Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
can this be liver or malabsorption?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

can this be liver or malabsorption?

Since my 20's (i am 44 y/o female) I've had fairly frequent cold sore outbreaks. This past year I've been getting them about 2 times a month and was started on Valtrex in March.  Last November I woke up with tinnitus both ears which has never gone away. Since February, always feel like motion sickness and have had some severe dizzy spells.  Since June I frequently get a burning sensation on the skin of my arms, jaw and legs.  Feels like a bad sunburn but no redness.  I've been to two neurologist and neuro exam is abnormal but they cant find out why.

12 years ago I had an enlarged liver and elevated LDH. rechecked in 6 months and everything was normal.  Past year CMP, ana, sed rate, immune panel, MRI brain, cbc, thyroid studies normal.  B12 was 311 and it came up after 2 months of sublingual b12.  My cholesterol has always been between 90-110, ldl 40's, triglycerides 30's and hdl 50's. My bloodpressure is low always and I don't have hepatitis or HIV.

The past several years I've had 4 mercury fillings removed and I have 4 more to go due to cracks in my teeth from grinding them.

IN my teens I made a bet and drank a glass of whiskey.(not smart)  Couldn't get out of bed for 2 days.  Since then I only have a couple of drinks a month.  I have a very hearty appetite and eat lots of good and bad foods.

Is my low cholesterol and low normal b12 a possibility of causing my symptoms?
Could I have caused permanent liver damage from that incident in my teens?
Could I have a malabsorption problem.  I don't have bloating, and stools are fairly regular.
  Can replacing mercury fillings cause problems?

thanks for your time.