Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Aching pain between molars
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Aching pain between molars

I have terrible aching and throbbing pain between two of my molars. I have never had pain before but I noticed that when I would floss rather vigorously (and not as carefully as I should, I can get a bit aggressive when it comes to flossing.) after some time that area would start to hurt. The more I flossed the more pain I had. But the pain would subside about a minute after flossing, so I didn't think much of it, and continued flossing. (Note: I haven't just started flossing either. I have been flossing every day for about two years now so my teeth should be used to it).

But yesterday that region began to ache even when I wasn't flossing and now it won't quit. I guess it's possible that there is a cavity between my teeth but my dentists JUST saw me a week ago and said everything looked fine. So I'm starting to believe it might be inflamed gums. It also doesn't help that I continue to mess with it :) I have an appointment with my dentist for tomorrow but I'm rather nervous about the outcome and I don't have a ton of money to spend since I just spent it on my last dental checkup a week ago. I have no sensitivity to cold or hot, in fact I had some warm green tea and it seems to soothe the pain a bit. I have tapped my teeth and they don't hurt. I'm starting to think it's my gums but I wasn't sure if anyone else has had this issue. Can you actually injury your gums this badly from flossing? Could this be a sinus related issue even though it's only two of my teeth and not one side of my mouth and/or jaw? I have sinus polyps that are getting pretty bad and wondered if this could also be the issue. Thanks!