Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Can Sinus Cause Constant Head Pressure Without Other Symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Background: Retired from the Army in Nov and had a complete physical. Everything was fine except for lower back degenerative disk diease and mild hearing loss. All bloodwork was normal. Took a job in Iraq where I am currently. Arrived in Feb. In Jun, I was sick with extreme fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. Saw a doctor in Jul and was given OTC headache meds. They did bloodwork that came back normal. Since that time I have had daily head pressure and tinnitus. The tinnitus comes and goes and can be really loud and annoying. Visited another doctor in Sep who thought it might be an allergic reaction and was given zyrtec for a month. No change with the head pressure. Saw an ENT in Oct who feels that it just a left-over from whatever made me ill in Jun and thinks it will get better with time. Have had this for 5 months.

NOTE: I am 44 and had never had a headache prior to this. Have never had any TMJ problems. Tinnitus was never a problem. Never noticed any allergies before this. Never had sinus problems. Am in decent health and walk daily for 45 minutes. Thought it might be some sort of reaction to something here in Iraq but do not have typical allergy or sinus symptoms.  

Questions: 1) Can sinus cause the daily head pressure and tinnitus? No pain, just a heavy and tight feeling from my eyebrows, temples to the back of my head. Wake up with it. Only goes away when outside exercising. Constant dust inside and outside this place with pollution. Extreme heat going from AC into 120 degree. Has cooled off now, but symptoms remain.  

Hi, I'm not an expert, but I deal with sinus problems/pressure personally on a yearly basis.  The pressure I feel is usually right about my eyebrows also and sometimes on the very top of my head, right above my forehead.  For really bad sinus pressure I've been given zrytec-D or allegra-D, to ease the congestion. It seems to help me get relief from the pressure pain.  Maybe you should have your doctor prescribe that for you and see how you do. I get allergy/sinus problems right at the change of the season, that's when it will hit me.  good luck to you!
Hi there.  Yes, you can have just the pressure without other symptoms.  Actually, I've had various odd symptoms that don't seem to be sinus related until the congestion gets worse.  For example, the left side of my face was swollen for weeks before we figured out it was a sinus infection, because the congestion mucous wasn't all that bad.  

Hopefully your doctor can give you something for the pressure.  Nasal irrigation may also help.
I would also suggest nasal irrigation--I think that is what I am doing at least--anyhow, I picked up saline nose spray (just saline, not any medicinal nose sprays) and have used this for about two days, and remarkably, the pressure is almost gone.

Granted, I have gone one month with awful pain, pressure, headache, ear ache, facial numbness, neck pain and tightness and jaw soreness. My doc said allergies and sinus, but I thought he was nuts. I have had allergies my entire life and have never experienced this type of pain, disorientation and brain fog. I've also had sinus issues in the past, the messy sinus issues with visible infection, but this time it is just awful pressure and ache. I felt drunk and disoriented all day long, without taking medicine.

I don't drink a lot of water, and I smoke. I cut down smoking, have been drinking 5+ glasses of water a day and spraying my nose with the saline nasal solution and BAM, it has improved 110%. Don't know what has helped but I have to assume the saline in the nose...good luck.
hi,

I am having this pressure in my head moving all over , heere and there and than in my face also and forhead and around the nose, and also poundering in my head. cant sleepppp.

I feel only after 1 week or 5-6 days that my nose feels like i had a sinus problem.

Could this be true as first I had pressure thing .

And i havnt got any cold or flu or sneezing.

I can read and concentrate also, not getting problem or daily headaches.

Please help me i am v.... wrroied and cant share this to anyone at home...
maybe you have a problem with you neck? I had alot of pressure in my head and it turned out to be a neck problem. It mimicks alot of ear problems and sinus problems, could be a combination but I was told it was my neck, loss of natural curve.
I can't believe my eyes, I have had the same problem for almost a year now. I have had a birrage of ct and cat scans and they can find nothing wrong. I would like to see the answers to these responses, Glenville 86 and D921, I would love to talk to you about this to see if you have gotten any positive results yet. The symptoms that you have are a carbon copy of mine, please get in touch with me, elktalker.
In conjunction with my above comment, I have had the brain fog and dissorientation and the feeling of being drunk all day though it seems to get a little better with activity. Would like to hear from some of you thanks.
Hi - Shortley before christmas - 1 1/2 months ago or so - I had what I thought was the beginning of a sinus infection - pain on either side of nose, behind eyes, and post nasal drip - I also had a new sympton - dizziness or feeling room is spinning when i change the position of my head even in bed.  I called the doctor and got a Z-pack - all was fine for the 10 days - then I got this really bad cold - that finally went away after 2 weeks or so.  No I have the dizziness again and I don't really feel any sinus pressure - just a slight runny nose.  Any ideas?  Could I still have a sinus infection without symptons?  
Hi,Ihave had cronic (chronic) sinus problems for years,partly I believe is hereditary,my father and grandfather had sinus problems as well,and also because I was born with a cleft palate.Because on the deviated septum this adds makes drainage of the sinuses almost impossible.I also get allergies in the summer and fall.All the nasal sprays,ect,don't do much for me.I found it interesting to hear about other people getting the "brain fog" you mentioned as I get this a lot.Exercising,especially lifting weights really helps me for a couple of days.I think this is due to straining very hard which kind of "milks" your sinuses.The weightlifting works better for me than anything,give it a shot.The heavier the exercise,the better such as deadlifts,legpress,or squats.
I was diagnosed as having chronic sinusitis, deviated septum, possible nasal polyps, cyst or mucus pocket.  I have constant unrelenting pain above and behind my eyes.  My eyes often feel like they are stuck, as if I'm staring.  I have to clear my throat constantly, wake up feeling very unrefreshed, brain fog and for some reason I feel really slow and dumb.  Any eye movements really make my pain worse.  Anybody else have a problem with moving of the eyes?
My brother has really bad pressure in his ears and head. He says it feels like it will explode at any minute. It is to the point that it is about to drive him crazy. His throat feels like it is swollen inside but doesn't seem to look like it is from the outside. Does anyone know what he might have. Maybe someone has had these symptoms and has got a diagnosis on what is causing the really awful preesure. Thanks
I posted about my brother having really bad pressure in his head, ears and throat well I wanted to add another symptom to it. He has started studdering in his speach in the past few months. Thank you, Hope someone can help.
Hi.  I have become so desperate for answers that I came to this site in hopes for answers myself. I am 40.  Two years ago, I began to experience severe pressure in my head, sometimes I can feel like electricity or something move around in my head. I know this sounds ridiculous but to me it is real.

I have blurred vision. I went for a complete eye exam and everything came out normal.  I think the scariest part of this is the way my eyes feel. I notice that when the pain is more severe in my ears and head, my eyes feel worse.  As I write this, my head feels clogged. It is a strange feeling, a very scary feeling.  I have been to Kaiser SEVERAL times only to be told it is either in my head, by at least one doctor and I have been told that I have some kind of sinus drip thing and fluid in my ears.  I am going back to the doctors on Monday at 7:00 PM.  I will keep you posted as to what they say this week.

Keep me in your prayers…I am so worried.
I have these same symptoms. Feeling of pressure throughout my head, slight intermitten pain toward the base of my skull that sometimes radiates throughout my head. I too have felt slightly intoxicated while being perfectly sober.Im also experiencing visual floaters that start occurring with the rest of these odd symptoms. I had a complete eye exam that came out perfect. I also have an appt. with an ENT in a few weeks. I will keep everyone updated!
My husband has alot of the same problems. He has been told it is in his head and that he has a deviated septum. He always feels like his head will explode. His vision becomes blurred and he has black outs. The pressure in his head is excruciating. When it gets really bad he is like dr. jekyl and mr hyde. His hearing is also suffering. Doctors tell him he has sinusitis. It has to be something else because we have tried every antibiotic and over the counter stuff with no effect. Hopefully someone will read this blog section and find an answer for every sufferer. Maybe if doctors actually did what they are paid for instead of the easy solution you could all get help. An extra for my husband is fiberglass inhalation which can not drain due to the deviated septum. Good luck to everyone.
Any updates from the original poster?
I can't believe it...I read all the posts and feel like each one is about me!  I am 43, never had any issues with sinus, and never had any issues with allergies.  However, I have been told I am slightly asthmatic and have been told I have allergies.  I don't take any medications, none...nada...zip!  I have been working out faithfully since January.  Since last year I have gone to the doctors several times, had a CT scan, and have been told I have sinus disease.  I just finished a second 10-day antibiotic marathon, felt better for about 2 weeks, and now I am worse than ever!  Heavy head, clogged, pressure, I can hear myself breath from my ear, I feel like my head is in a fish bowl!  Insane!  I feel like I need someone to turn on the drain.  This is really starting to be annoying.  My next appointment is in two weeks, I am requesting a specialist...

