Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
what could be wrong now?????

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

what could be wrong now?????

okay, so all my tests so far have showed nothing, yet i continue with the nausea and vomiting. my 24 hr. ph test was normal for reflux, valve pressure good. gastric emptying test and ugi normal. dr. wants me to have a head/sinus cat scan. he says there is a part of your brain that governs nausea and i also suffer alot of sinusitis. i have noticed that when i eat fatty foods, cheese, butter etc., the next morning i am sick with nausea and vomiting. have suggested gallbladder problems but all bloodwork and ultrasound were fine. i have heard that gb problems are sometimes very hard to detect. dr. is hesitant to order a hida scan without evidence of abnormal bloodwork first. this is very frustrating to say the least. i do not get typical ruq pain. i do get mid back pain however. so, is the gb worth pushing to get checked further? any other ideas would be very helpful. thanks
one other thing....could sinus related problems cause the nausea and vomiting? i did have a polyp removed from my sinuses 8 years ago. perhaps there is another one? is there a correlation? thanks again for any input.
Sorry that you're not feeling so well. Look at it this way. So far.......SO GOOD! Everything coming back A-OK is GREAT, that's what you want. I know how you feel though. I sometimes go thinking please, let there be something just so that you could put a lable on your pain, but when it's all done and over with, I'm thankful that everything IS, ok. There are A LOT of posts over on the message board at webmd under digestive disorders that people are posting about the same symptoms. There's also a Dr.'s response. If I were you I wouldn't push for the gallbladder. If everything's ok, most likely it's not the GB. Be careful what you push for.....................When they start digging, then they are DEFINITELY bound to find something. That goes for everyone. We're all born with something or another and are fine with it. I have to ask though. I too have a nasel polyp and I'd like to get it removed. Was it painful? Also, anything that is wrong with the ear, nose, throat would cause you to be nauseas (sp)and perhaps vomit. Maybe check those out first. Especially the aers!!!
My mother suffered for the past three or four years with most of your symptoms.  She had an instinct it was g.b. but was consistently told no.  Guess what.  Finally had her gb out last year and has had zero eposodes since and has even lost her lactose intolerance.  Push for more
Postnasal drip could be causing your nausea. I know it does me when I have a sinus infection. If you push to find out what's wrong, they'll only find something if there's something to find. And if they don't find anything, then you won't get treatment and get rid of your problem. You're the one that knows how you feel. You're not feeling well so you know there's something wrong. Hope you find the answer and feel better soon.
PS. In January I was in the hospital with chest pains. My EKG's were very abnormal and a cardiologist was called in the middle of the night (I'm 37 and female, so the likelihood of heart disease was very low) for a heart catheterization. They found an electrical problem and coronary artery spasm, and prescribed cardizem. No more chest pain! After I was in,another woman close to my age from my church went to the ER with chest pains. She got a catheterization too, no problems were found. Then another older woman went to the hospital with chest pains. They looked high and low and couldn't find a thing wrong with her heart even though they were pretty certain she had a blockage at first. So you can be pretty sure they won't find something that's not there.
thanks for the responses. toccoah, the sinus surgery was not bad at all. you are put out and they go through your nose to get at it. recovery isn't bad either. i may be having a cat scan of head and sinuses on friday, so we will see what happens. i find it hard to believe that stomach problems could be related to sinuses, but who knows? and if that is what it is, then voila!, i have solved the problem! again, thanks for all the kind responses. isn't this forum great?
Hi - my daughter had nasal polyps removed and sinuites.  We always thought she had allergies (she does) but one allergist put the allergies and polyps together and ordered a sweat test for her at age 14.  Turned out to our shock that she has atypical Cystic Fibrosis.  The CF really affected her sinuses and not the lungs until last month when she was severely sick and vomitted with severe stomach pains radiating to the back.  To make a long story short she had her gall bladder out and discovered that she has pancreatitis.  She is only 20.  The sinus problems and now pancreatis (pancreatitis) problems are due to her CF.  She also was genetically tested for CF and has the one mutation that is related to sinus polyps.  Neither my husband or I have CF.  We were both just carriers of one mutation. You have to have two mutations to have CF.  Anyway if we didn't have a very aware allergist we still would probably not know about the CF because her symptoms were not the typical ones and she appeared so healthy.  So this is just a thought if you have had nasal polyps. Many adults are just recently getting diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.  It is no longer just a child hood disease.  I have met adults with CF that had bronchitas or sinus probems there whole life and now that doctors are starting to become aware of the connection - it turns out these adults have CF - but not the typical CF that one thinks of.  Good luck