Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
POTS and autoantibody testing
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POTS and autoantibody testing

A study came out earlier this year showing a connection between autoantibodies and pots.  http://www.dysautonomiainternational.org/blog/wordpress/new-evidence-of-autoimmunity-in-pots/
At this point, this testing is not available outside of research.  However, researchers hope that additional research will lead to new treatments for POTS.  Other sources (including Richard Horowitz) have advocated testing for antiganglioside antibodies with POTS.  Does anyone have any information or experience about having this done?
Blank
612876_tn?1355518095
I'm friends with the people in Dysautonomia International who are working on this initiative. Your best bet is to contact them for more information. I see you already are aware of their website.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
612876_tn?1355518095
I'm friends with the people in Dysautonomia International who are working on this initiative. Your best bet is to contact them for more information. I see you already are aware of their website.
Blank
Thanks for your reply.  I will try contacting them.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...