I too feel the same way as most of you do.  I feel dizzy, congested, some eye blurryness along with the brain fog. I am 44 and work out regular and often do feel better when I have a good workout.  Unfortunately, that good feeling does not last long.   I have been going to many doctors for over three years and nothing works.  I am also on allergy shots.  Most people do not understand the feeling of waking up and going through most of the day with brain fog.  I have taken many prescriptions to dry up the congestions but nothing really seems to help..  My question is why is it happening and why will the condition not clear up.
My 25 year-old son has had pressure inside his head and a brain fog problem for 1 1/2 years now.  While trying to relieve dry eye pain from his lasik surgery, he tried many things including claritan and nasal sprays.  These seemed to relieve his eye pain but over months caused a pressure in his ears.  He discontinued the allergy medicine but eventually he developed a constant pressure behind his eyes and in the back of his head.  He has seen several specialist and just finished his 2nd MRI but nothing shows up.  He has not seen an ENT yet but is convinced it has something to do with the sinuses, medicines and supplements he took.  He used flax seed oil, hydroeye, bilberry and other supplements which all seem to add to the problem.  He has not taken any of these things in over a year but still has this pressure which has gotten so bad he has taken a leave of absence from work.   I see someone here has gotten some relief from sinus irrigation which my son is getting ready to try.  Has anyone else come up with solutions?
I am a 44 year old female Registered Nurse. I'm going through what all of you are just deviations of it.  I've been told I have 'allergies' on singular, astelin, flonase and still awful pressure around the nose in the ears and sometimes teeth.  no post nasal drip, no signs of inflammation (although steriords and antibiotics help TEMPORARILY) using salline spray ONLY constantly (which feels a little better) and sudafed more and more becasue that is the only thing that WAS helping but gettting rarer.  done CT's of sinues Normal , blood work normal, visual exams normal yet my head hurts all the time and my brain is foggy especially in the am.  Some days I feel better than others but rarely anymore.  it's interfereing after years at work cause I can't think or concentrate......again most of the pressure and pain is right below the eyes around the nose sinus cavities.  So i've begun to do research and I'm beginning to wonder if it's my neck .  I did have a prior neck break so it IS all messed up, but even the muscle relaxers don't help 'this' particular issue.  i'm about to see if I can get some PT for massage therapy or maybe even neck traction......I'm desperate to try ANYTHING.......  i'm tired of living this way.  I'm NOT a smoker and breathing deeply is just fine I'm not conjested or anything and eveything is normal.............It HAS to be something that the ENT,and regular docs are missing all together but this is rediculous to live like this.
I happened upon this forum and also noticed that I have very similiar symptoms. I've been to my regular doctor many times. Just yesterday I had a blood test. All was good. I've been to ENT doctor.  All was fine. I've gone to see a nuerologist and he suggested having a an MRI with and without contrast, and an EEG just to rule out anything obvious. I started the sinus irrigation a week ago but haven't noticed any improvement. I'm hesitant about having the MRI and EEG done because of the expence. My wife thinks i'm a hypochondriac but I just want the pressure and brain fog inside my head to go away. Right now I just don't know what to do.
I have exactly the same symptoms and have been to 7 different doctors. They all treat me like I am crazy. It's very frustrating to say the least as I imagine everyone that has posted here knows. Please post something if you find anything that works. I've tried everything and nothing works!
So I had a CT of the Sinues and blood work (IGE).  everything is coming back normal.  I just about cried of frustration in the doctors office Monday.  I don't know where to go from here.  However this is what I've decided.  I'm going to see a chiropractor and see if sitting at this computer all day long is aggravating my neck and is the culprit.  All I know is there IS something wrong.  Positiviely.  I can't take it anymore.  The other roads I'm going to take are getting my house tested for air quality (maybe mold???? ) , getting a sinus, eye temple massager to see if Eye strain is contributing......I don't know what it is.  All I know is there is no infection, the saline seem to help a little, but that's all......I was away for 3 days and started felling better.  However, I also wasn't sitting at my computer all day either.  My neck is definetly fatigued at days end so who knows.  I am so sick of not feeling good and having brain fog and this nasty pressure.  more so I'm sick of living on sudefed to relieve the pressure.  Oh one thing I started doing that also helps is taking 2 little 81mg asprin (not napasyn, not ibuprofen, not tylenol.) litterally asprin, that with the sudefed, nasal irragation is help the symptoms but not irradicating the problem.  I'll keep you updated,
I feel a lot better having read this string.  I have suffered miserably for the last couple of years.  Symptoms include - post nasal drip, fuzzy head / brain fog, sick to my stomach, hot and cold, generally just feeling lousy.  I had sinus surgery 5 years ago - that was successfull but the past couple of years I have had recurring sinus infections that never really seem to go away.  I get up every morning with head congestion, nauseas and heavy mucus in the back of my throat.  Getting really tied of feeling lousy.  Has anyone found relief????  This is no way to live.
Me too. All the same symptoms as everyone.  Mine started a week ago, after a stressful time at home. Had sinus surgery a year ago. Never had headaches like this. The irrigation is an old Chinese method and i recommend everyone try, you can all benefit. Waiting for head ct results. Thought I was having a stroke but think it's my sinus. Does anyone/everyone remember going through a stressful time when this occurred? Either at home or work?  Has anyone else had other disorders in there past.  Such as OCD, TMJ, Back Pain, Heartburn, etc. I know the original poster had tinnitus.
Similar symptoms...  I thought it was from my neck, but my chiropractor says he thinks it's congestion.  I have a feeling that it is INFLAMMATION.  I take BC Headache Powders, and it helps some. (Aspirin is anti-inflammatory; Tylenol is not.)  But you can't live on aspirin!  Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has ways to address upper body dryness, congestion (they mean it a little differently), and inflammation.  I am just starting on the research for how to fix this problem, since I cannot remember what the TCM doctor told me, but a few years ago I was diagnosed with these upper body conditions.  You might have them too, in which case dietary chages might help.  I am pretty sure that I was told to limit or eliminate dairy (among other dietary changes), but for a host of reasons, I did not follow-through.  Has anyone tried TCM, or eliminating dairy, or a different dietary approach?  Does anyone else think that it might be inflammation / swelling?
We had to become a dairy free family due to my son being severly allergic. My daughter who is 7, had migrains and headaches since she was 2 and constant sinus infections. My other 2 kids who are allergic to dairy had a lot of ear infections. Since almost a year ago, we had become dairy free as a family and have noticed nobody getting sick like we used to. I have read dairy can be the source of sinus and ear infections caused by swelling and making mucus. My throat used to feel slimy after a glass of milk. My husband used to be depended on perscription strength omeprozol(?) 2x a day, and no longer needs them coincidently after going dairy free. It might be worth a try for those of you desperate enough. I'd say give it a weeks try. (We have to read ALL ingredients because my son) but soy is a DANGEROUS alternative, I must add.
Yes, Yes, Yes,  finally someone brought it up!!  Diet!!  Food!!  You can be alergic (allergic) to foods and they can irritate your sinus's and many other issues.

My boss at work has a sister with these same issues.  She found some program that dealt with dietary changes with supplements.  It was very strict.  Her symptoms disappeared and she felt 100% better.  After the program they said she could start introducing certain foods back into her diet.  When she did, like stuff with dairy in it the symptoms of sinus issues started back.  So any food that caused this reaction she stays clear of.  Hope this helps.  I will try to find the program she followed and post again.  I too have these issues but am to lazy to follow a good diet.  Time to man up and attack the food problems.

