Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
sometimes I pass bright red/pink blood in my stool. what can this mean?...

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

sometimes I pass bright red/pink blood in my stool. what can this mean?
sometimes I pass bright red/pink blood in my stool. what can this mean? This has been ongoing for a few years with no real pattern. Sometimes it's just on the t/p after I wipe. Sometimes you can see it swirl in the bowl. Is this cause for serious concern?
Anytime there is blood in the stool or in the toilet bowl, it is cause for concern. With that said, this may be not be serious. However, it is cause for attention. You need to see your family doc and/or a gastroenterologist (GI specialist) so they may get your medical history and run the proper tests. There are different causes for blood in the stool/rectum, some are not serious and some are. So, your best bet would be to seek medical attention at your earliest convenience. It doesn't sound like an emergency, considering this has been going on for "a couple of years", but you should make it a priority. Take care and good luck!
                                        J.C.I.
I agree completely with the advice you have been given.  It is VERY important that you get this checked out.
I had the same thing last year.  It worried me alot too, especially since I have really bad stomach pain.  Very good idea to go to the doctor, mine ended up not being as bad as a thought.  After a flexible sigmoidoscopy, the doctor determined it was an internal bleeding hemmoroid.  Made sense to me.  Hope yours turns out well.