Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Always feel like something is stuck in my throat?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Viewing 201-202 comments:
I did not have this problem until I had eaten an apple.
please can u tell me is this problem sorted now and what did u do to cure it im in misery here with a similar problem my names kim thanks
Help!! I am coughing up alot of white phlem and a rubber plastic like substance started about 3 months ago and i have also been having night sweats every night for about a year and for the past two weeks or so at night my feet become ice i mean cold to thepoint i made hot water ice water in a minute or two and tightness in my calfs as well. Someone please help
I too am riddled with the psychosomatic catastrophes of anxiety. Once I start thinking about my throat, it viscously escalates into a panic attack. My throat feels as if it's CONSTANTLY dry. If you don't see me carrying a bottle of water, than assume I'm panicking and desperately searching for the nearest vending machine to offer me fluids. Even though it doesn't alleviate the dryness, it helps to at least swallow something wet. This problem has been consistently worsening over the past four years. The lump is directly in the middle of my throat at the bottom. I can't tell if my throat feels so dry that its causing me to believe there is a lump there, or if there is a lump that causes the dryness in my throat. Every night for the past three months I am forced to take a Xanax to relax myself, which only leaves me reliant on a drug to help calm my fears. I do not want to be dependent on a drug to live my life without fear. I feel as if I am going crazy. Depressed because I worry so much about breathing and swallowing. Will I choke? What if this obstruction is real? Jesus, what if its not? How on earth am I capable of doing this to myself? I've had TSH levels checked, tonsils removed at age of 3 (I'm now 32), MRI, endoscopy with dilitation, antibiotics, nasal sprays, antacids, cat scans, scopes through the nose, etc. all to no prevail. I honestly can relate to those who have said they sometimes would rather know there is "something" than nothing. Constant dr visits, undying frustration. I'm losing my patience. I'm becoming bitter. Riddled with anxiety. Every day is a battle lately and I cannot function. It is literally consuming my every thought and making me a miserable person. I don't even want to be around myself, so why would anyone else. I have another ENT appt next week and he has suggested biopsying my throat? I am so tired of this feeling, I've honestly prayed so hard for relief and it has yet to come. I don't sleep well, I'm trying holistic health alternatives but even they are not working. I am sorry to hear that other people have to experience this type of pain/torture, but in a way, it is a relief to know we aren't alone. There is a cause to these problems, and if we collaborate our experiences with one another, perhaps a few of us can find relief. Has anyone tried the Vicks on the neck muscles? I'm interested in anything that doesn't involve adding a drug to my regimen. Decreasing dairy? Decreasing acids? I don't have reflux, my endoscopy revealed no irritation. Nothing. Humidifiers work? Certain drinks help with the dry feeling? Any suggestions are worth trying, please.
Well i have the same problem. ENT told me i have GERD. I dont think i do. i think it has something to do with my left tonsile. I on the other hand have dizziness and headache. i hope you guys arent because it feels terrible. One suggestions, if your throat is bothering you severally, then buy some ginger cut it up into little pieces. put it in your mouth and let it desolve. this helps. i do it all day. make sure you don't chew it...
Hi Matt,

Did you ever get this sorted? The thing is I also feel as though I have something stuck in my throat, but even weirder, I too have a dull pain to the left of my sternum. Please tell me it was nothing sinister!

