Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
black specks in bowel
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

black specks in bowel

i have soft, kinda greasy looking bowel movements. i have noticed that everytime i have a bowel movement i notice these black specks. Kinda like coffee grounds. I have been taking medications and quite a few vitamins lately. I take methocarbamol(muscle relaxer), ibuprofen, vitamin, calcium/magnesium, vitamin C, evening primrose oil, ginger, vitamin B12. Do you think these black specks in my bowel could be from taking vitamins/herbals? I have also been having discomfort in my the upper left side of my stomach. It hurts when i press on it. I don't know if i should be worried.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I wouldn't worry about the black specks!!  I had them, and i asked my doc, and she told me that they're completely normal.  Everyone has them.  Its when your whole stool is black and tar like that you have to see your doc.  Also, black stool means that you're bleeding high up in your colon.  That would be on your right side, at least, if not in your stomach or esophogus.  You're ok!!!  But, you mentioned that your stools are greasy.  Greasy stools can be an indication of malabsorbtion, and that could be causing your stomach ache as well.  You could go to your doctors and tell them that you're having this greasy stool with the stomach pains, and they can check you out.  Its nothing that serious so don't worry!! Make sure you don't worry about the black specks as well.  As long as its not your whole stool, and really smelly and tar like, you should be ok!!:-)
katie
Blank
A related discussion, Flat black specks in bowel movement was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity