Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Have autonomic dysfunction an just found out I've been exposed to ...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Have autonomic dysfunction an just found out I've been exposed to hep c

I have autonomic dysfunction yet the doctor never directly determined the exact type in general. I have had this for years, and I just found out I have been repeatedly exposed to hep c infection for a fact, meaning i am going to have it. I was wondering if anyone had any type or knowledge how contracting hep c will affect my autonomic dysfunction? Or if it's known at all that contracting hep c when I have this condition will cause me to me sensitive to it/ it harm my body faster then it would if i didn't have a.d?
612876_tn?1355518095
First things first: you need to go get tested for hepatitis! You can't be 100% sure you have it until you see a doctor.

As far as what this means in relation to dysautonomia, any infection is likely to cause dysautonomia symptoms to flare up; also people with dysautonomia tend to take a bit longer to "bounce back" from infections. Just make sure you tell the doctor that you were diagnosed with autonomic dysfunction so they can take your history into account.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank