Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
I'm new to this board - help with intestinal gas rumbling noises

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I just wish I knew what the problem was - but I suffer everyday from loud and embarrasing intestinal gas rumbling noises.  It sounds like my stomach is growling when it's very hungry - but you can tell that the noise is from my intestines.  Where do I turn for help?  Will I be laughed at for not knowing what this is?  Is it common?  I've never heard of anyone with these symptoms.
It happens. I've been told it's normal. It could even be IBS, But if it bothers you, you should see your doctor. Everyone needs to see there DOCTOR. It's very important NOT to ignore your healyh.
Good luck ;)
My husbands stomach makes those noises all the time.. He doesnt seem to be bothered with any stomach problems..
Unless you are having other symptoms,I wouldn't worry to much. But if you are concerned ,it might be wise to ask your doctor.
Have a nice day.
Lyn
I find that if I go to the bathroom and have a bowel movement, or at least try to expel as much gas as possible, this helps greatly in diminishing the rumbling noises. Actually the noises are competely gone, for a time.

By the way, when I have the loud stomache noises, I don't necessarily feel an urge to have a bowl movement, but when I sit down on the commode,  I do have one, and then the noises are suddenly gone.

If I know I'm going to be in a meeting, etc. I always go to the bathroom first. All this may sound simplistic, but it works for me.