Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
Yellow Diarrhea and Gallstones
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Yellow Diarrhea and Gallstones

I have gallstones that were confirmed by an ultrasound. I've been attempting to delay gallbladder surgery until the beginning of next year. By lowering my fat intake, I have managed to avoid any gallbladder attacks since I received my diagnosis. I have not been lactose intolerant during this time and have included a lot of low-fat dairy products in my diet.

However, in the last ten days, something has changed. I've had a lot of digestive rumbling and diarrhea. The diarrhea has a lot of yellow liquid mixed in with the stool. There is no burning or red coloring, and no severe abdominal pain. Just gallbladder discomfort after eating, stomach rumbling, burping, and the diarrhea.

I've tried to cut back on dairy products because I wondered if they were starting to bother my gallbladder. I seem to have less digestive rumbling when I avoid them.

I was taking Imodium (immodium) AD to control the diarrhea, but now I've stopped since it seems like I need to let it clear my system.

I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what is happening with my gallbladder since the upheaval in my digestive system seems to be gallbladder-related.