Also, stress and anxiety will add fuel to the flames of these symptoms.  Peace
Hello All,
I stumbled upon this site and HAVE to comment. I was in the same boat as many of you for years, chronic sinus problems and pressure in my head and ears... had gone to ENT's and they would look up my nose and just throw allergy medication at me that in the long run did not help me. To make a very long story short, turns out I had a yeast overgrowth in my system called Candida. Many people with candida have food allergies and sensitivities to milk protein, gluten and wheat and often times have mold allergies. I got on the candida diet-(NO sugar, NO bread/gluten, NO vinegar, NO molds (mushrooms and such), no white flour or white rice, NO potatoes or carrots as they are high in carbs and in sugar. I eat a lot of vegetables, wild caught fish, (no meat because i was a vegetarian), eggs, occasionally allow myself green apples and kinds of berries because they are lower in sugar than other fruits, some whole grain wild rice, quinoa (but limited). My health has changed drastically, I've also been taking supplements of grapefruit seed extract, oil of oregano, paul darco, vit C, vit A, vit D, vit E, calcium and magnesium, zinc, chlorella and spirulina to help my body detox and to heal the digestive tract, also take a high count probiotic and the past 2 months have started on CELLFOOD, mind you I had to start on that slow because I was having die off reactions. on top of the sinus issues i was having heart palpitations, very poor circulation (limbs would fall asleep while laying down), severe pms and cramps, acne that wouldn't go away, serious mood swings, and I am 9 months into this diet and am 90% better than I was! It takes time for the body to heal which is one thing I have to keep reminding myself. acupuncture also helped a lot with the pressure in my sinuses and ears. i cook with coconut oil which is a natural antifungal, antibacterial, antiparasitic. i also just recently got seagate olive leaf nasal spray which is a great antifungal/antiviral/antibacterial and so on. i was honestly at a point where i didn't know if i could go on living feeling the way i was. this diet has helped me so much, you do have to keep on the diet for some time but honestly the further you get into it the more and more you crave what your body needs and cravings for the bad stuff diminishes. hope this helps some of you!! best of luck!!
I have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis. Mostly on my left side due to
I'm at a loss as well.  I woke up 3 weeks ago with a pain behind my right eye and didn't think much of it.  Gradually, throughout the next few days, I experienced dizziness and severe headache which moved from eye to eye, temple to temple, and slight pain in the ears. I saw a general practitioner and he thought it was something with my sinuses although I have had no nasal congestion nor post nasal drip.  He ended up prescribing me zythromax antibiotic, over the counter mucinex-D, and another OTC allergy med.  This really did nothing that I can recall other than perhaps take away some of my fatigue.  A week later, still with the original symptoms, I saw an ENT who cleaned my wax-packed ears out and prescribed me Omnicef antibiotic and OTC afrin which I have been on for 9 days now and have not experienced any improvement.  I have experienced severe headaches however, and the disequilibrium brain fog is still very present.  A couple of nights ago, I was very anxious about my condition and other life stress and had what I think was a panic attack as I awoke from my recent sleep and thought the room was closing in on me and had to get up and pace around until it calmed down after 20 minutes. I don't know if the medicine is doing this or a combination of things.  The bottom line is I still have these horrible headaches throughout my head accompanied by a brain fog, disequilibrium and dizziness now for 3 weeks.  I have been missing work due to this and I am usually one to work through pain and sickness.  Anxiety may be exacerbating my symptoms but I need to get to the root of this.  I'm seeing another doc tomorrow.  I'm a 35 year old male in good physical shape. I worked out 4x/wk. every week before this cursed thing has happened.   The symptoms seem be worse in the afternoon.  Any help would be so very greatly appreciated.  God speed to all of you...
It's interesting that this post orginated in 2006 and it seems that Indels101 has found a solution for relief! I've been experiencing fatigue and brain fog for a long time (years!). It seems to go away for awhile and then come back full force. I was trying to do college studies but had to put the program on hold because I just can't focus and write papers the way I know I can. My main goal as of June of 2010 has been to find a permanent solution to my problem, which is extremely similar to others on this board. In 2009 I felt that I was being "poisoned" by food some how and eventually started an elimination diet. While this didn't solve my brain fog problem, it did resolve gastrointestional issues I was having by eventually removing ALL dairy from my diet. (I'm wondering if I should also eliminate beef products since I've had probems with dairy....). I thought certainly my problem can't be that difficult to figure out...but I'm still searching for answers. While I did feel better, I started to sleep a lot (again!) and decided that the most prevalent think in my diet was high fructose corn syrup so I removed this. And I removed refined sweets and sodas from my diet. This resolved in making me feel totally relaxed, as if I were on tranquilizers. No anxiety, no obsessive thinking!

I've read a ton of books from the library and recently came across one based on what you're doctor doesn't tell you (from a doctor in Cincy, OH). I have worked on the protocol set up by him through reading his book and have taken some of the supplements, as well as the suggested probotics. His theory is that having taken antibotics kills off not only the bad intestional things but also the good ones. I'm now changing how much liquid I drink with my meals and working on his other suggestions. Fatigue is less severe that it was (I'm up and functioning) but not where it should be. Brain fog still lives. I did seem my GP and she prescribed Zyrtec and Flonase. I've noticed that the post nasal drip has gone but I'm still cloudy headed.

I had the skin testing done (***** test) and I don't have any allergies. At one point, I even thought that the HEPA-filtered fans did the trick but that didn't last. I've been keeping a daily journal of what I eat/drink, what I've been doing etc. There were three days in June where my head cleared up but I didn't write down what I had eaten to experience clear-headedness. My feeling is that it has to be systemic. I continue to collect ideas and this is still what I need to research (trying to do least expensive things)....1) Bruxism (teeth grinding) as my dentist mentioned this to me not long ago so I bought a night mouth piece that I need to shape and use; 2) Neck problem...do I just need a good massage?; 3) Continue to examine diet to see if Candida is the problem; 4) Continue search sources like the Internet to find potential solutions.

I'll let you know how things turn out. While it is difficult to feel stuck with these symptoms, I know that there have to be others that have been able successfully resolve this problem. On a final note, I saw someone describe this problem in terms of it like being "slightly intoxicated while being perfectly sober". I can remember that this is exactly how I would describe it to someone. Also, not long ago I had the weirdest experience where I had eaten four slices of pizza and probably had a Pepsi with it then went to bed and the next morning I not only had an extremely difficult time rousing myself into consciousness but I distinctly had the feeling that I had an alcoholic hangover. I had an appointment I had to get to and I was stumbling around, as if I had been drinking even though I don't drink. Come to think of it this happened one other time in either 2009 or 2010.
Please consider a diet change, especially cheese, milk, most dairy. I went through all of these symptoms 20 years ago. I gave up cheese and milk, including ice cream and things are a lot better. Milk protein affects you sinuses. I had headaches every day, to the point I could not lift my head from my pillow. I was almost blinded by any kind of light, pressure was always there and brain fog made me feel stupid. GIVE UP THE DAIRY
I'm a 26 year old female, I've always suffered from sinus problems for as long as I can remember with nasal drainage, stuffy nose, sneezing, sensitivity to light and watery eyes on a daily basis. Sounds pretty typical for those of us with year round allergies. I live in Chicago, and here we really only get two seasons- summer and winter, and with these change of seasons comes a sinus infection, it ***** for a couple of weeks but nothing a course of antibiotic can't handle and then you're back to your daily life. I have a 13 month old son and I work full time with a long distance to travel back and forth so I am more stressed but I don't think that is what's causing my current situation.

It all started when my son was just over 2 months old. He was born in the middle of July, so with the change of weather at the end of September I felt a sinus infection coming on, which has always been normal for me when the weather changes. With me being a new mom trying to balance my life at home and my job I couldn't find the time to see my doctor, so I took some OTC sudafed which to my surprise seemed to make my symptoms disappear. I thought "great, it's not turning into anything." Soon after this I was plagued with terrible pain in my ear that radiated down the side of my face to my jaw. I've never had an ear infection so I wasn't sure if this was one, I did see an ENT who said it wasn't an ear infection and had no explanation of the pain. He looked in my nose and said to try a nasal spray and that was it. Gee, thanks doc! Since then, (back in October 2009) on a daily basis, from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed I deal with the following symptoms:

-constant head pressure, all around my skull and base of neck

-facial pressure, but comes and goes

-ear pressure, with tinnitus and 'fullness'

-headaches, with numerous intensities on different sides at different times

-TMG, with jaw hurting when I chew

-eye vision becomes blurry, feeling of eyes jumping and bulging out

-constant fatigue, wake up feeling like I've been hit by a truck with body aching and joints aching especially in my back

-poor blood circulation, extremities get tingly and numb after seconds if blood flow is cut off

-higher blood pressure close to 135/90 (which I know it's 'high' but for me it is), I've never had high blood pressure even during my pregnancy I was consistently around 115/70

-heart palpitations, at least several times per day usually comes at any given time especially when 'relaxing' which seems opposite of when it should happen.

-balance problems, I always feel like I'm 'walking drunk' without being drunk, or walking 'sideways', and sudden dizziness.

-muscle fatigue, feeling of being weak

-some congestion, but able to breathe through nose

-foggy/clouded head

-mood swings, not due to pms =)

All in all I have these symptoms but I don't feel sick like your classic sinus infection, if that makes sense to anybody.

I've had numerous tests done, blood work, ana's checked, thyroid checked, diabetes, anemia, all have come back normal. I'm at a loss at this point because I know something is wrong but none of the doctors can figure it out. I've had recurring sinus infections that seem to come and go as fast as they came. I've been on numerous rounds of antibiotics to no prevail. My ENT did a ct scan of my sinuses and informed me I did have minor infected tissue (ct scan done at the end of a 4 week course of antibiotic) a deviated septum, large turbinates and a Concha Ballusa that is 4 times the average size which he believes is causing my problems and he recommends surgery. Has anyone had a similar diagnosis? I guess I'm kinda confused because everybody has a Concha in their nasal cavity and since mine just so happens to be 4 times the average size why has it all of a sudden start causing me more severe problems since I've always dealt with sinus issues but never to this extent. Has anyone had sinus surgery before on here? And can you tell me if it was worth it for you? I've done some research and it seems give or take with most cases. Any advice would be helpful, at this point it's so debilitating I don't know how I manage to function everyday. Can anybody relate?
Hi everyone. As I look through these posts, I find that I can definitely relate. Here's my problem.

