Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Liquid Discharge from Anus
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Liquid Discharge from Anus

I am a 45 years old male.  I have been experiencing an annoying problem for about 8 months.  Almost every time I have a bowel movement and I wipe myself clean, small amounts of liquid continue to seep out of my anus for several hours following the trip to the bathroom.  The total amount discharged over a 3-5 hour period is very small (about 2 cc).  However it causes continual burning and itching in my anal area and forces me to go to the bathroom repeatedly to wipe and dry off of my anal area.  It is an embarrassing and annoying problem, but, more importantly, I am concerned that it is a sign of something more serious.  The problem started almost immediately after I had a sexual relation with a woman 8 months ago.  Copious amounts of her vaginal fluids had fallen on my anal area and I am wondering if something like a yeast infection (which she most likely had had at the time) may have been passed on to me or could cause the symptom I am experiencing.  Any explanations or ideas on what might be going on would be appreciated.