Many Thanks
What most of you have described sounds exactly like what I have. I've just noticed it today. I was eating Ramen Noodles and while drinking some of the broth it felt as if I got a small noodle stuck in the left side of my throat. I drank some water thinking it would go away, but it didn't. I was getting worried so I went to go look at it in the mirror and I saw a piece of skin that is attached to my left tonsil; it doesn't move and it doesn't hurt, just very uncomfortable. The funny thing is it just came out of no where. I'm thinking that something may have popped out of place in my tonsil, but now I'm not so sure after reading all of your comments. I really only feel it when I swallow, but I'm so paranoid that I can still feel it when I don't swallow. When I swallow I can see and feel it come out then I have to move my mouth in strange ways to put it back but it just comes back out as soon as I swallow again. Every time it comes out it makes me gag and I feel I might throw up. I'm going to go get it looked at but I'm not so sure if that's a good idea anymore.... Please Help!
2 years ago I developed the same problem -I thought it was due to the operations I have had on my back, because I have 13 herniated discs and 4 operated on, at different times. I have disc and joint degenerative disease.  I had all the tests you can imagine, X-rays, CAT scans, thyroid, acid reflux, heart tests, cancer tests, GERD tests, had the Barium swallow, scope stuck through my nose and down the throat, was told it was acid reflux. I had my gall bladder removed last year and thought it would get better and didn't. Cold liquids, certain foods and breathing excessive makes it worse. If i let my throat get dry it really feels like its sticking and when i go to swallow it hurts till my saliva moistens it. Still waiting for a diagnosis and relief.  I have noticed a tenderness just above my breast on the right side, that always feels bruised.Starting to think it might be something other than allergies or acid reflux.
You guys may be suffering from tonsil stones. It's caused by food and particles getting stuck in the crypts of your tonsils. They are nasty and smell awful. Tonsillectomy was my only solution. Ten days of awful pain, Post op but I don't regret doing the surgery.
Hi there,

How is your throat doing now?

The last time we spoke was Dec. 2012.  In the meantime I've had another injection into the Chrico muscle and consulted a Speech Pathologist who gave me some exercises to do and I had a modified barium swallow test that was abnormal:  test indicated that food gets stuck at epiglottis and in the middle of my chest.  Why?  don't know.  I still have to go back to the ENT doc but trying the exercises and just waiting it out for now.

I have been battling with these throat symptoms since beginning of 2010 and at least I am heading in some kind of a direction.

So, never give up hope.  I've also had a lot of ENT visits and procedures and operations to get where I am today.

All the best,
Just wonder what your diagnosis was in the end aa my husband has same symptoms. Blood test & chest X-ray came bk normal, now awaiting endoscopy. He's had thickly cough for couple mths, acid, v dry throat, some weight loss & also had some blood in phlegm & lots of mucus at back of throat. Worried about esophagus cancer! Know this is old thread but interested to know how u got on.
What is yr husbands situation now?
I have the same general problem. My throat feels like it's swelling on the inside and I feel like I can't breathe. It isn't very painful but I do worry about suffocation, especially at night when I'm asleep. My parents won't take me to the doctor and I've talked to many of the teachers at my school and even a paramedic that was on site (It all started when I got hit in the throat by a softball) and they all believe I could have shatter or fractured spinal plates in my throat. I have looked at many symptom sites and looked at diagrams of the throat to try to pinpoint the areas of pain and constriction but I have no luck. I was hit in the throat and more exactly I believe was my Addams Apple. I've been inclined to believe that maybe it's a nervous reaction, but I desperately need answers and possibly relief.
Hi all-- I am having a horrible time dealing with a thick feeling in the back of my throat.  Every time that I swallow it feels like I am swallowing a whole bunch of mucus that never really goes away...but every time I cough nothing comes up.  I get tickles in the back of my throat all day and cough such dry horrible coughs trying to help it come out but nothing works.  It seems to get worse shortly after I eat.  I get flutters in my throat and occasional pain, mostly on the right side.  I am not a smoker, now, but have quit for about 2 years now.  I have recently ( within the past year) been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, acid reflux, anxiety, and high blood pressure due to the anxiety.  I have been taking Prevacid for the reflux and it helps to an extent.  Something interesting that I found while perusing the internet is something called LPR- laryngopharengeal reflux (spelling??)  It is basically reflux of the sinus cavities caused by acid reflux and worsens with anxiety.  I do believe that this is what I might be suffering from.  However.....every remedy that they have suggested has not helped :(  Has anybody heard of LPR and what to do to help it????  Also, if you have these symptoms Google LPR- you might be surprised!
This feeling is so horrible to feel like you have something stuck in your throat.  I have had it for about 2 weeks now and taking Prilosec OTC over the counter is not helping.  Then yesterday it was so bad I had this horrible feeling like I had to burp and just couldn't.  I have had acid reflux and had the similar feeling in my throat a few years ago.  They did the scope and told me it was from ulcers and that was the feeling I felt in my throat.  I am hoping this is nothing major but sounds of things from what I have been reading It is the same thing.  I want to be normal again and people that experience this have no idea what we are talking about.  I am glad all of you have something in common with me and I don't feel alone.
hi! guys i also have the same situation its been two yrs now since i have this feeling, that something is stuck behind my tonsils. I smoke and drink too. I'm so worried and scared that i might have a serious illness or disease, so one day I visit my ENT doctor do some examine and found out that my tonsils has been attack by infections the surface of my tonsils are  like the crater of the moon. So he prescribed some anti bio-tic for a week. but still theres this feeling something is stuck in the back of my tonsil sometimes on the right or left. I will wait for your reply guys hope you can help me..
Hi there,

I have been battling with ENT issues since 2009:  that all to familiar "something is stuck in my throat" feeling as well as changes in my voice and chronic sore throat.  To cut a really long story short:  I was diagnosed with severe acid-reflux/GERD (even though I never had the sensation of heartburn!) and even have pre-cancerous tissue at the bottom of my Oesophagus from this.  I had my anti-reflux surgery but the ENT symptoms persisted.

I was then diagnosed with:  Chricopharengeal muscle dysfunction due to severe reflux.  I have never even smoked, so imagine how bad it would have been for me if I did.

Smoking will definitely make any health issue worse and you should really quit.
Thank you so much for the advise, yah! I already quit smoking its been 2days now after reading all the comments I value my life even more. I hope your okay now?
what did the doctor advise you.. are you still having that feeling on your throat?
is really irritating I drink a lot of water just to flush it out but its still there even my doctor don't know what is it..  the ENT doctor suggest to remove my tonsils but im still thinking about it.....
Hi there,

Congrats on making the decision to quit smoking!  I know it is not going to be easy (I am a choco-holic and if anyone asked me to quit eating choccies I would not be able to do it).  Just persist and you'll have a longer and healthier future.

I had my tonsils removed when I was 29 and I had chronic problems with tonsillitis and it is no joke to remove it when you're an adult, but I am glad I did.

If you get tonsillitis more than 3-4 times a year, you should get it removed.  That will already improve your symptoms.

The treatment for the Chrico muscle dysfunction is medication (Endep and Diazapam - to relax the muscle) but that did not help and then I had a dilation of my Oesophagus and that gave me temp relief and I also had botillium injections into the muscle and 90% of my symptoms improved, but it only lasts 2 months and it is a very painful and uncomfortable procedure and I am not going to do it again.  And last resort is surgery - Myotomy, but it is to risky and I will not agree to it.

The food that gets stuck:  you need modified barium swallow to see what type of food gives you symptoms.  This test is done at a Radiologist with a Speech Pathologist and ENT that reviews it.
I have scleroderma and lately I have had the same problem. Its not that painful but its always there that feeling at the back of my throat. I can't get it to go away no matter what I tried. I have had it for three weeks and I'm scared.
I seem to have the same exact problem like you !! Can I know what happened to you ?? Did you see a doctor? What was the problem?
Hi there,
Did you find a treatment for Cricopharyngeus Spasm? Because I am 90% sure that is what my problem now.
Re: Constant phlegm / nasopharynx area
I had the feeling something was lodged in my nasopharynx for about a week, but prior to that, I had the thick mucous plugs that I just couldn't seem to either spit up or swallow--for probably a year.

I tried everything, neti pot, antihistamines, throat lozenges, gargling--then came the medications--albuterol inhaler (for asthma like problem that developed), dulera (corticosteroid), topamax (migraines), hydrocortisone (I was given a "magic mouthwash" that had this in it), lidocaine---NOTHING WORKED. In fact, I began having the most horrendous panic attacks in the middle of the night, I was afraid of going to sleep. THAT brings about a vicious cycle all it's own (fatigue).

