Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
rectal clear mucus discharge, all possible causes please?!!?!
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

rectal clear mucus discharge, all possible causes please?!!?!

I have a discharge rectally that is clear and ranges from  from watery to gel-like.  Some days it's less and some days it practically flows requiring protection!  I hate this and no one is saying why it is happening!  I am wondering about internal hemmorhoids or an internal prolapse of the rectum/colon, or is it "just" irritable bowel syndrome?  It seems more profuse if I get constipated and seems worse during or right after my period.  Worst thing of all is I had a tear of the anal sphincter from childbirth and so it isn't very strong and the mucus just slips right out (UGGHH!!)  
Any insight would be appreciated as the doctors so far aren't giving me any answers have had a colonoscopy and CT scan which were apparently normal.   Help!!!!!!!!!   Thank you  = )