Dogs Community
Cushings Disease?? Other options?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cushings Disease?? Other options?

Hi,

I have a 7 yr old yorkie who I am concerned about but I'm not sure if I have just been googling too much :)

She currently weighs 8.5 down from 9.5 recently and 10 overall. We have been adament about her diet because she has a belly. Since this, she has been ravenous for food, hyperactive, and her belly seems to have maybe gotten bigger or just everything else us getting smaller. I'm worried about cushings. She has always had a pot-bellied look, but it seems worse (could be since I've been reading about it). She had blood work Nov 21 '08 everything normal but a high pancreas count (220), her liver and values were normal she has had this before and this was when we decided to get hardcore about her diet.

We are out of town for 3 weeks, should i take her to a vet here? Can cushings develop in 6 months from normal labs? It could be behavioral l, I'm not nervous reading the info about Cushings. The appetite, and potbelly are her only symptoms matching cushings. But, could they could potentially be explained by the diet? Only on setinal, no problems  other than struggling with her weight for 4 years.

Anything else it could be?
Thank you!

Thank you!!    

Tags: cushings, diabetis, Pregnancy
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Supposed to say I got nervous! Sorry
Blank
793908_tn?1294708709
Hi Sean...Of course your worried. Thats your baby. Cushings can & does develop in weeks to months to years after a negative reading. Please watch that Pancreas level..that can be trouble. My baby Poodle had severe Pancreatitis...a total shock to us.
We almost lost her..she was hospitalized for 4 days. She did recover.
They told me to check her for Cushings too. I did.

My Julie does have Cushings. I am treating her with Trilostane. She may have possible Kidney Diaease..I pray not, that may just be from Cushings & not Kidneys. We'll know when Julie levels out..eventually. Here were/are her symptoms..
extreme thirst, so extremely hungry all the time, pot belly, (she looked like that for 2 years & got negative to Cushings tests..now it's positive), urinating way too much..outside thank God, panting at times, her hair wouldn't grow back after I groomed her, now it's growing alot..maybe her meds are starting to work. I hope.

I suggest you read my Journal & everything that i posted. It may help you. I hope.

Please don't panic.. unless your Yorkie is sick, don't take her to a Vet & ruin your trip.
If she has Cushings or anything else..it can wait untill you get home...as long as she is not sick.  

One suggestion...I give Julie low fat or fat free cream cheese, cottage cheese between meals,  & fresh cooked diced up yams as treats.  She gained 1 1/2 lbs in a year.
I must be careful. No more junk food or from the table anymore. I sometime give her boiled chicken diced up as a treat.

Good luck & enjoy your trip. Keep us posted here.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dogs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...