Turns out, after much distress, ENTs (inner ear infections, tinnitus, esophagitis, constant fluid in my ears, dizziness, migraines, tooth/facial pain, sinusitis, asthma like symptoms, gagging)---lump in my throat, began to have the burning behind my sternum (which felt more like pressure, not burning), absolutely no way to get rid of the mucus plugs I could "feel" in the back of my throat and up into my sinuses---

It's something called "Silent Reflux" or laryngopharyngeal reflux. It is NOT the same as GERD--as GERD is confined to your esophagus--and you have that typical heartburn or knot behind your sternum. What happens is that the acid from your stomach (usually from sleeping flat and having structural/motility problems in your esophagus) is washed up into the back of your throat, into your eustachian tubes, up into your sinuses and even INTO YOUR LUNGS. The epithelium in these passages is VERY DIFFERENT than in your esophagus. You are literally burning the lining off of all of the delicate surfaces in there---and you can damage your ears/hearing permanently by the acid going into your auditory tubes.

Try this and see if anything changes. Put a wedge or a few cases of canned goods under the head of your bed--maybe just put blocks under the feet of the frame at the head--make sure it's up a good 6-8". PILLOWS DO NOT WORK. This is about GRAVITY. Don't get sucked into the "gerd pillows". GET A WEDGE UNDER THE MATTRESS and make an INCLINE.

In the a.m. start on some type of proton pump inhibitor--Prilosec or one of the OTC types. This usually is a 14 day regimen.

Look at your meds. Some effect the tone of the smooth muscle of the esophagus--like topomax (topamax) does. Get off of them if you can.

Don't eat after 6 p.m.--and if you do, DO NOT LIE DOWN for at least 30 minutes post meal.

Watch your intake of acidic foods--I went no acid completely at first and have been adding small amounts of things I really like--but for the most part--watch the caffeine, tea, citrus fruits, spicy foods.

Until you find out what may have caused the motility or structure problem in your esophagus--remember all of that acid (hydrochloric acid is what resides in your stomach) as well as anything you eat is coming back up when you are horizontal.

The reason you (and I) still feel it in the daytime is because the lining is damaged--reddened, but not infected. You're bathing all of your sinuses, inner ear, lungs and mouth with hydrochloric acid. The mucus is a defense mechanism--your body trying like hell to protect your delicate passages from the acid.

Use your nasal washes if you like, but after the first 2 days of this routine, the fluid in my ears drained (the acid reflux at night literally goes into your eustachian tubes), the back of my throat began to heal, the knot in my chest began to dissipate, no more headache...and I could swallow. NO MORE MUCOUS FORMATION.

Look up the term Laryngopharyngeal Reflux--and you will see that the misdiagnosis is because an ENT doesn't cover that, a GI guy doesn't cover that, a Pulmonologist doesn't cover that. There is actually a new field emerging to deal with this problem.

Good luck.
what you need to do is get your doctor to refer you to a nose , ear throat specialist.
I have been experience something similar .
My problem is it all started back in September 2013. For about 2-3 weeks I felt like something was stuck in my throat, one day it would feel like there was something stuck on the left side of my throat and then other times feel like the lower part of my throat, it moved up and down or stayed in one spot. After 2-3 weeks I woke up one day  and was sick as a dog, My thighs killed, hard to walk. Throat burned like hot water was poured down it, headache, fever, had no voice. I went to the clinic and they determined that it was tonsillitis and gave me medication. Now they didn't do a swab or anything just looked in my throat said "yes you have tonsillitis". They gave me amoxicillin and was on it for 10 days. I thought to myself great this has been the problem the whole time, finally I can get some relief.
Well after I took the pills for those 10 days the symptoms were gone and stayed away for about a month and then out of nowhere the throat sensation was back. I have it gone away and come back 4 times since September and now its January.  NOW I DONT GET ANY PAIN WHATS SO EVER , when I had tonsillitis that was the only time out of the 4 times of having this sensation.
I find when I wake up in the morning it could feel like nothing is there, then all it takes is me drinking a coffee with cream and sugar and then boom back and stays for the rest of the day. Now  just the last couple of days I have had heartburn bad.
its the strangest thing I have ever experience and I would never want anyone to go through this ever. It doesn't help when you don't know what is wrong with you and you have no symptoms of anything that goes along with the "something stuck in the throat sensation"
Not happy but glad to see some of you who experience what I do. No we are not crazy.
I don't believe what I have is cancer, yes it ran through my mind more than once, but it doesn't add up.
I have no cough, no fever, no sore throat, I breathe fine, no aches and pains, no discoloration in urine,I feel absolutely fine.