For beginners in case this info can contribute, I'm a 28 year old female, no sinus problems (sinusitis maybe once a year), arthritis in the knees, prescription glasses that I wear all the time.

Recently, I have pressure in the back of my head, on top of my head, and right by my ears, as well as the right side of the bridge of my nose. It almost feels like it's congestion, but I am not congested and there is no problem with mucus.

I went to the doctor because it felt like a sinus problem but at the same time it didn't feel like a sinus problem. I've started wondering if it is the onset of a sinus problem, except that I've never had this particular problem before.

When I went to the doctor, he gave me a prescription for a migraine, saying that not all migraines are the same (I told him the headache wasn't debilitating, just a throbbing pressure type feeling). I took the prescription (Fioricet) but I'm not so sure that is the answer. As a precaution, I also picked up Mucinex D (thinking it could be a sinus congestion problem) and am waiting to see if that will help.

In the meantime, I have this floaty, almost dizzy feeling that I can't explain, as well as low grade nausea, and weirdly enough, I feel a bit jittery. My doctor said that if the Fioricet doesn't work, then he'd suggest going to a neurologist. From reading previous posts, I'm not so sure a trip to a neurologist would reveal a problem.

Also, it does feel like I may be getting a cold, but these symptoms I haven't had before and it concerns me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Should I keep with the Fioricet and Mucinex D?
Just curious if anyone was first diagnosed with Labyrinthitis the first time going to the doc?  I'm having all the same symptoms as most-head and neck pressure, face pressure, dizziness and fatigue but no symptoms like sneezing, watery eyes, or drippy nose though in the past I have suffered from seasonal allergies but this is def different.  Just a plain ole feeling of "not feeling right"  I'm 35 with normal everything except that I have not been able to conceive and have been trying for 5 years.  So I have been on strange infertility drugs and antibiotics off and on the 2-3 years.  I constantly change my diet as well trying to keep the bad stuff out of it.  Anyway I'm suspicious of the " Labyrinthitis " diagnosis which I was prescribed Meclizine for which does help with the dizziness but I swear makes the pressure worst.  I have a follow up appt in three weeks, I really hope I feel better by then, we will see!  good luck to all.
Just wondering.... if some or most of you have any problems with your eyes, as sight visions or any other.... such as chalazion or floaters?
I believe abnormal pressure in the eyes produce pressure in the optical nerves and the muscles... and problems in the neck also produce these symptoms.
I've had this for like five years now, I am 21 years old... basically last highschool years and all of my college years, and it is physically and mentally unbearable... I didn't know I actually had a problem, I thought it was normal but I didn't feel well....... felt actually slower than normal, not witty, nervous, unconcentrated, out of focues, even unbalanced... We need a solution for this now...... we can't go on like this. Our lives are being taken away from us.
I have had similar problems with sinus pressure. Vertigo, pressure - all over my head to my neck, etc. I went to see an ENT, and had an allergy test done. No allergies. He determined that the pours that let the sinus drain, are staying closed. This results in the sinus's not being able to equlize pressure. Basically air is trapt in the sinus causing the pressure. The solution is to have surgery to open the pore. I haven't had this done yet ( in a couple months), but am optimistic. No one here has mentioned this, and it may be something for everyone to look into
I have had constant pressure in my head now for about 2 years, its ruining my life. I spent 5 years at college/uni getting good qualifications, but now I'm thick as ****.  I cannot remember anything, I'm constantly dizzy, light headed - foggy.

I have constant pressure in the top right hand side of my head.  It throbs when I bend down, and occasionally its like a get hit with a dagger in the same spot.  I went to a Neuro about this, he said it was IcePick headaches.  But, I do no think this is the case.  This constant pressure is not overly painful - its just annoying and makes me feel all floaty.  I had an MRI a year ago, and nothing.  But the constant pressure in my head is getting worse.  I can now feel it behind my right eye, in my ear.. Speaking to the Dr's they just basically think its all in my head - but not in the way I want them to think.  

The constant pressure is there 24/7 - like someones holding down their thumb on my head.  I never get headaches, I never get migraines - just this damn floating feeling and the pressure.  If I push on my right temple, if feels like this activates my pressure spot on my brain.  This leads me to think its a vessel issue.  Not sure, but I'm going to Dr's again about it.  I don't care if they think I'm making  it all up..

Good luck and god bless all.
I have had pretty much all of these symptoms at one time or another, relating to sinus. I get head pressure and dizziness, with neck pain. After being allergy tested, I now take two shots every five days. Also, when the symptoms come back, I take Mucinex D.... this helps releave the pressure and pain.
I don't usually post to forums, but I wanted to share this because I was going out of my mind with this head pressure and found some resources that helped and since I feel better I hope maybe it might help someone else.  A couple weeks ago I was having this unexplained pressure and fullness in my head.  I had a cold back in January which led to a sinus infection and after 2 courses of antibiotics (different ones) I started to feel like there was something seriously wrong because it just wouldnt go away.  I started feeling anxiety and dizziness.  I found a website on ehow about using a neti pot and how to unclog a eustachian tube "How to Clear a Clogged Eustachian Tube"  Because I don't have health insurance I had to try something so I bought the stuff at Walgreens for less than $20 and have finally felt relief.  In fact, since I've been using it - I've felt so good I haven't had to take my daily Excedrin - just my regular decongestant.  Neti pots have been around for hundreds of years (maybe longer - not sure) but most doctors probably consider this stuff alternative and would rather do MRIs, CTs, etc.  Anyway just wanted to share.  
I just wanted to share that my son, who is 2 1/2, is experiencing the same symptoms as the rest of you, at least from what I can tell by the little that he can communicate verbally and from his body language. He has been suffering since Fall of 2010, so I approximate about 5-6 months now. We have been to his pediatrician, ENT, and allergist and no one is helping. I can't stand seeing him suffer like this every day. The medications that he can take are limited because of his age. We have a brain MRI scheduled for the end of the month because I'm concerned about a brain tumor possibly and just want to make sure we rule that out. He's has taken some antihistamines (prescribed by ENT and allergist)  but doesn't even have nasal drip; he actually sounds congested but can breathe just fine through his nose, but for some reason is choosing to breathe through his mouth during the day?? We're also using Flonase but something is keeping him awake all night (he tosses and turns and cries out for me several times throughout the night), so we're going to discontinue that for a while. He wakes up in the morning and from naps crying and is not well rested at all! He constantly rubs his nose and hold his head in his hands and pushes his head against the floor and objects. And finally, in the last 2 weeks, he's not wanted to do the normal fun stuff we do, so I'm really very worried. Anyone else have a child who is suffering with these symptoms?
I suffered from a right-ear barotrauma during a commercial airplane flight. Right ear closed up, and perforated the eardrum. But that was only diagnosed a week after I had gone to urgent care. I hear what everyone is saying... it seems like noone understands the symptoms that are experienced. Since it has been years since most of these posts,  I'm hoping that so many have found information on what they think is wrong - doesnt mean that anyone else is listening tho. Thats been my experience. I'd like to know if anyone else can attribute an airplane flight to their symptoms?  Ataxia (the feeling of being drunk), moving pressure within your head/neck area, brain fog, fatigue, trouble with memory...and some physical...   I think my symptoms had to do with decompression sickness. Its been 2 years, and better, but still there. Please let me know... thx.
I just found all your post, and oh my, I have all the same things! I have been to  4 doctors in the last 3 weeks trying to get an answer!  I now have migraine meds (that is just a mask or relief, can't live on them)  I thought I was going to stroke out or something,

Many good ideas in your post.  To the woman with the 2 1/2 year old, I feel for both of you, my kids had bad asthma/allergies were sick all the time, but to be 2 and not be able to tell parents, exactly what is wrong,...you sound like a really good parent, and you are paying attention.  My kids didn't have this pressure, but they have improved as they have gotten older on the other issues.  

Mine pressue issues started after trying the HCG diet, I thought it did something to me, I wonder if it was a trigger? Someone else mentioned supplements triggering, but the issue didn't start until being on the diet for 3 weeks, so it maybe a fluke, I didn't stop the diet, still have the problems!!

Well any ideas, I will read.    :)
I have read through many of your posts on this forum, I struggled for 5 years to find answers to many of the same symptoms. I had chronic sinus pain but, no congestion or drainage. It would frequently turn into a headache and I often had nausea and dizziness accompanying it. Doctors did CAT scans, MRI'S , EMG and nerve conduction studies. I went to chiropractors, neurologists, ENT doctors and finally resolved to myself that I would never find an answer. I did though! I went to an integrated health doctor and a Chinese Medicine practitioner simultaneously who both recommended I look at my diet. Although very healthy and active I was eating things my body was reacting to. I went on an elimination diet to test my food sensitivities and ultimately did a Candida cleanse. I now eat virtually gluten free and always diary free. I limit my sugary foods to more natural sugars from fruit juices to stevia. No aspartame, maltodextrin, etc. I can honestly say that it chnaged my life. I still have to take digestive enzymes and occasionally probiotics to balance my intestinal pH balance. I feel amazing though. I would highly recommend anyone do research on Candida, Leaky Gut and elimination diets to see what your body may be reacting too.
First off thanks everyone for all the information. Secondly, I really wish there were more follow-up stories because it looks like there are still no solutions to our problems.

