Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Blood Clots in Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Blood Clots in Ear

I have a fun one... Since I was 12 i have been randomly developing blood clots in my right ear. One was removed when i was 14 but I've gotten others. Some are big, some are small, but they all hurt. Not constantly, but if I have a headache, my ear hurts, and if my ear hurts, i eventually will get a headache. I haven't been able to find a cause in 14 years. I'm worried as there are other symptoms related to the pain... sometimes my eye glares like the sun is on my monitor, i get really sensitive spots on my head, I twitch, and often my headaches are just on the one side. I have been to countless doctors and ENT specialists, ER rooms and no one has a bloody clue; in 14 years!!  Recently I found a doctor that actually takes me seriously. He looked at it and is stumped, but he's scheduling me for an MRI as he thinks it might be my vessels. Still waiting for the MRI but just glad to have someone who says okay, there's something not right here, instead of "you're just looking for attention". The only help I've gotten from other doctors(besides the one who took the first clot out) is anti-biotics, which never helped, even when I went back to the doctor to tell him that it didn't help, he pretty much gave up, didn't even refer me to a specialist.
Any other ideas?