Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bad taste in my mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bad taste in my mouth

My question is for the past threee weeks i have had a bad taste in my mouth. it tastes bitter and i was wondering what could it be? I had dental work done and filled the cavities and thought it was that, but it isnt, it still there. Morning and noght i brush my teeth and the taste doesnt go away, I am afrais its something else, I know i have sinus problems but never had this, Please give me your suggestions.
Do you drink a lot of fluid that contains aspartame?  For instance Crystal Light, diet soda, etc?  I was having a TERRIBLE taste in my mouth for a long time.  I finally decided I thought it was from drinking too much beverages w/ aspartame (I don't know what made me think of this), so I stopped and only drank water.  The bad taste completely went away.  I quit drinking beverages w/ aspartame in it for about 2-3 weeks completely and now I drink it sparingly, like maybe 20 oz of a beverage w/ aspartame in it per day (or less), and the bad taste has not come back at all.