Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
upper back, neck , shoulder sorness and pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

upper back, neck , shoulder sorness and pain

I have Gerd for about 4 months. It seems improving. I'm taking the Protonix medication.

Along with they Gerd symptom, I also have upper back, neck, shoulder sorness and pain. And dizzy or headache, not the spinning kind, it's sometimes like a sudden wave to my head, then if I walk I feel a little dizzy or shaky.

SOmetimes I can even feel the wave when I was lying on bed. Don't know if it is related with Gerd. Do all kinds of test, rule out cardiology and have a CAT scan turns out normal. And I don't think it's from Medication, for it happened before I take Protonix.
And the upper back, neck, shoulder sorness and pain don't go away even have a good sleep. My neurology Dr said it may be my posture. But How can it be there for about 3-4 months.

Anyone has any ideas?