Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
hiccups

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

hiccups
A friend of mine has had hiccups for 12 days straight so far.  There was one time a few years ago when he had them for 19 days straight.  He has gone to the doctor, but the medication did not stop his hiccups.  Please give us any suggestions as to how to stop the hiccups for him.  Thank you.
Whenever I get the hicups one of these two things usually does the trick.  First I get a cup of water and sit in a chair.  I bend over and drink the water while bending over.  Stay bent over for about 20 seconds and they should go away.  The second is to take a teaspoon of sugar and eat it dry.  Hope this helps
I been sufer this problem about three yars,some times more imtensively
i find i make good friends with 'parkinsons' people when i have the hiccups