Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
small pieces of stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

small pieces of stool

Hi. I was wondering if someone knew what could cause the following symptoms?
First of all for a year I have been having really small pieces of poop.  Sometimes when I am in the bathroom I feel like I really have to poop but I can't. It feels like its really close but it doesn't really come out.  Sometimes there are spots of blood on the poop.  Could this because of an obstruction in the colon?  Finally I smell like fart all the time.  I don't know why but I really smell bad all the time.   Sometimes I have trouble farting and I really have to control the fart to not poop in the process.  Could some please tell me why do I have these symptoms? By the way I am only 18 years old.. I would really appreciate your help.
1 Comment
I would say you are constipated.  I call it "pebble poop" when it is small and hard like that, also since you mention you try to go and you can't, it sounds even more like constipation.  Constipation can also cause little spots of blood because of the straining to go.

I would try increasing fiber in your diet and drinking lots of water (and don't drink things that can dehydrate you (alcohol, tea, coffee, caffeinated soda).  

I would wait a month and if you do these things and notice no improvement, see a doctor.