Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Vagus Nerve Disorder Treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Vagus Nerve Disorder Treatment

I am having the following symptoms.  Racing heart, drop in blood pressure, faintness, cold clammy skin.  I can't swallow and have a hard time breathing.  The symptoms last less that 15 seconds, then I belch and start to feel better.  This scares me as I have had these attacks while driving and I had to pull over as I felt that I was going to black out.  It certainly leads me to believe that I have a Vagus Nerve Disorder from what I have read.  What is the treatment?
From my experience, if you want a proper diagnosis you need to get a tilt table test done. It could indeed be a form of dysautonomia, It took me a whole year after the illness first began to even get a diagnosis only because lack of information and bad doctors... Those symptoms you have resemble dysautonomia already but you might only have it mild right now. I'd recommend at least drinking a few liters of water and eating some salty foods for now, but yeah see if you can get an appointment for the test.

If you do get diagnosed with a form of dysautonomia all I can say is it's a shame that another person has to suffer of the WORSE illness, it took my life away but even till now I still haven't given up in trying to find a treatment.