Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
'Lump' in throat - hard to swallow

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

'Lump' in throat - hard to swallow

I am trying to figure out if what I am feeling warrants a visit to the doctor. This is the second time in about a month I have felt this way. It feels like a large "something" is lodged in my throat...I can feel it in my throat between my collar bones.  It gets worse adn I am unable to drink pop, as it begins to burn. It hurts a bit to eat and is hard to swallow.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
1 Comment
You absolutely need to get to a doctor to have this checked out.
I suffered with the "lump in the throat" pain and ended up going to a neurologist who prescribed "Elavil" which I took at night.
This proved successful with what appeared to have been an artery in spasm.  Good luck.
A related discussion, lump in throat was started.
A related discussion, throat problem. was started.