Dogs Community
my loving pet

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

my loving pet

my dog alexi just started a few days ago sleeping and I have to carry him outside to make.  He is 13 years old and he is a Cavalier King  Charles.  Today he does not want to eat.  He cannot stand up without help, and when he wakes up he looks around like he cannot see. When he is out he will  not see where he is going.  Please give me some advice I love him.  Molly
First, I want to say that I can tell you are a wonderful, loving pet parent.

I really think you need to take Alexi to your vet.  If he is not eating or drinking, he needs to be seen.  I know you love him and do not want him to be in any pain.  Just try to keep him comfortable tonight and see if you can get him in right away tomorrow.  

There are a few things you can do to keep him comfortable tonight.  Offer him a small amount of his favorite food from your hand (cook him up some hamburger if he will not eat dog food - just to get something in him...and to make him happy!) and try to get him to take a few drinks from a bowl that you hold in front of him.  If it is too hard on him and you to carry him outside, put down some of those pads or newspaper and just clean up after him when he does his business.

More than anything, keep close physical contact with Alexi...it will make BOTH of you happier and more comfortable.

I am not sure what your vet will recommend, but I will be praying for you and Alexi.  Please drop me a note anytime if you would like to talk.  My Black Lab, Sunny, will be 13 yrs next month and is now completely deaf and sleeps about 20 hours a day.  We do all that we can to make each day as happy as it can be for her, as I am sure you do for Alexi.

With love and blessings,
Stacie
Molly, We on a public forum cannot even begin to suggest what might be wrong w/him.....Since you state that this has already been a few days & you love him, You need to get your guy to his Vet, TODAY! He sounds very ill & you do not want to let him suffer.......There are many things that can cause these symptoms, but only a professional (Vet) will be able to help him.....Make the call now, before the office starts closing...I do hope you can save him! Please, let us know......Karla