A sort of lump on neck hairline.
Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if you could help -I'm so worried.... I seem to have a soft lump round the back of my neck, its on my hairline near my ear. I nreally don't know what it could be? Its small and soft and sticks out at bit when I bend my neck but when I sit straight it seems to go? When I flex my neck I can sort of press it...!! I recently dyed my hair about 2 days ago and was wondering if it is some sort of allergic reaction.

I'm just really really worried as I'm 23 and had a friend, my age, die of cancer last year.I keep getting over worried and thinking its going to happen to me, don't know if I'm just overreacting but it seems to be, that wherever you look on the internet on health pages its all about any little thing being cancer and its really panicked me.
I keep thinking that the squishy lump will probably go in a few days but I'm worrying about it so much that I am not sleeping.....

Thanks for your help

PInk
Don't worry too much, it sounds like an inflamed lymph node.  Same thing happened to me once, it was about an inch in diameter though, and I went to the doctor.  There wasn't much I could do, and it eventually went away.  Good luck!