Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Spontaneous Cure
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Spontaneous Cure

In Jan 2001, I was diagnosed with Hep C.  My liver enzymes were elevated at the time.  Ten months later, Pegulated Interferron was released.  In preparation for my treatment, my Dr. sent me for my liver biopsy and to determine the genotype.  The liver came back level one and the genotype was indeterminable due to a low viral count.  He sent me back out for more blood work and I tested Negative for Hep C.  I am scheduled to go back in six months for more blood tests to determine if I am still negative.  The only thing I have done different in the ten months was take 1000 mg of milk thistle daily and stay away from all alcohol.  Can you tell me if there are other cases of spontaneous clearing of the disease on record?  Can you explain my circumstances?  Should I continue with the milk thistle?  Is it OK to have an occassional drink with my wife on special occassions?  Should I have more tests?  I am a 50 year old man with generally poor health and a history of colon cancer, skin cancer, meningytis, etc.  Thanks for your time and efforts on our behalf.