My symptoms started around late April, early May. I felt pressure around my nose but didnt think much of it. About 2 weeks later I was at work and just felt real weird. Didnt know what was wrong but I knew something wasnt right. Called EMS, blood pressure was a little high but EKG was fine. Doc gave me a xanax and sent me on my way. A week later same things happened but worse. A friend from work drove me to the ER and I really thought I was going to die in her car. It was really bad. My head just felt tight and I felt like I could hit the floor at any moment. Yet as soon as I got hooked up to the machines I started to calm down I guess. They did a CT, EKG, blood work and chest xrays. Only thing that showed was a cyst in my nose and low potassium.

Ok so PCP advised to see a ENT. Had another CT and it looks like I have polyps on my right side and a deviated septum. I am scheduled to have surgery this Thursday.

Now the reason I am here is because this head pressure/fogginess can get really scary. I was diagnosed with panic disorder years ago(8-9 years ago) but havent havent any issues with it at all until now. And it can come from anywhere. I dont see how anyone can go through this for years. Has anyone had any luck with this issue? I keep telling myself that I have calmed down everytime after so I am fine. But when it is happening I can't help but think I am not fine and it is something worse.

I just want to be myself again. I was fine until around May of this year. I hope the surgery corrects the pressure and overall head fogginess because I really don't know what else could be causing it since I was fine before. But with my axiety and with all Ive been through even if the surgery corrects it, I feel I may have to see a few my drs just to reassure myself.
Hello, I just wanted to add my own comment. For the last few weeks I have had almost all of these symptoms and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I have never had any sinus problems. But for the last few months I have been feeling icky and just these last few weeks it's just gotten worse. It got to the point that I went to the ER they just said it was a migraine/headache gave me a pain shot and sent me home. It didn't help. That was almost 2 weeks ago. It is hard to explain the feeling in your head and body but you just know something is not right.

So today I got to my breaking point and went online and found this site, I noticed someone said something about Aspartame. About 4  months ago I switched from Regular Coke to a Diet, I would say I drink somewhere between 6-8 cans a day of diet coke now. I went on to another site for the side effects and danger of too much Aspartame which is in my diet coke and noticed that those symptoms are what I am having. Also it said some peoples body just can't handle Aspartame. So starting now I am no longer going to have diet pop/Aspartame, I know it sounds soooo simple but I am hoping it is what is causing me to feel this way. I will update and let ya know how I feel in a few days. I just couldn't sign off the computer without commenting knowing that people out there were hurting like me. And maybe this might work for me and them...
I'm a 42 year old woman who has had all of the symptoms mentioned above for the last 30 years.  I've finally come to the conclusion that it's most likely a food allergy, complicated by environmental allergies.  I've been slowly eliminating foods from my diet for the last 6 months.

Wheat is one obvious culprit.  Corn, surprisingly, is another.  While I have only mild issues with gluten, corn can incapacitate me completely.  If I get corn in my food, I find that I've got headaches for days, nausea, IBS, sleep issues and total brain fog.  One of the first signs that corn has gotten into my diet is a butterfly rash on my face.  Then I nearly pass out with exhaustion, even if I felt energetic and good before I ate.  When I wake up, the headache is there and doesn't leave for days.  The fog in the brain is so bad that I can barely focus on anything.

Allergies can do this.  They can cause all of the symptoms that most of the people here are exhibiting.  Strange but true.

I'm not saying everyone has allergies that are causing their problems.  By all means, make sure you see your doctor.  Because other things can also cause our symptoms.  From spinal meningitis to brain tumors to issues with your adrenal glands.  But if all the tests are coming up negative, try getting off of corn, gluten, dairy, eggs, nuts, seeds and get away from environmental conditions that make you sick all the time.  If eliminating these things makes you better, problem solved.  If not, then make your doctors start testing you for the more uncommon diseases, which they often don't see unless specifically testing for them.

I hope this helps :)
I have had that pressure headache for three months.  My pcp put me on antibiotics for sinus infections, steroids (those helped for a week )and then the headache got worse.  I have been in the ER twice with excruciating head pressure, face pressure, hearing ringing or my heartbeat in my ears, etc.  My vision was very slightly different than before the headaches.  I had had "migraines" in the past, traditional OTC pain relievers don't work for the pain or pressure.  I had a clean MRI but he offered me an LP.  I had never had a spinal tap before and figured it may give us some answers. It sure did!  My intracranial pressure was elevated to almost twice the safe maximum. This puts pressure in the cranial nerves causing the facial sensations I was experiencing. The head pressure really was pressure and within minutes the pressure was at a bearable level.  After that spinal tap I had to have another 4 days later because my pressures were high again but the diamox is doing it's job now. I have pseudo tumor cerebri. Also known as intracranial hypertension.  It masked itself as a sinus infection that would come and go for over a year. It finally didn't go and I had a doctor that was willing to try tests that ardent typical for adults with headaches.  BTW kids get spinal taps frequently to rule out several diseases in the hospital even if they don't expect the disease just to cover the hospital.
I've been totally stressed out the last couple of months with head and facial pressure. Back in July I did a small paint job in my backyard using an oil paint and the fumes didn't agree with me. Never had any sinus problems or allergies prior to this. Anyway I ended up with a sinus infection. I went to see an ENT, he put on antibiotics for two weeks. After a couple of weeks I went to see him again, he took a cat scan. The infection was gone but I still had facial and head pressure. He said I have narrow ducts in my sinuses that cause backed up pressure. He put me on Afrin(for 3 days), Veramyst and I use saline spray. He also recommended that I use a nasal rinse, but to be honest I get nervous using it. I also have to add that I work part time in a night club where the air is very dry and smokey(smoke machine). I know that doesn't help either in my recovery. One more thing I do get stress and anxiety symptoms too. Like constant chills and upperback stiffness. So to be honest I don't know how much of the pressure I feel is my sinuses or just stress. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open to it
Hi, i have had a constant pressure around my eyes and front of my head now for years. Also i experience brain fog and tiredness from this. I have tried taking paracetamol and anti histamines but they don't seem to work at all. It is a horrible feeling. I have been to a doctor and also a neurologist and had multiple scans and tests but they say i am fine. Exercise seems to help only for a bit. When i wake up in the morning after about one hour it comes on. And stays for the entire day. At night sometimes it can feel a bit better, but is still there. I lead a healthy lifestyle which includes a good diet, exercise, adequate sleep and minimal stress.
please also take regular steam if u guys can even in summers that might help.

n my doctor told me to take anti alergic (allergic) in weather change
\i m even thinkin of masaages right now with correct oils

i wud also say when u get time do excersizes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvwIRTBSEO4
or many on youtube check wat suits you.

do that have good regualar sleep in standard times no late nights.
dairy products i also try to avoid somehow curd gives me a bad day .

I had pressure behind right eye with headache and pressure to ear and back of skull, all on right side. No nasal drip, just sensitive dry eyes - right eye was red. The headache lasted for five days and i still have a little pressure now.

I was told by a naturopathic doctor to go home, put boiling water in a bowl with 4 tbs sea salt, put towel over head and breathe in steam. I did this three times in one hour and again twice this morning. I took an advil for the pain last night. I slept very well and this morning I feel a lot better. No advil this morning, I will keep doing this salt stream throughout the day because it's helping and my headache is now gone.
My eyes were also very sensitive to light until this morning.
Any updates?  Your symptoms mirror mine almost exactly...primarily ear pressure and tinnitus, and pressure in my sinuses and around the back of my head and down the sides of my neck.  Brain fog when I wake up, some draining from my ears as the day goes by but not fully.  And when I get this (it kind of comes and goes), I'm extremely sensitive to smells.  Chemicals and scents can trigger a full-blown flareup in seconds.
Wow
I have had so many of these similar symptoms. Started as migraine, but the head pressure won't go away and my dr. has me on so many Meds I can barely function in the morning. I too have the anxiety, head pressure that moves from the crown of my head to the typical sinus areas, temples and base of my skull. I too wonder if it's a neck issue as my neck muscles are very tight but I do have a neti pot and will try that again (with distilled water only - gotta be careful of bacteria). I may try the food route soon too as this is no way to live. Pls post follow up comments, let's hear how you're doing.
Almost at the point of going nuts. 8 weeks of on and off hospitalization 6 negative MRI's from my feet to my head, 4 negative CT's, EEG above or better than normal reactions, 5 EKG,s and heart stress test all say heart is fine other than mild hypertention and no clots were found. Im 62 and this all started on November 2 2011 when I awoke unable to focus my right eye and had ear pressure and facial numbness and was shaking like a leaf but it was not cold. I Was taken to emergency and they found my blood pressure to be elevated, actually it was 219/116 (normaly my BP runs in the 170/70 range). My face had numbness in my cheeks and below my eyes and it was difficult to focus my vision. I was diagnosed as having a TIA ( mild stroke) with the arteries at 40 % hardness ( not a threat in the Dr's thinking) and put on Blood pressure meds and sent home.

