Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Ms. twiceluckymama
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ms. twiceluckymama

I recently had an employer-sponsered health screening in which I had mildly elevated GGT, uric acid, and cholesterol.  I am 34, an ovo-lacto vegetarian, breastfeeding, and at the time of the test, was taking three 500mg fish oil capsuls and an 81mg baby aspirin daily, along with b-12, b6, and folate.  I abstain from alcohol while pregnant and lactating; I only drink 1-2 times per year when not. I tested positive for four antiphospholipid antibodies, including anticardiolipin, antiphosphatidylserine, antiphosphatidylinositol, and one other (negative for antiphosphatidylethanolamine), 1.5 years ago (and was found to be heterozygous for MTHFR and Leiden factor V) after having two subsequent first-trimester miscarriages (each followed a pesticide (type II pyrethroid) exposure by 9-10 days).  I have read that prolactin (breastfeeding) can cause elevated cholesterol, and that aspirin can cause elevated uric acid levels. Can my elevated GGT  levels be related to antiphospholipid antibodies, and if so, what does that elevation with APA mean?  Am I right to discount the uric acid and cholesterol impacts, or, given the existing health conditions, are there things I should watch for in the future?  I notice that I feel mildly sick and have quicker digestion than normal when I eat a very fatty meal, rather than my usual fare.