Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
ORANGE OIL IN TOILET

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

ORANGE OIL IN TOILET

HI,THE LAST 2 WEEKS I HAVE NOTICED WHEN I EAT MEAT THAT IS FRIED AND I HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT AFTER I EAT I HAVE DROPS OF ORANGE TINTED OIL IN THE TOILET AND I HAVE HOT FLASHES ALL THE TIME WHAT COULD THIS BE ? SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?
Please let me know if you find anything out.  I do the very same thing with the hot flashes and the oily residue in the toilet when I have diarrhea.

I just started having the same problem and it's really freaking me out.  Have either of you found out anything regarding this problem?  I noticed it after eating Mexican food the other night.
I have still not found out anything yet, but I can tell you this. I have found a great web site on Celiac disease.  I could not believe how much my symptoms matched most everyone on the site.  It has a great message board and you get answers very quickly.  The link is www.delphiforums.com You then click on Health/Wellness on the left side of the page.  You have to sign up, but it is free.  I love the place.  

AuntLane
This is so strange - this has been happening to me intermittantly now for 3 weeks (I did have severe stomach flu twice in that time), but the oil is either orange or green.  I did not eat fried meat yesterday though (I ate a stir fry and spaghetti) but I did have some wine and beer last night.  I don't know what to make to this.
I have been doing some research on Celiac disease and many of the symptoms that I have are related to this disease.  All of the things that you had yesterday (past, chinese food, alcohol)have gluten in them and that could be the cause of your unusual bowel movements.

Take a look at this site www.delphiforums.com and go into health and wellness I believe.  They have quite a large message board on this subject and it has been very helpful.

AuntLane
I think I found my answer.  I ate almost an entire bag of "Wow" chips...you know, the ones that contain Olestra.  Well, after doing a lot of research online I came to find that the orange oil was in fact fat that my body wasn't retaining.  I haven't had the problem since.  Beware of Olestra!!!
My wife gets the same type of orange oily spotting. She is currently taking a fat blocker called Zenical. She was told that this would happen while on this medication. She was prescribed this medication in an attempt to correct a fatty liver condition.I am wondering if this is the way your body is getting rid of exess fat, or maybe you are currently taking a fat blocking medication yourself.
I began experiencing the same symptoms a day ago, orange oily substance in stool.  I am 32 years old.  I had just been to a Sushi bar the evening before and assumed maybe that it had something to do with that.  I have been searching the internet and found an article on olestra.  This is used in some chips.  I know that two days ago I ate a bunch of chips that I had never tried before.  I am going to check the ingredients as soon as I get home this evening. The article was at www.cspinet.org/new/ltr_041602.html if you are interested.