painful ERCP
I recently had a very painful ERCP. During the the test the pain was so bad I was waking up out of the sedation to get off the table. The Dr didn't find any obstruction or narrowing, but did find the duct was inflammed for reasons he doesn't know. Has anyone else had this experience? The post cholecystectomy pain I was experiencing prior to this test  was the same pain that I had during the ERCP. He does know that my pain is from the bile duct, but still is unsure of what is causing the inflamation.
YES, I HAVE HAD A ERCP TO FIND OUT WHY I HAVE TERRIBLE PAIN AFTER EATING SINCE I HAD MY GALLBLADDER OUT IN FEB. 2001. I ALSO HAVE A VERY ENLARGED BILE DUCT EVEN AT THE TIME OF GALLBLADDER REMOVAL. NOW, AFTER ALL THES MONTHS I HAVE ENLARGED CBD,HEPTIC DUCT CYSTIC DUCT ENLARGEMENT WITHOUT NO ONE ABLE TO EXPLAIN WHY. IT MAKES ME NEVROUS TO LET THIS GO EVEN THROUGH THEY SAY THE BILE IS FLOWING FINE...THE WHY THE PAIN ??? I AM SO TIRED OF THE WHOLE THING... THEY NOW THINK MAYBE IBS...I HAVE NO SYMPTOMS,,,,JUST BLOWING ME OFF BECAUSE THEY CANNOT EXPLAIN... I AM GOING TO FIND A DIFFERENT GI DOCTOR...SO I CAN FINALLY EAT WITHOUT PAIN...ALSO, CHRONIC PACREATITIS HAS BEEN MENTION TOO.. IT FITS MY SYMPTOMS. GOOD-LUCK HOPE THIS WAS SOME HELP.
A related discussion, What causes an enlarged common bile duct without stones? was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?