Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
LIPASE AND BILLIRUBIN

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

LIPASE AND BILLIRUBIN

HI THERE FOE THE LAST 2 MONTHS IVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM PAINS IN THE STOMACH AND BACK WITH VOMITING AND TIRED. IVE HAD CT SCANS ULTRA SOUND AD MRI DONE AND THEY DONT FIND OUT WHATS WRONG OVER THE WEEKEND THEY TOLD ME MY BILLRUBIN IS HIGH WHAT CAN BE WRONG PLEAS EHELP ME IM SO SCARED
Tags: pancreas
IM SORRY I FORGOT TO LEAVE MY EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU  HAVE ANY INFO ON WHAT I CAN BE SUFFERING FROM I NEW IN HERE AND IM A BIT COFUSED ITS ***@**** THANKS AGIAN IM IN PAIN..
Is your pain located mainly on your right side? If so have you had your gallbladder checked?? Sometimes when you are having symptoms such as yours, and all of the tests(CT scans, Ultrasounds, MRI) come back normal, it could be a condition called biliary dyskinesia or Acalculous cholecystopathy(gallbladder disease). Which is in essence gallbladder disease without stones. I'm having my gallbladder removed soon because of it.

Ask your doctor for a HIDA Scan. It's a test to study how well your gallbladder empties, and to evaluate if you have any structural abnormalities. Anything below a 35% injection fraction could indicate gallbladder disease.

There's also a condition called Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction. The Sphincter is a muscle located at the opening of your bile duct, and when it is too tight, it can keep the bile from flowing effectively; It can also cause symptoms of pain and nausea.

If you aren't seeing one already, have your primary care physician to refer you to a gastroenterologist for a proper evaluation.
I have pancreatitis and you can tell if you have it bc of your lipase and amylase counts would be high.  It also affects my bile duct and i have to have a stent put in every 2 to 3 weeks to keep it open...my biliruben count gets high every time i have a blockage in my bile duct.  It could also be your gallbladder i had the hida test done and had my gallbladder taken out...For both pancreatitis and gallbladder attacks, it has a big deal to do with what you eat.  Every time you eat be aware of what you eat.  If you eat something high in fat or something really greasy or spicy it could set of the pain attacks and can cause vomiting...I have had it all...you should talk to your dr's more about the hida and also to check your pancreas.
Your info was helpful.  I had a hida scan and i am ejecting at 9% and my doctor said we don't need to take the gb out now but I am so miserable.  Also, I have shooting pains and can't even touch below my breast bone without feeling like a knife is there.  I suggested the pancreas after reading on this site and my gastro said he didn't believe that was it. just "lazy gut" with slow digestion.  Can't he just do a simple blood test for the amaylase and lipase levels?  He has not done any blood work except for the simple CBC workup to rule out white blood cell count.  Feel like he thinks I am a hypochondriac because I keep saying I feel bad but ultrasounds and scopes dont' show anything.  have not had any MRI or CT scans of anything.  Just HIDA and stomach emptying and gallbladder ultrasound.