Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Bump in my throat same color of my throat bothering me any info will he...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Bump in my throat same color of my throat bothering me any info will help

I got over some sort of upper resp infection back in may ever since then i quit smoking and have been suffering the same feeling of something stuck in my throat.For the past few years when i look at the back of my throat on the middle right side i have had this slightly swelled bump the same color of my throat.It bothered me from time to time but after getting over the upper resp infection it has been bothering me real bad for the last two months and did look a little bigger but has went down some i think its about as round as the head of a nail.And on my gums in between the back of my teeth and throat is white colored im a 26 male smoked for 11 years quit 2 months ago.This is driving me crazy and im almost to the point of trying to poke it with a needle to see what happens.I know i need to see a doctor but money is tight and no health ins.Does anyone know what this could be or has any one had this before.I dont have loss of appetite or anything just panic from it sometimes and headache from time to time.Any ideas on how to get rid of the bump.Also some bumps i think taste buds on the very back rightside of my tongue.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The white patch and the bump may need to be properly investigated by an ENT specialist. He will do a complete examination and if needed may take a biopsy. A biopsy facilitates a histologic study of cells, which gives you a definite diagnosis. Please consult to clear your doubts.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hey,
I'm having the exact same problem, however I'm still smoking. If you've found out what it is, please met me know as soon as possible.
Thanks!!
Kat