Thanksgiving day, dinner was almost ready, had been fighting facial numbness all day and new numbness on my left side. Wife took me to Emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, MRI's, CT's, EKG all normal 3 day stay, again they said TIA and I should be on a blood thinner PT/INR 0.49 (26 years of eating healthy home grown herbs, spices and vegies killing me?) After discharge on the way down in the elevator from the 8th floor (not a steep drop at all) my right ear popped and I lost about 90% of my hearing in that ear.  Then the buzzing hissing pressure increased as well as the facial numbness and vision focusing difficulties. My primary care said it might be an inner ear infection and gave me steriods and ammoxicillin with no results after 15 days.

Another week goes by and Im back in the ER, and again nothing.

Now, after the latest visit and admission to the hospital, all sighns of a heart attack, numbness in face, back of nose under eyes, hissing in ear and back of throat numb to the point fo panicing if I could swallow or not and throwing up. I was discharged 12/24 2011 now on Coumadin to thin my blood (not a drug I would ever want to be on) and told that they are thinking this is not TIA's but what they call a silent mygraine ( a mygraine that has no pain and symptoms of a stroke) I looked it up and hope that this is that easy, except for one important point, hearing loss is not related.

Now I guess I have to wait for another episode to see if the Imitrex they gave me helps. Somehow I doubt this is as simple as a headache.

Hello All
I will share with you all what I think it could be. We live in a society where we eat food that is not really food. We drink liquids that supply no nurishment to our bodies. That is how most, (not all) of these problems begin. Our bodies are malnurished and the Doctors dont know how to remedy the problems. It is our responsibility to take care of our bodies before something serious happens. I was just recently diagnosed with Hosshimotos diesease. It affects my thyroid. However my diet was terrible. We dont eat veggies and fruit, and we dont exercise. If we treated our cars the way we treated our bodies, they would not last a week. People really listen to me, change your diets. At least try it for a week or two. Do a colon cleanse. Doctors are not interested in curing your problem, but they will treat any diesease you may have. Dont get me wrong I do realize that some of us are prone to hereditary issues, but most of us are looking for the the doctors to cure problems we bring on ourselves. As we get older our bodies cannot take pizza and sugar and dairy and fried foods and soda any more. We shut down our immune system which helps our bodies to fight and then we end up on medications that cause even more problems. The best advice I can give to all of us is to change our diets.  Our sinuses can get infected with fungus, bacteria, and mold. Most antibiotics cant kill all of this stuff. That's why it gets better than worst. If you have fungus in your nose trust me no antibiotic will kill it. Try fruits and veggies for two weeks. Also there is a website that you can go to for some antiparisite and antifungal tea. We have to take back our health from the doctors who just don't know what to do. They want to help (most of them), but they are clueless. We are in an epidemic that they cant fix. I just moved to the country. I am planning to grow my own veggies, and get fresh air for me and my kids. I am planning to travel and spend time with family and friends. Take back your health. Eat right not better. Take out everything that is not food. Our bodies cant handle it anymore. I have had a horrible sinus infection for two months now. I am going to cure it myself because the MRI said my sinuses were clear. Ok what am i gonna do. Blame the machine. Start looking into homopathic medicine and find a homopathic doctor if your lucky to live in a state where they are available. God wants us to change our bodies. Stop eating poison and eat foods that are as pure as you can. That is my goal. I will post back as soon as i feel better.
Hi Stuart here, 33 from Dorset in the UK,  I suffer from severe head pressure in the forehead and temples many times a week. It's so bad some times that I feel like if I had a gun placed in my hand I would put it to my head and pull the trigger just to escape the pain. I constantly have to hold my nose to force air into my ears which causes an audible squeak in my ear canals, this provides slight relief from the pain for a while. This is not recommended as it can cause damage(so i'm told).

All I can do in this state is take a maximum dose of Ibuprofen and Paracetamol, drink a good litre of water and try to sleep it off.

This condition has ruined my life, I don't ever feel like being sociable and cannot pan ahead as I don't know when it will strike. It's worse than any  hangover.

In response to the health maniac above, I only drink water and milk, grew up on home grown food and an aware of my health and respect it.

I believe this condition is a side effect of stress, anxiety and general life worries, I don't believe there is a prescripable cure other than sex, sex provides exercise, distraction from life problems and a release of hormones that make you feel happy. If a sexual partner is unavailable then masturbation is a viable alternative IMO.
I have suffered from sinus pressure for years causing head, face , temple, and neck pain. Recently I had to start sleeping in the recliner because in bed it is worse. I feel it has to do with allergies but I do have diabetes so if you are eating such as white flour or sweets it does make your sinuses worse. Drinking a lot of water will help and getting off all white flour and sweets. I recently purchased a mouth guard because I do grind my teeth while I sleep, that will cause face and jaw pain. I felt numbness on my left side of my face like i would have been drooling. I took muscle relaxers but that didn't really help. At the moment I take one Aleve every day. The pharmacy suggested that because if you have high blood pressure you can't take over the counter medication. Aleve helps for inflammation and now I am going buy a saline spray. I live in Louisiana and the humity is terrible here. If your musus is not flowing out your nostrils then you need to soften them up. If you can get rid of mucus you get rid of infection. I never have an infection, I just get the inflammed sinus membranes. May the Lord heal all of us and give us discerment of what is going on in our bodies. Have Faith in Him and He will do it for us.
Hi Everyone,

I too have similar issues and am relieved to see I am not alone. I am a 22 year old female with good health, but recently I have been having pain. It started in my forehead above my left eye. It started when I would hear a loud noise--a dull pain. Then after three days it started to hurt behind my eye. It even hurt to blink. I went to the doctor and they didn't know. They told me to keep an eye on it :).  My Boyfriends mother is a doctor and she thinks it is a sinus problem. The pain in my eye has stopped but I still feel pain in my forehead that comes and goes. Often triggered by things that make no sense. I bought a saline rinse and am hoping to feel better after a couple of uses.

It is so scary to have pain in the head. Your mind races and honestly it is hard to describe the symptoms because they are so vague. This is my plan: (1) give the saline rinse a real try, (2) change my diet, (3) and seek chiropractic work (I think it could be a neck or back issue).

Would you guys say that your pain is all the time? Or comes and goes? Is it dull? I would love any feedback.
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in what your follow-up situation is after discovering a high cranial pressure.  I have read all these post and have done just about everything to figure my problem out.  I have seen 47 doctors...I know you are saying how can a person see 47 doctors and NOT figure it out.  They only spend about 10 minutes with you there's the real problem.  For the most part it's a "talking to the wall session" because they think you are a hypochondriac.
  I feel really sick at my head and the pain is there constantly.  I have to rest a lot because have got to the place can't hold my head up anymore.  I too had a spinal tap and with a very good doc that I respect and trust.  My pressure was at the high "end" and not deemed "the problem". The needle slipped  at one point in the test and some fluid escaped I believe it was probably actually over the limit.    

