Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Pumpkin Colored Stools
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pumpkin Colored Stools

My stools are pumpkin colored, sort of burnt orange color. 6 months ago I had an acupuncture treatment in the gallbladder region and felt a fluttering under my left rib cage. The next stool was brown. So I deducted that my gallbladder was not emptying out bile. In last 3 months I've had intercostal left lower rib cage spasms laying on my back, relieved turning on left side. I see from other postings about yellow colored stools there may be a relationship between candida and IBS. I have had bouts of mucous stools in the 70s and most recently thought my latest blisters (clusters of blisters) outbreak was Shingles as I was worn out, got a upper respiratory virus w/fever. Could it have been the blister outbreak associated with IBS? (I can't spell the name out - it begins with e) I have Hep A in 1960, mono x 3 in the early 70s. I've had vaginal yeast infections in 70s post antibiotic therapies and from simple excess sugar intake. My liver enzymes have always been WNL. C-Reactive Protein three wks ago 14. Another CRP (w/high sensitivity) was done-no results yet. I am a RN and have had a few needle sticks in the past 24 years. Would parasites cause this color stool? I see a lot of references to clay colored stools, but what color is clay? In Georgia it's orange!!!!  Recently found out I was allergic to dairy and wheat - so now my flatulence is reduced 98%. What about Sprue as a possibility? Certainly an Ultrasound of Gallbladder would rule out stones. What tests are done to test Immune system function? I know this color is not normal for a stool. Thanking you in advance for your reply.