BEST BET FOR ANYONE, TELL YOUR DOCTOR YOU WANT TO BE REFERRED TO A SPECIALIST! IT DOESNT COST THEM ANYTHING, JUST DEMAND IT~
TOMORROW I AM DOING JUST THAT WHEN I HAVE MY DOCTORS APPOINTMENT.

well I hope you all can find out what you are going through and hopefully everything goes alright with getting answers.
take care
sarah

take care
sarah

take care
sarah

take care
sarah
I DIDNT MEAN TO POST IT THAT MANY TIMES.
I WASNT SEEING WHAT I HAD POST, SORRY ABOUT THAT EVERYONE
Hi gang...
This is hard to believe this thread has gone on this long. I have had this irritating lump feeling in my lower throat BELOW the adams apple now for 10 years and it gets worse every year.
It used to be I got small food particles stuck in it for days. Now I can loose a whole gummy bear or a large pill there and it just sits there till it dissolves.
Everyone I talk to thinks I am nuts! (Those get stuck also.) Rarely I am able to have a odd cough and the food item actually flies up my throat, but usually goes into my sinus nose cavity and hurts like hell there. Rarer yet, it comes out my mouth.
So I know several things.
1. This is not a muscle spasm issue.
2. The food actually comes out from time to time and then I feel nothing is there, be cause it moved out.
3. Today, I get part of ALL my food stuck there.
4. This is a very real condition, and not in my head or from over excitement.  
5. Seems to low for me to be related to my tonsils that seem much higher and do not bother me.
6. I can not clear out the obstruction on my own reliably in any way. The food just sits there and rots, giving me bad breath and I am constantly trying to clear it out causing more irritation.
7. This clearly is a "hole" or a pouch of some kind to be able to hold a large  pill or accidentally swallowed hole gummy bear.
8. Nobody is taking this serious as far as the Docs go. I am trying to get a scope, but am being referred instead yet again.
9. When I get a cold, I can about swell up and not be able to breathe, and I actually make raspy noises when I do from constriction.
10. Like many others here, I have concerns over long term issues like cancer and other complications from the rotting food always stuck in the same spot. Drinking water does nothing to clear it. Other food goes right on by. No problem swallowing, I just keep getting things stuck in a certain spot and can not clear it out on my own.
11. This bothers me now 24/7 and only let's up when I quit eating for several days, and the food that was there rots or dissolves away. Once I eat anything again, it get stuck all over again.

HELP any body who got better? Heck of a run around with the Docs.

Can ANYBODY give me an idea what the heck is getting worse for me here? Again, this has gone on for some 10 years and is worse each year. I am almost 50 now.

I will continue to read these posts, hoping I can find someone like me actually got better and how they did it.
This is my second day of having this feeling of having something stuck in my throat. Like I have swallowed a pill and it didn't go down right got stuck at the bottom of my throat. The discomfort was felt all the back to my cervical spine. I do have whiplash and damage from car accident. It does make food and beverages more difficult to swallow. I find I want to drink warm beverages. I have been sick with the flu for a week almost two and had chest and sinus congestion and all the phlegm and drainage that goes along , a terrible hacking cough and fever, and fullness in my ears. The weather got dry and my cough has not been productive and it all got very dry in there and I thought maybe that was part of it too cuz I think I feel better after a steamy shower.

