post surgical difficult
I had a hiatal hernia repair 10 weeks ago.  Laproscopically.  I have lost almost 15 pounds because I am STILL having trouble swallowing foods. Liquids and soft foods are ok.  When I eat something that doesn't make it's way down the esophagus, I must make myself throw-up in order for it to clear.  I am afraid I am hurting myself more from doing this.  I contacted my Doctor regarding this about 3 weeks ago and didn't seem all that concerned.  Will I ever go back to eating like I used to?  When should I start to be really concerned and call the Doctor again?  Thank you....any help regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated.
ELC
DON'T IGNORE YOUR SYMPTOMS, CONTACT THE DR. AFTER 10 WKS YOU MAY STILL HAVE SOME SWELLING, BUT ALSO THEY MAY NEED TO SCOPE YOU AND DILATE YOU.
I HAD A "WRAP" 2 YEARS AGO FOR REFLUX AND HITAL HERNIA AND HAD HORRIBLE TROUBLE, SIMILAR TO YOURS. IT WAS FOUND IT WAS TOO TIGHT, SO THEY UNDID IT.
A related discussion, I HAD NISSEN FUNDOPLICATION  4 WKS AGO :( was started.
A related discussion, Pains after hiatus hernia operation ( terrible ) was started.
A related discussion, Post hiatal hernia repair was started.