Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Attacks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Attacks

I keep getting extreme feelings that I am going to "pass out" or that I am "falling rapidly". I would not call it a dizzy spell. Normally these occur when I am in a stressed situation otten when standing but not always. I can go for weeks feeling fine; then it all starts again and lasts for three weeks or so before it disappears again. This has been going on for over a year now.

I call it an "attack" because it comes on without any warning and then afterwards leave me feeling unwell or "washed out". I have had blood tests, blood pressure tests, kidney and liver scans and an MRI scan but nothing is wrong with me. I have seen an ENT specialist and she has no ideas either apart from the suggestion that whilst it is not full blown Meniere's it may be a less common form. I have the traditional tablets for Menieres to take but they have no effect and given that my wife has Meniere and I know a little about it I feel fairly sure it is not "full blown meniere's".

I cannot find out what on earth is wrong and would like to know if anyone has any ideas or where I can read more about forms of Meniere's that are of a "rare" nature and is there such a thing?
From this point it doea not sound like MD. Usually their are more symtoms (symptoms) than occasional dizzy spells. Symptoms like, ear fullness, hearing fluctuating, low freq tinnitus....

I'd say if you feel that your ENT has done all he/she can, to go visit with a neurologist.