I started feeling this sensation after eating. I was trying to eat fast and read to my daughter so I thought I swallowed something wrong. My throat is already torn up from all the coughing.  And all the horrible hacking could have misaligned my vertebres.  It does almost feel like a pocket. I get little burps when it get more uncomfortable. I have been treating myself with herbals. Stress? Possibly. Anxiety? No. Depression though, yes.

It doesn't seem like anyone has gotten any answers. That's terrible! I hope people start finding relief!  I hope doctors start listening and looking!

As for me, I will keep steaming and drinking lots fluids. Stretch and get some more exercise as I feel better. I'm going to watch the herbals and try to keep the stress at bay and maybe do some massage. I wish everyone well and answers and relief.
I've started practising Kundalini yoga last week and few days after developed this problem. Not sure whether it is yoga symptoms or new blood pressure medicine not agreeing with food I eat and causing symptoms of feeling like food is coming back up and staying.
Looking at possible side effect of practising this type of (powerful) yoga I came across this bit. I've done one meditation (it comfortably,straight back, close eyes and chant the words that produce vibration in your throat) already feels better (but still there) as it seams to clear the airways. Hope it helps.
Throat Meditation
Sit in Easy pose with the hands in gyan mudra (index touching the thumbs). Straighten the spine, drop the shoulders and tuck the chin in slightly to create neck lock.
Chant “Humee Hum Brahm Hum” without using the tip of the tongue at all. Use only the root of the tongue to chant. Chant for 11 minutes.
Will this help if you can only consume food or drink through feeding tube? I had tongue cancer 207. Just had test and am cancer free. My mouth and throat went through extensive radiation and is very dry. Thick mucus gathers in my throat and is getting harder to hack out.  Have ask several doctors and don't seem to get any answers.  Thanks
Hi I am going to try this I hope to god it works
I am MISERABLE..   mine has only been going on less than five weeks.   Mine not only is the feeling in my throat, but I have the feeling in the right upper side of my chest that something didn't go down also...   I NEVER goes away..   There are times that it is a little better, but it is NEVER gone.  A burp makes it a little better, but not much.  I was put on Protonix  several months ago because after an asthma attack that placed me in the hospital, I continued to cough.   They were concerned that I may have some Reflux.   Well if I did I didn't realize I had it that bad.   NOW THIS...Someone have any new help..
ok i have th same but mu lump in throat comes with heavy chest and stroke like symptoms that come and go --I have rushed to the hospital 3 times in 3 weeks thinks i am having a heart attack or stroke --all tests normal --they say I have nuerological response to toxins i was exposed to and the pill feeling in throat is anxiety ---never had reaction to bug spray before --I think I am going crazy that the mind can do all this --does anyone else have this ? numbing face and arms ? heavy chest and pill in throat feeling ? I was diagnosed 20 years ago with complex migrane (migraine) but this is way different and wont go away --its been 31/2 weeks --could it be reaction to bug spray ?
Hi all,

I've been reading all your comments and wow relieved that you guys have a place to talk about this.

I'm 31 Year old boy. 5 years ago I started having severe tonsils infections. 22 tonsillitis in a years. So after 2 years I asked the doctor to test me for everything STD's CANCER etc,  all results came negative. So I told the doc to refer me to a specialist to get them removed. Once removed, which it's been 3 years. I have been having the feeling stuck in my throat right below the adam's apple.  Doctor told me that it was post nasal drip ( tried the medication and nothing). Then it was acid reflux ( tried the medication and nothing) then it was allergies ( did all the allergy test and nothing ).  Then a couple days ago I went to the dentist and she told me that I have some little mass in my lower inner lip that I have to go and get checked out. I'm freaking out!!! LOL, Meanwhile I was doing some research online and I found 3 possible problems. 1. I have Oral Cancer?  2. It's my thyroid or 3. It's all in my head...

