Paresthesia (tingling) in stomach?
For the past few months, I have had a strange sensation (skin crawling, pins-and-needles) in my lower left abdomen. Usually, it happens after eating a large meal, but also when I am under stress or lying down in a certain position. After an upper G.I., my doctor told me that the only thing that showed up was a mild inflammation of my duodenum he called duodenitis that could be related to irritable bowel syndrome or GERD. He could be right, but I can't find anything about this strange symptomology anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!
Inflammation often manifests as paresthesias (pins and needles).  I have had an inflammed liver due to autoimmune disorder and I get pins and needles in my right side area...can be just a symptom of the inflammation in the general area.  Will they treat you for the inflammation, or do they think it will go away on its own?

Rebecca
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking I was the only one with this symptom! No treatment was recommended for the inflammation, other than to avoid eating the wrong foods, etc. and taking an OTC antacid. If it gets worse, I'll go back to see the doc.