Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
continuing nausea after cholecystectomy?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

continuing nausea after cholecystectomy?

I had a cholecystectomy(gallbladder removal) six months ago, not because of gallstones, but rather because of severe nausea after eating.  My surgeon said my gallbladder was diseased and when I went back to him after six months of continuing nausea, he sent me to a gastroenterologist.  So far, my liver panel has come back normal and my white blood cells are high for no apparant reason.  Both the urine and stool samples were fine.  The gastroenterologist put me on aciphex because of a small hiatal hernia and while it has allowed me to ingest alcohol without having reflux, it doesn't seem to be doing anything for my nausea.  Everytime I ingest anything, I start cramping and I am overcome with nausea.  Because of this, I can only eat a very small amount if I plan to keep the food down.  I have lost even more weight since my cholecystectomy, and my energy level is almost nonexistent.  The only way I am even eating anything at all is because of marijuana which was suggested by a friend on chemotherapy(my doctor doesn't know i've been smoking marijuana).  I don't have any stomach ulcers, so what else could be causing my problems?  I would greatly appreciate any comments or information anyone might have about my condition.  It's sad, but I've almost completely forgotten what it's like to enjoy a good meal.