What's you update...any new findings?
I hate to say it, buy I too have most of the symptoms listed above.  Constant pressure in my head, the constant dizzy and light-headed (foggy) feeling and pain in my neck.  It all started with a bad sinus infection I had last October that I had been fighting for some time.  Finally one night I woke up in the early am and couldn't breathe out of either of my nostrils.  I was in a cold sweat and had yellow and red splotches all over my face (probably from lack of oxygen).  I calmed myself and went back to sleep, hoping that I would wake up in the morning.  A couple days later I went to see my family doctor and explained the situation to him.  He gave me an allergy shot, prescribed me prednisone and Augmentin (antibiotic) and sent me on my way.  The next day I felt great.  Things were actually going good.  Symptoms were gone and I felt fine.  I had a CT scan of my sinuses and it was discovered that I had a cyst on each of my frontal maxillary sinuses, but was told that they are nothing to worry about.  About 2 1/2 to 3 weeks later I started feeling like things in the room were moving, light headed and found it difficult to think or focus.  I went back to the doctor.  I told him what was wrong and he checked me.  He told me that my eardrums were swollen.  Prescribed the prednisone to me again along with a different antibiotic (Ciproflaxin) and Meclizine.  He said I had a case of Vertigo and he suggested I see an ENT.  I saw the ENT about 3 weeks to a month later.  I was feeling good.  The Vertigo was just about remedied.  The Doctor saw me, asked me some questions and suggested I continue taking the Meclizine and he prescribed me Nasonex.  When he checked my ears he said that my eardrums looked fine.  This was a shocker because I thought for sure that something in my ears was the cause of my problems.  He told me to come back in a month.  The Vertigo went away and I was feeling great again.  About 2 days before my one month follow-up, I started developing the Vertigo symptoms again, out of the blue.  I saw the doctor and He referred me to a Neurologist and wanted me to go to therapy for the Vertigo.  I went to therapy, was assessed and went to two therapy classes.  I stopped attending when I realized that they weren't really working.  When I saw the Neurologist he asked me a bunch of questions, tested me with some coordination tests and referred me to a swarm of testing.  I had to undergo Hearing tests, a variety of Balance tests, and finally an MRI on my neck (Cartotids), Cervical Spine and Internal Auditory Canal (Brain).  I took the MRI last Sunday.  I am scheduled to see the Neurologist again this coming Monday the 16th to go over the test results.  I feel bad.  My head is in the clouds, I have a hard time focusing and concentrating, the back of my neck hurts along with my jaw the sides and top of my head (feel full/pressure).  I was thinking that it is either my sinuses, my inner ear or maybe a pinched nerve or something in my neck (due to maybe lifting free weights).  I was pretty confident that it could be one of those three things, that is until I started reading the Postings on this site.  I really hope something (not life threatening) is found in the MRI results.  I don't know if I can live with this feeling everyday of my life for years.  The couple months that it has been on and off has been bad enough.  I got a call from a company for a great job offer that I have been waiting for.  I would really hate to turn the job down because of this condition or worse I would hate to quit my existing job to take the new one only to realize that I can't perform as expected due my condition.  So far I am with everyone else on this site, THIS CONDITION HAS CHANGED MY LIFE DAMMIT!  I will post again after I meet with the Neurologist on Monday.  God Bless you all and I hope you feel better SOON.
Hey Priesto, I have such similar symptoms as yours. Had a barage of tests but all that showed up with a congenial deviated septum, so mild sinusitis. I really want a second opinion, always thought it was something to do with my neck as I had real pain there before my 'life changing' situation started 3 years ago. Let us know how your MRS scan went.
i know this is a long shot and obviously wouldn't apply to any males that have suffered these symptoms but I have had similar symptoms twice now and I have no allergies, rarely get sick....but I did find a common denominator when I suffered the sudden almost overnight onset of sinus pressure, post nasal drip and feeling like my head is going to explode.  
This happened to me this Christmas eve morning and yesterday.  On both these days I put make up , otherwise I rarely wear make- up since I work out of my home.  BOTH times my eyes were so red the next morning after wearing Clinique mascare(which is supposed to be for sensitive skin and I've used Clinique for past 23 years - I am 47 years old) but within hours I had the drip and sinus pressure as if I was sicker than a dog.  All this after not wearing this mascara for a few months, it can't be coincidental that the 2x I wear it, these symptoms appear within hours.  
I have not put the makeup on since then and don't plan on it.  Companies are changing their products constantly to cut down on costs,  it wouldn't surprise me if Clinique didn't add something to their mascara that I am now having an allergic reaction to.

Which by the way, I know we as females never replace our mascara when we should with new mascara....but it could be any of our makeup products that are causing some of these symptoms so replace your mascara and or take a look and see if you starting using a different product since onset of these symptoms.
It's worth a try by doing process of elimination
Hi, i have had a lot of pressure around my nose with constant headaches, with brain fog, sometimes seeing black spots having the feeling I might faint (lightheaded?). My doctor said i had a lot of pressure in my sinuses and ears. He Rx a nasal spray and some antibiotics and it did help for like a month and its back. It feels horrible. I cant concentrate on my studies.
Also, i do have impacted wisdom teeth that need to be extracted, i don't know if that might be causing the problem...? Please help
P.S. i try not to exercise because i feel very fatigued, but when i do, i do feel better.
my young life was exactly the same I thought this is life, grew up with it didnt know any better! My eyes are dry alot and the skin underneath is dehydrated I have alot of pressure in ears and throat and dry nose my private doctor told me the best cure is to move to a very hot dry climate to avoid all environmental allergies! I wish you well!
I have dreadful sinus pain whenever I go anywhere near dairy - especially cheese. Masterstyles I would give up your milk and see if it helps!
i have had the exact same symptoms constant head pressure, tired all day, feeling of being drunk and gets a little better with activity, gets pretty bad when i try and work out at the gym like today i could hardly walk after the gym i was so dizzy, and i feel dizzy and light headed from the moment i wake up until i go to bed, it also seems to feel better when i lay down. i have been prescribed antibiotics twice and two different nasal sprays, have seen five doctors, neurologist, had an mri in december, they say i have a sinus problem, and they all tried to prescribe e antidepressants. i feel like none of those doctors could have given half a **** about me so I'm looking for any kind of help now... could it be some sort of neck injury?
Wake up people a couple hit it on the button for most of you. It is yeast overgrowth. If you want help then listen. I had it for 5 yrs after i got dehydrated and had every test done imaginable and put out lots and lots of money. i was never sick till then. when the bad bacteria takes over the good bacteria in your body it does wreck your whole body. i had all the crazy symptoms.pressure in head, ears ringing and felt blocked. I had perfect eyes till this and then numerous floaters and blurry visionalso had panic attacks, numbness,rashes tingling  and crawling skin and burning skin sensation doctors are not worth a damn as they dont reconize yeast overgrowth except as thrush and in the vagina, an they dont think it can go anywhere else.thats what most of the cancer and illness people die from is attributed to . doctors dont want you to know cause it would cut down big time on making money.  what you have to do is get back your good bacteria to keep the bad in check. antibiotic kills the good and the bad thats why alot of you feel worse after antibiotics cause it is just adding to it. what i do is take a high probiotic and organic apple cider vinegar to get my body back in check. but let me tell you it isnt going to happen overnight. it takes time.so im tired of hearing people say whats wrong with me and help me and the ones that had this and got better posted on here but still they didnt even read it and still asking for help.again there is no quick cure either live with it or read what others are saying and do something about it as today is as good as any to start.
try saline spray mist for congestion,  cough drops for the bad taste in the morning, drink plenty of clear water, and you might try mucinex for congestion also. These are low cost items. They will not cure you, but, you should feel much better. The saline spray can be used as often as needed without side effects, or addiction. Let me know how you turn out.
Yes! Hurts right behind the eyes in the socket it seems. especially when I roll my eyes back in my head (like whatever are connecting my eyes to my head are being stretched) does that make sense? Dreadful pain. But no mucus or fever.
And foggy in my head like I'm sort of buzzed. Advil Liquid Jels do't seem to work.
Did you just go to the ENT and say hey I want you to test me for this or how did this come about? How did you land on the idea that this is what it was that was making you sick?  How do I get mine to check me?  My ENT has already suggested that I have my deviated septum fixed and that I also have a cyst somewhere but the pressure all over my head and face and in my ears is unbareble. The pain behind my eyes makes me sick and nauseated and I'm dizzy all the time.  I even have hot flashes that come and go at this point and i've been this way for I don't know 5 years but I'ts been really bad this past 2 years.  I'm only 24 and I'm a school teacher and I'm missing work left and right.  I don't know what to tell my ENT but I want this problem fixed.  Your story caught my attention.  Thanks.