I'm soo stressed out.

thx for letting me write this
I have all the problems. Its started with tendinitis 10 months ago which have now developed to acute Carpal Tunnel. The doc wont do anything before an MRI scheduled on 17th September 2014. 2 weeks ago after dinner i felt this chocking feeling and though i tried i could not get sick. Something is stuck on my throat on the left and it causes constant belching but the air is left trapped inside my throat and the belching act does not complete. yesterday the doc put me on Tecta for GERD and it does not help. I am so uncomfortable i am going out of my mind
what was the muscle relaxer called?
2 months ago a fish bone was stuck in my throat which was taken out by ENT specialist. I had a comfortable month afterwards but started to have same feeling "somethin stuck" and hence visited the same doctor. He prescribed some medicines saying its only throat infection.. It was recovered apparently but as soon as I stopped consuming those medicines I often get such feeling. I have noticed if my throat is dry, the feeling become intense. I have no problem in eating / digesting anything and there's no pain, just a feeling that there's something at the end of tongue on left side of throat.. Couldn't figure-out the reason yet.

Faisal
Good day all,

I have similar thing as well.. A month ago I was working in my office as per usual, I drink coffee and a chocolate brownie.. It was not more than 15min when I felt like I am loosing breath, tried drinking water and nothing helped.. I then rushed to a nearby hospital (on my way there I was very weak and felt like I was gonna pass out, stopped at a garage and got something to drink).

Arrived at the hospital was checked over night and Dr count not see anything wrong with me..

4 days later, I had to go back to a Dr again.. I wanted to vomit and struggled to breath again. Dr said I had Abdominal Infection gave me some medication to neutralise the stomach acid.

Now what is left is something stuck on my lower throat (sometimes it moves up). It feels so weird: No pain just that when I eat or drink sometimes it feels like I am gonna chock. To cope with this I need to keep on burping.. It has been 4 weeks now and still feel it. I decided to self medicate and I came across this site.

I tried some suggestion of massaging the throat (which I found on this site) reluctantly so! but its amazing! it gives some temporary relief.. I am going to get the vics vaipo rub and see what happens.. So far I think I am getting help from this site...

Maybe it works for someone else out there.. try it and see!
I been having the throat such symptoms for about 4 months now, initially felt like losing my voice, horessness and losing my lower vocals(still feels like I can't get my lower vocals back). Initially started like a sore throat so I took lozenges which did not help, did not think much about it as I was traveling at the time.

When I got back from travels I was eating biscuits at the office and notice the plastic tray holding the biscuits were disintegrating and realized I had a tiny plastic on my lips.... At which point I felt like I was choking and lack of breath. Rushed to the nearest go around the corner to get checked out by the nurse and they could only see some redness at the back of my throat - says if anything it would have passed through and just grazed is what I could be feeling. Dr was fully booked off course.

Later next day I still was unsure and any to the another gp, for second opinion, and also ED/ER for third opinion. All day the same thing and then referred me to an ENT. Somewhere along the lines GP also cultured post nasal drip(visible but culture was neg), uvular is very long at this stage. And go prescribed reflux meds saying silent reflux can cause throat stuck like symptoms with no heart burns.

Went to ENT and described my event, used the optic to look down my throat and says can't see anything obvious but generally throat does not appear normal. ENT did blood works and also checked for thyroid, neg. ENT booked me in for a larascopy and look down my voice box, where they took biopsy of tissues around there, throat and tongue - all tests were neg for anything nasty.

ENT palms it off as nothing and probably neurological related, since I mentioned I feel like food needs to be pushed down with water when I eat, or i feel like forcing myself to burp so I know my throat/esophagus is clear.

Since all this, I am more concerned if I have to swollow pills as often enough it feels like it gets stuck until it dissolves in the throat. The entire feeling is like the throat is narrowing and what feels like something such could be the feeling of the uvulu dangling??? All my life I never noticed my uvulu to dangle so much unless I had a sore throat, which now is constant...

