Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
post surgical difficult

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

post surgical difficult
I had a hiatal hernia repair 10 weeks ago.  Laproscopically.  I have lost almost 15 pounds because I am STILL having trouble swallowing foods. Liquids and soft foods are ok.  When I eat something that doesn't make it's way down the esophagus, I must make myself throw-up in order for it to clear.  I am afraid I am hurting myself more from doing this.  I contacted my Doctor regarding this about 3 weeks ago and didn't seem all that concerned.  Will I ever go back to eating like I used to?  When should I start to be really concerned and call the Doctor again?  Thank you....any help regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.
DON'T IGNORE YOUR SYMPTOMS, CONTACT THE DR. AFTER 10 WKS YOU MAY STILL HAVE SOME SWELLING, BUT ALSO THEY MAY NEED TO SCOPE YOU AND DILATE YOU.
I HAD A "WRAP" 2 YEARS AGO FOR REFLUX AND HITAL HERNIA AND HAD HORRIBLE TROUBLE, SIMILAR TO YOURS. IT WAS FOUND IT WAS TOO TIGHT, SO THEY UNDID IT.
A related discussion, I HAD NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION  4 WKS AGO :( was started.
A related discussion, Pains after hiatus hernia operation ( terrible ) was started.
A related discussion, Post hiatal hernia repair was started.