Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Blood comming from nose and ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Blood comming from nose and ear

Hi All, My Girlfriend have blood clot in brain. Actually at starting the blood was coming out from the nose. She didn’t understand why it happens. Later it was again repeated with a serious headache. Then she released that the thing happens when ever she is in tension or in anger. She consulted with a doctor and they had taken testes and all. And told her that she have a blood clot in brain, also given some medicines to follow. And insisted her if the blood comes from ear means she must get admitted as soon as possible. After two weeks when she was at office in an urgent work, all the symptoms occur and the blood comes from ear. They rushed her to hospital. Doctors fixed the operation after a week. At present yesterday was her operation, 5 hours long. Her friend informed me that the Operation done well and she s sleeping. 2day they informed me that she s in ICU due to blood leak in the stitched area were the operated the skin. I am worried about her health. What is happening to her? She will be ok right? Does in future she will get any problems, any side effect? Sorry i explained everything ... i was little worried about her so only.. Can anyone reply? Kindly answer me.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. But, does she have a bleeding disorder? Because she has bleeding without any injuries. Also, was the surgery done for a hemangioma or for a blood clot? For the bleeding to stop, the cause for the bleeding needs to be treated.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted
Hi Dr.Anitha,

Happy to see your reply. Thanks for replying am just going fine, just encouraging her that nothing is serious. etc etc ok

Actually she had faced an injury when she was a child, she fell from running BUS. Her Back head was injured and they did some normal treatment. After that she had pain till the wound got cured. Then she never felt any disorder in Brain.Another thing is her next operation is after 2 months. now she s at home taking rest. Do any problem or side effect will come in future?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Good to see she is doing well. If the blood clot is due to the injury, then it's unlikely she is going to have any further bleeding episodes. Ensure to see she follows all the post op instructions meticulously and good luck to you both.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi Dr. Anitha...

Thank you for your reply.. Ya your Posting really helped me.. Thank you for you support.
I have to take more care on Her.She s little bit childish. Sometimes she avoid Food,Tablet and slept. Going out to nearby shop.i am unable to control. without my knowledge she s doing this.She have one and only grandma.that's the problem. her parents passed away at her childhood.

Ok OK i apologies again for explaining again..

I really thank you for your support.I will update the status of her health later. bye.
Hi doctor,

i would like to update the status of my GF,
Actually she is having repeated pain in head and ear too. while the pain exist the blood may come from nose or ear.She had Vomited Blood, she felt a very bad headache and pain in right ear too.

why this things happening again although the operation is over.
Her doctor insisted her not to think a lot. be calm. even though if she felt something in mind means she got pain and all. we all trying to keep her happy..
She is consulting in Chennai. Doctor also reminded her her next operation is in next month, and told her not to think anything, improve the heath also.
Yesterday my GF again had the same blood vomit. Today (30/01/2012) she went to hospital and doctor told her to take the scan report to judge.

Doctor i am now worried about her. She will be alright na?. kindly reply.
She is asking me lots of questions regarding this.. i am unable to answer..
Kindly give comments..

Waiting for your reply.
Thank you doctor.