I went on a business trip last month to Malaysia, where I was there for 2 weeks, my entire time there I felt so much better in that my throat problems felt like they subsided! Gained more weight as I could east more, and comfortably... When I got back home to Australia, the throat issues started to come back!  I just don't get it, is it allergies related or what! I just can't eat normally anymore and I take double the time to eat compared to anyone else.

I know my right tonsils look a little bigger and the pocket looks more obvious. I'm someone who all my life have no obvious appearance of tonsils in the mouth, so the tonsils look new to me... Could it be tonsils causing all this????
Forgot to mention, the feeling of something stuck for me is much less when laying down....

Who thinks were not taken serious enough by the drs and specialist? The amount of I have researched I've done on the throat anotomy, I could be my own ENT - just give me the tools so I can work on my own throat.

It almost feels like get a baby bottle brush and shoving it down the throat a few times for a clean.
Actually I started having numbing left side of face, left arm and warm left good sensation early this year 2014.. Dr ignored, so did I. Those all went away I guess, but lately been having a lot of twitches throughout the body. Now this stuck in throat feeling... And forcing myself to burp during a meal can be difficult, almost like I need go quickclte gulp a glass of water to bring the food down the pipes.
Exactly that, wake up you think great its gone.... Till you have a drink or coffee, then its back!

I too think its is tonsils... I never had them before and now I can see them clearly in my mouth!  Dr said their not big, but their new to my mouth!

Because of this, my upper neck glands feel like their the size of grapes - which by my books means tonsils!

How does one walk into a Dr and demands for tonsils to be removed?  I raised it with my ENT, though she also says my tonsils look OK, is not obstructing...  And when she looked down my throat, said could not see anything..  Bloody lazy specialists. She even said its likely neurological!

Overall, I think the tonsils are tricking our system/neck region.
i habe the same prob what to do please
Hi Everyone,

I'm CW, and I've had similar experiences, as well as my sister before me.  Although everyone experiences are different I've come to see that Thyroid issues may be the problem.  That was the problem for my sister and unfortunately, now, that is the problem for me.  Even though we had similar symptoms there were some differences too.  Hers was rapid coughing and mines was a lump in the throat. The lump is an enlarged thyroid or goiter.

Has anyone had an ultrasound or CT of their throat {where they rub gel on it)?
I've suffered with this my entire life. I have allergies. I'm 47 I've always thought in was my adenoids (adenoids). But I fight with they doc about sinus infections, Gerd, just overwhelmed with phlegm.
I noticed this about 2 months ago.  Started spitting blood, very little coming from nose.  Then noticed I am constantly clearing my throat and as if something is stuck in back.  I've tried doing that thing guys do to get whatever is stuck out, but to no avail.  At night I feel drainage so I get up and spit blood.  Sometimes cough up mucus clots.  I have no tonsils, went to ENT and had that scope inserted through nose.  Was given a Rx for acid reflux but also told if it doesn't go away in 6 wks, will have to go to Gastro, dr.  BTW, I still feel like drainage so I get up and spit out blood.  No other problems like fatigue, weight loss, etc.  Just very annoying.  I've noticed my voice is a little raspy at times too.  I have an appointment 1/26/15.  Hopefully nothing serious.
try fresh juice..celery and cucumber..kale optional...fresh fruit juice..orange pineapple.....get some good juice recipes off line.do enemas daily at night.
fast for at least 7 days.its hard..but yo can do it...fresh red grape juice is absolutely dynamite!...fresh watermelon juice...at the end of 7 days eat very little... a small salad and your juice then add maybe an apple and salad the next day take about 3 days to break the fast only adding small amounts of raw fruits and veggies. oh yeh...IT ABSOLUTELY MUST ALL BE CERTIFIED ORGANIC!  then just eat fruit and salads and raw veggies for a couple weeks...then do it again..only have to do the enamas when you fast! but absolute must you have to do the....gets rid of the toxins and your headaches and feelings of ill! I promise you this will make it all go away if you do it long enough. I had the exact same thing..this works!
Viewing 201-202 comments: