Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Re: Heartburn / Reflux
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Heartburn / Reflux

Posted By Robert on June 09, 1999 at 12:00:30
Good morning.  I am 30 years old, in fair condition.  About six months ago I was treated for acid reflux with Prevacid.  After 30 days of being on the medication, I felt better and so was taken off it.  Since then, I have had short periods of heartburn, but mostly I have had nothing more than excessive burping after eating.  In the last few days, I have been having really bad heartburn in the center of my chest that keeps coming back along with an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen.  It's been so bad that even water has been repeating on me.  I trace it back to a steak dinner I had earlier in the week, and since I never eat beef I'm thinking that maybe my stomach couldn't handle it?  Could this just be the lingering effects of that?  I have had no other problems except for a coinciding head cold.  Thanks for the advice.

Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
Posted By Larry Mizen on June 11, 1999 at 14:21:12
My doctor has diagnosed me with Reflux and has me on Prilosc and propulsid.  I have a fullness in my upper chest and pains in both right and left sides of my chest from time to time and even under my left arm under the rib cage. I feel like I have to burp alot and have discomfort just above my ribcage.  I have no indigestion or heartburn which I find odd.  I quit coffe and beer, have an occasional glass of wine.  I notice if we go out to eat and I have something different to eat and maybe a few glasses of wine it will make the symtoms (symptoms) more severe.  I am going to a Doctor May 20th and will probably be scoped.  My question is does this sound like reflux? I guess because I don't get indigestion or heartburn I feel it might be something else such as gall bladder.  I have had times and only a few where I have had eaten before bedtime and had a problem with that.  Anybody out there help me.

Blank
Posted By Stephanie Hall on June 14, 1999 at 19:37:13
Larry, I am sitting here reading about your condition and realize that you have EXACTLY the same symptoms I have!!!  I am a 30 year old female.  So far I have figured out that what that "lumpy" feeling is is called a "globus sensation."  I have just developed this over the last month.  Now it is soooo severe, I have it practically all of the time.  I have modified my diet, so that I am eating a lot of soft foods, no alcohol, no coffee, etc.  However, I still get it.  I am on Prilosec ( 10mg), but I feel like it is no longer working.  I am completely at a loss about what to do.  Does anyone out there have any suggestions?  

Follow Ups:

Re: Heartburn / Reflux Dennis Starbird 6/16/1999
(10)

Heartburn / Reflux Georgia 8/28/1999
(0)

Heartburn / Reflux Lu 6/17/1999
(8)

Re: Heartburn / Reflux RAJAT NARAIN 9/25/1999
(0)

Re: Heartburn / Reflux MTH 9/09/1999
(0)

Re: Heartburn / Reflux chris 6/26/1999