Dogs Community
what should I do about the small round lumps in my dogs stomach?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

Hi, my dog has a few round lupms around her nipples under her skin. They are really small. The biggest one is smaller than a garbanzo bean. I saw it 5 months ago. I did 2 sonograms. I did the second one after a month. There was no grow in her mamary glands in the second sonogram. I also did a radiology and there was noth wrong. But I feel its a little bigger now. It was like a lentis before and now as I said its smaller than a garbanzo bean. I have taken her to the best drs and surgeons in my city.They got surprised about how I notcied these small lupms beacuse they (except the biggest one) cant be seen without touching. I'm so worried about her. She is 8/5 years old never mating(she doesnt like the other dogs)  . One of the doctors said to pull out all the lupms plus an ovaryhistectomy. The other said an ovary histectomy plus the lower  lumps ( including the big one). The third said she needs to do an ovaryhistectomy becuase she may face some related problems in the future but about the lumps he added they are nothing to worry. Then he said to me do a biopcy becuase yuo seem to be worried about her. She has never done any surgery before.
Please tell me what to do. Im so confused and I really cant sleep well at nights. I love her and I want to make the best decision for her.
I also noticed, very, very small lumps on my little girl's belly, smaller than yours, also only to be felt by hand, and not seen. I went to the doctor and they said it is probably nothing, but let's get them out anyway, to avoid future risks. It turned out it was melanoma malignant... I don't want to alarm you, it could go either way, but you should check them out...
If she is  not spay, and due to her age, there is a higher chance she "could" get cancer.  
No matter the age, if I see or feel a suspicious lump, I at least have an aspiration biopsy done.
I felt a very small lump in our Greyhound's throat (couldn't see it yet).  Took him right into the Vet and had it aspirated. He had Lymphoma.
I am glad you noticed these and are seeking advice. It is a good idea for every pet owner to go over their dogs to check for anything that might be suspicious.
If the Vet thinks she is in good enough health to be spay, I would have it all done at the same time.  But, make sure she is checked out well physically and a full blood panel is done before any surgery.  
If your vets are telling you she needs surgery, then maybe you should have it done.  I was a vet tech for 8 years.  Dogs that are not elderly take the anesthesia well, and wake up from it in a couple of hours.  She may need a collar (lampshade style) to keep her from licking the area.  But it does not sound like a bad idea to me.  Blessings - Blu