Here are my symptoms and I need help please please please!
Every morning I :
* wake up with a knot in my throat
* feel like a have saliva/light mucus (bile?) that is dripping down my throat into my stomach
* feel like i have an empty stomach but when I try to eat I gag or throw up
* gag & throw up stomach acid (especially when i brush my teeth) but sometimes happens for no seemingly reason
During the day I:
* have stomach acid come up (even though i never eat breakfast and only drink coffee)
* have difficulty eating lunch and when I eat I do, I don't eat that much food
At night I :
* Feel good, eat dinner just fine and sleep pretty good (as good as I can with a newborn 3month old)
* Have had chest pains from acid since I was little
* I was raised on fast food
* been in pretty good health, no major problems and hardly ever get sick all my life
* sometimes wake up (now every 2-3 months) due to not breathing right and wake up gasping for air
There can be a variety of causes for your symptoms.
GERD, an ulcer, or gastritis all should be considered. After being evaluated by a physician, a proton pump inhibitor like omeprazole can be considered, or medications like Zantac or Pepcid.
Further evaluation can be done with an upper GI series or upper endoscopy to exclude an ulcer or inflammation of the upper digestive tract.
These options can be discussed with your personal physician.
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.