Ear, Nose & Throat Community
CT scan & Ear Infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

CT scan & Ear Infection

I just wanted to know if a CT scan from the head shows an inner ear infection or any ear infection that might cause dizziness and derealization. I have been having some derealization and dizziness and feeling a little dreamy with some eye problems lately and i was thinking if i should see an ear & throat specialist or its anxiety related. I had the CT scan about 4-5 months ago and i haven't had any cold or flu from then. I also did an MRI from my neck which came back normal. Personally i think it might be anxiety related but i want to make sure. i would appreciate if anyone with the knowledge could answer my question.

these are the symptoms im currently experiencing right now
derealization, feeling dreamy, foggy vision & not being able to focus on a word written on the board, headaches (some days), dizziness which gets worse at the end of the day

Have you been to see a doctor? Our ears (along with the cerebellum of the brain) help us maintain our balance in space. Fluid buildup in the ear may cause dizziness and disability to focus cos we're unable to level ourselves in space (as in our surroundings); since it is continual I'd suggest its best to see a specialist. Are the symptoms that you mentioned the only ones- you're not having any motor coordination problems or postural disturbances? When you say eye problems, do you see foggy in both eyes, or just one, any double vision at all? Do you have any pain in your ear?

Of course, it could all be anxiety related but it would be best to check it with a specialist because why should you suffer if you have all the facilities available.

I do believe that physical examination by a doctor can tell you much more than scans on their own.

Hope you'll get better quick :)