Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Blocked nose, ear and catarrh, driving me mad please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have one side of a blocked nose, sometimes it will unblock and the other side may block a little but mainly it is my left side. I have had it months now I noticed the other day too that my ear may be a little blocked as when I changed my headphone from one ear to the other it was more muffled. It feels like my tubes are blocked n sticky sounds weird. Mainly just the left side most the time. Im getting this horrible sticky bit at the back of my nose/throat (on the let side) that feels like it may drop down but doesn’t quite make it, I can taste it, it’s a bit metallic. Please can someone give me some advice. I have tried ocean sea salt spray, olbas oil in water, and trying to cut out milk n cheese out my diet but at the same time I need to have these as I think I am slightly anaemic (another problem I need to resolve) Any help would be so appreciated. Anyone had this? How did you get rid of it? Its driving me mad!!!

i am recovering from cocaine by the way but not touched for 5 months, this may be important to know :)
Tags: nose, blocked, sticky, catarhh
It's normal for the one nostril to be blocked at a time--that's part of the process whereas the nose cleans itself--but it sounds like you have chronic sinusitis on the left side.  The stuff you've tried would be useless against it.  A Neilmed Sinus Flush may work (get it at most drugstores), if the infection is in your maxillary or ethmoid sinuses.  You would have to do a Flip-Turn Sinus Flush to get it out of your sphenoid or frontal sinuses.  However, you may have some issues related to the cocaine use, so I would recommend going to an ENT after trying the Neilmed but before trying the flip-turn.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322
thanks for the info, i have booked a docs apoitnment but im also going to try that neilmed :)