Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
unable to digest food

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

unable to digest food

Howdy.
First of all I am seeing a doctor but I just want to get another opinion and mabey some advise on questions to ask my doctor.
The Problem is I have been sick for four weeks feeling like I have the flu. some days are better than others I manage to keep food down some times but it does hurt and I feel like a rock is in my stomache. Other days it doesn't matter when or what I eat I end up throwing up. I have had a scope of my stomache and the results were negative I have had CT scan of my organs I do not have the results of this yet. Today I had a test where I had to eat some eggs to see how my digestive process is working thoes results acccording to the radiolgist showed that in a 2 hour period the break down of food was only 10% and it should have been at least 50%. This does explain why to me why I feel sick after I eat and have the need to throw up but would cause this. I have lost 30 pounds in the past 4 weeks so if you can give me some tips or advise I would appreciate it. I did have some blood in my vomit and stool this only happend once and the doctor said that it was most likely caused by strain from dry heaves.
Thank You
Brad Renn
1 Comment
The condition is called, "Gastroparesis". You can find out a bit more by reading this. Your doctor should be talking to you about this and will prescribe something. Have you spoken to him/her since the procedure? This should help a bit.

http://www.gicare.com/pated/ecdgs45.htm
A related discussion, Gastroparesis was started.
A related discussion, Not able to digest any thing was started.