Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pain upon pressure on lower left abdominal wall
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain upon pressure on lower left abdominal wall

I started yesterday having pain when I press on the area between waist and hip on my left front side.  Also have pain when moving wrong on just below my right rear waist.   Both seem to have gotten worse in the past 20 hours.  I have no nausea, dizziness, etc., appetite is fine, I'm at work, etc.  

Could this be caused from muscle pulls from moving heavier objects in an awkward, twisting position? For the past 3 weeks my condo has been in chaos as we've been moving furniture, boxes, etc. from room to room as they've done repiping and put in new floors.  Plus, I've been very stressed over my mother's health and spending time helping her out.  Plus, my husband just left this morning for 8 days in China.  Could it be caused by stress and overstrain?

As a medical history:  
A year ago I had a bowel resection due to colon cancer...it was completely successfull with none of the 24 nodes infected, nor any chemo/radio. needed.  I just had my year colonscopy,Cat and quarterly blood tests.  All looked great!  Yea!  
I have had the inoculation series for Hepititis (hepatitis) A & B, as well as shots for Yellow Fever, Typhoid, adult polio and tetnus. (You can see we've prepared for trips.)

Looking forward to a reply.  Sandy