Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
clear jelly like substance discharge from rectum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I had a clear jelly like substance discharge after a bm. It took 4 wipes to get it all. What could this be?
I had the same thing and was diagnosed with mucous colitis.  I was told to lessen the stress in the life and put particular diet.  I do not remember the diet now and because it was so long ago, the treatment may have changed.  However, I was relieved to know it wouldn't kill or disable me.
Every one has mucus in their stool.  But, when we eat something that doesn't agree with us or if we have the flu there is more.  That would be a blessing.   Best to you!!
probably just irritable colon. Try not to worry.
A related discussion, discharge from rectum was started.