Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
blood mucus in stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

blood mucus in stool

Lately I have noticed a small amount of blood and white slimey stuff in my stool.Only in the smaller pieces that are harder and usually come when I have  constipation and push harder.Its not everyday just when I have the harder stool.When I have a full stool I notice nothing.My diet has been poor lately also.

Along with the blood is a white slimy stuff.Now I also use protein powder alot and that usually makes me pass stool alot usually within 4 hours of taking it and its usually soft.Could that be the cause of the white stuff.

I also use q-tips to help clean out my anus after I go and just before this happen fel;t something tear when i used  it.Could I have torn somthing?

What would you recomend.There is no history of cancer in my family.

Any type of blood is not normal.  Depending on your age, hemorrhoids are the most common cause, with the chances of cancer increasing as you age.  

Inflammatory bowel disease is another cause of both blood and mucous in the stool.  Other causes would be an anal fissure, polyps or diverticulosis.  

In any case, I would suggest a colonoscopy for a comprehensive evaluation.  This test can evaluate for each of the disease I mentioned above.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
I have taken fiber over the last few days.My body is adjusting to it so clearly it was lacking.I will continue to use it daily and if this stops the blood then it was the fiber issue I drive all day and sit obviously for hours So I think its Hemmorrods.

The fiber seems to be have a positive effectI would like to get a colonoscopy  but have no medical insuence.

If it persist after a few weeks after using fiber Ill get checked out
Where can I get a free or discounted colonoscopy I cannot afford the 2,000+ cost for one I have no medical insurence
you can call the local hospital which provides the service ,they may have a payment plan which you can pay by installment and also if they know you have no insurance,they may give you a discount .
also they want you to have some one to take you home after the procedure,they dont  want you to drive yourself home.
some of the powder drink can cause constipation or diarhea (diarrhea),esp the soy based powder,some people are just not used to it.
also soy may contain yeast which can give you constipation and yeast infection.
in asia,there are many soy products such as tofu etc and they are made daily and sold out daily,if they sit around,they will start to ferment.
How long after diet change and use of fiber can I expect to see no more blood,I plan to make the fiber a permenent thing.

In the last 3 days I used fiber I have passed stool 9 times 2 or 3 had only a dot of blood in them and they all came after driving for over an hour

So basicly how long to cure hemmoroids (hemorrhoids)?
have you used any of the over the counter medication to shrink the hemmoroid??
i think they are always going to be there,if inflamed,they will act up.
Went to doctors he did a test found no blood in my anus he told me that I need to "Slowly" add fiber thru fiber rich foods.I was over taking fiber and its worse than the hemmorroids.Bloating & gas.

He feels I will be ok and said I was fine.

My advice to everyone is take fiber slowly a little at a time.

some cereals provide fiber,like bran and metamucil.
Im planning a colinoscomy(spelling) soon.My biggest problem now is  im Too regular I got almost to the same minuet everyday but the bathroom is not avaiable at that time I dont want to hold it or strain anything

What can I do to possaibly push it back so I have to go at least 30 minuets after i usually do when the bathroom is free.Im tryig eating before bed will that work?
I just ate an apple 2 hrs ago it went right thru me and came out very soft.There seem to be a little blood on a small piece but it was so small I couldent tell what it was.

Why do apples cause soft stool alomst diarrera I think I have always had this problem.Could I have an infection?

for the past 3 days I have had soft stools and the end part being diarrea (diarrhea),I only go once a day.Why could this be Is it nerves as I am very upset.

Could it be an infection other than a hemmorroid
A related discussion, untitled was started.
A related discussion, Please Advise....Urgent was started.