Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Thin stool or Flat stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Thin stool or Flat stool
My question is regarding the difference between flat stool and thin stool and possible causes.  Recently my stool has had a flat look to it.  I am not sure what constitutes "thin", but it is approximately the width of 2 or 2 1/2 pencils.   When one thinks of thin stool, what is the general consensus?  There are really no other causes..  
Actually, I have one other question regarding diahrea;  Is being diagnosed with diahrea the frequency you pass stool a day or is it more of a consistency of the stool?  For instance, I probably go 4-5 times a day, but my stool is "softer" sometimes ,loose other times and regualr sometimes.  Occasionally I suffer from a upset stomach, but no pain, mucus  or blood is present. Any ideas?
By the way I am 27, and approximately 210 pounds, 6 Ft

Check this site:

http://www.afraidtoask.com/bowel/index.html

Check this site:

A related discussion, flat stool was started.