Jenifer
I know this post is old, but have you found any relief yet? I am having similar problems. No congestion or mucus, just bad pressure across face and down to my jaw and ears. It's going on 5 weeks now.
I know this forum was 5 yrs ago but did you find anything out about this? please let me know im desperate
I just currious how your husband got rid of the fiberglass inhalation? Did he have surgery on his deviated septum?
I too breathed some fiberglass dust insulation and also have a deviated septum and I am similar type sinus pressure?
my heart goes out to you!  Have you researched canida overgrowth? There are a number of causes - over use of anti-biotics, diet, etc.
hi muse i got exactly the same issues ive been on antibiotics sprays & other things and nothing is working, i feel light headed , dizzy, sick, so much pressure across my front of the head... shakes , sweats & more then i also suffer a panic attack on top of all this as i get myself worked up...ive been to the docs 5 times & each time they say its my sinuses but im so fed up of it , i got a little oy whos 2 and finding daily things hard work as i feel so dizzy each day, im going back to the docs this week & ask again what can be done cause i cant live each day like this , xx
I have head pressure for a few years now. When it first started happening I thought I was having a stroke. I have had ultiple MRI's and CT Scans done and the only thing they come up with is degenerating discs in my neck. I get a cloggy head feeling, which sometimes moves from one side to the other and can be very painful on my neck (right side)when it moves to the left the pain subsides. Today, my head feels like it is under pressure. I got some relief when I sneezed this morning, multiple times. I thought i was going crazy, at times I thought the doctors thought the same thing too, but the more posts I read the more I knew I was not alone. I am thinking this is allergies for me as when my husband and I go south I do not feel like this (we live in the north) and when it gets really cold, I am talking deep freeze cold I do get some relief. Right now though it is not cold, it keeps warming up here in New England.
I was wondering if you ever discovered anything regarding your sinus problem.  Cause or cure?
Hello
I don't know what type of problems your having, but I finally got rid of my sinus issues.  My problems were that my turbinates were swollen shut.  I had horrible head aches, also my septum was deviated. Ok went to the ENT.  Had surgery which went pretty good, not to bad.  Shrunk turbinates, straightened septum. Could finally breathe. Yeah, right? No. Head still hurts, even though I could breathe. Found out I had serious thyroid issues. Also almost all of my nutrients in my body were so low.  Ok here's what I did.  Started taking synthroid. It made my head hurt worst. I really became proactive. I started taking Alive liquid vitamins, also B12, magnesium, calcium, zinc, flax seed oil, and vitamin c 2500 aday. Ok that made me feel a bit better but head still hurt. Got my thyroid levels checked and found out my t3 levels were low. Doc started me on cytomel with synthroid. Guess what? I began to feel my sinuses heal, my headaches are gone. I couldn't believe it. I had headaches for a year. They are gone and I can breath.  It is possible that migraines, sinuses not healing and pressure in the head and eyes are caused by low vitamin d ( of which I'm taking 50,000 iu's ), b12, and also you may need to boost your serotonin by walnuts or if it is to bad, with antidepressants ( which I'm not a huge advocate of).  If your body is not healing properly, you have to ask why.  Our bodies were made to fight sickness and disease.  However there are medicines that can help us get put back together.  You have to do both. It really makes sense. Go get your vitamin levels checked and also your thyroid.  You could just be depleted or you could have a more serious issue like me. I was diagnosed with hashimotos which is an autoimmuned disease which kills your thyroid but is mostly triggered by stress and malnutrition.  Check it out. Hope this helps.
Hello
I recently turned 50 and as of Jan 5, 2013 have been experiencing many of the same symptoms as yoiu and others on this page. The first symptoms (that I noticed, anyway) started with some confusion and feeling in a dream-like state. It was almost like having waking dreams. Went to the hospital and they did a ct-scan and bloodwork and found nothing. Told me it was anxiety. Followed up with my doctor who thought it might be migraines but in the meantime talked to a neurologist who ordered an MRI (which came back flawless) and a 24-hr EEG which was just done last week and I have no results for yet. I will see an ear/nose/throat specialist this week because with all this, I have the sense of some pressure in my sinuses. Not always and I have no other typical sinus infection symptoms like discharge, though I have occassionally had a little blood when I blow my nose since early January. Also I had an earache the other night and a couple of weeks ago I had some jaw ache at that joint. Other major symptoms include blurry vision, constant tinnitus, and the fog and difficulty concentrating that everyone here mentions. I am sorry that your wife thinks you are a hypochondriac. I have people in my life that think the same even though I am not someone who runs to the doctor for every minor ache and pain.

Interestingly, I also have chiropractic issues and have been seeing a chirpractor since September who has had me doing traction to correct the loss of curve in my neck. My original symptoms for that were "pins and needles" tingling into my left arm. The work they have been doing has corrected that and I only started having these new problems in January. Wondering if there is a connection, and if so, whether the chiropractor work has any bearing.
Just wondering if you have any recent updates?
I have been doing much better since I got on the right thyroid medicine. My nose even after surgery felt like there was still a problem like tightness, a swollen feeling, headaches, no drainage, just weird. I'm currently on 88 mcg of levoxyl. When I first took my meds I literally could feel a rush go through my head. It was almost like the pressure was lifting. My nose began to feel open. Now let me say that the process I went through when first starting thyroid meds was hard. My ears would ring, my eyes were so blurry I couldn't see. I was and still am terribly emotional. I believe that I got sick and because my thyroid wasn't working properly my nose wouldn't heal. Who would have known. It is getting better. I believe my body has to adjust to synthetic hormones which is an awful process. But I see the light. It's getting closer. Im assuming it will get much better as time goes on.
Please write back ***@**** can you please write back..i have the same symptoms Thank you.
I just found this thread and decided I would post on it in case others in the same situation find it as well. I have been sick for 5 months now, first it started as a cold that my GP gave me antibiotics for, then it was an ear infection which led another antibiotic, next was a sinus infection that I was given a zpack and nasal spray for, after having all this back to back and the sinus infection lasting over a month I was sent to an ENT who gave me steroids and did a CT scan that showed I have a slight deviated septum but no impacted sinuses or anything, next I began coughing which led to a pulmonologist who said I had bronchitis which, you guessed it, led to more antibiotics. Not long after started the non stop brain rattling tinnitus which caused such bad migraines I landed in the hospital twice, once from fainting and once from the pain which subsided for a couple if hours after being given morphine and benedryl. My symptoms that never once went away throughout the entire five months are: foggy brain, memory problems, extreme fatigue even when I wake up, sinus pressure, dizziness and irritability. There are many times that I feel very depressed, I have not talked to friends or family in months, I cannot work and I am a complete and utter ***** to my husband because I am simply miserable at all times. However I do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel, I just have to find it. My ENT doctor has told me that the foggy head, full feeling in head, memory loss are all symptoms of the sinuses being full, there's not a lot of room up there so when all that pressure builds it has effects on the nerves and such that surround it. I have an appointment next week with a neurologist just for peice of mind that i have had every test done under the sun but my ENT has scheduled an operation on my sinuses, I forget the name but its where the blow a balloon up in your sinuses so they can properly drain. Google it, supposedly it's a miracle cure for people in my situation, I pray it works. All my blood work, cat scans, MRI's, EKG's, EEG's, hearing tests, vertigo tests have all come back normal which is why my doctor thinks its sinuses. Supposedly it's the easiest to misdiagnose and overlook because you can have so many symptoms without the doctors being able to see anything a lot of the times. Here's a few things I have learned in the past couple months from talking to doctors and nurses: My tinnitus is constant and can sound like a jet engine going through my head which leads to a horrible headache between my eyes, it can be caused from anything from antibiotics to loud noises to fluid build up. If you have fluid build up from a recent sinus infection ect, drink a lot of water CONSTANTLY, it will thin the gunk in your ears, rinse your nose with a neti pot, this will also help thin the mucus. Take benedryl to help with your headache and to promote drainage. Sudafed- gods cure for all. I am currently living off benedryl, sudafed, the neti pot and morphine when my headaches become debilitating. My headaches are more than likely caused from sinus pressure, sudafed and the neti pot help a lot but there's still sometimes where it gets bad and that's when the migraines get worse. Mine are so bad that I get an aura that causes my face and tongue to go numb, my scalp prickles and I could literally chop my head off if I was able to move, they say to lay in a dark quiet room for as many hours as it takes but because I have tinnitus quiet places make it worse so instead I take a benedryl, a pain pill, lay in a dark room and find a soothing music channel to listen to just loud enough to drain out the ringing in my ears. What's weird is that throughout this entire thing I've never had any thick mucus or yucky green stuff come out of my head so I disregarded a sinus infection for a long time but don't overlook it, supposedly that happens a lot. I encourage everyone to not only go to an ENT but find one that will actually listen to you, the first one I went to wouldn't listen to me and kept disregarding my symptoms so I just walked out, doctors like that will never help so don't take crap from somebody your paying good money to see. I'll try to post back after my balloon surgery, I'm told the symptoms start going away immediately after surgery. Fingers crossed*
Hi Jenn
Just a word of advice. All of the medicine can weaken and lower your immune system. A lot of times we focus on the symptoms and not the true issue. The surgery will help. I had turbinate reduction surgery because my body would not heal. I found out why and now my focus is health to prevent this from reoccurring. Take care of your gut. That's where the problems truly begin. God bless your surgery.
Happy breathing :)!
any update post balloon sinuplasty???have similar symptoms and am scheduled for the same procedure
Good Morning,

I had the balloon sinuplasty last Thursday so...5 days ago and so far so good. I opted to be awake because I thought I could be a badass, my doctor told me to take an anxiety pill for the procedure and I did one better by taking a migraine pill I have that treats pain and anxiety and a word of advice if you do it awake don't be afraid to get loopy on meds because its a little nail biting knowing what's happening. My biggest word of advice wether your sedated or not is take a pain pill as soon as possible after the procedure, the only day I had pain was the day of, after that it was a cake walk but I messed up by waiting to see how bad the pain was before taking medicine. I just started breathing out of my nose two days ago and I can tell there's still some inflammation but my neti pot helps 100%, I would definitely not go through this again if I didn't have one. You're not supposed to blow your nose the first two days and you'll really want to because you'll feel like you have a nasty cold but please don't. I did because again I think I'm a badass and not only was it extremely painful but I broke blood clots loose and had a bad nosebleed. Try your best to sleep propped up so the congestion isn't so bad and keep lots of fluids and Chapstick by the bed because I learned mouth breathing is no fun and I kept waking up dying for thirst and with chapped lips. After the third day I started using my neti pot and it helped to flush out all the dry blood, I'm still dealing with it but not much anymore, the first two days was nothing but blood drainage and its so disgusting, keeps lots of kleenex handy, mine was so bad the first day that it felt like i had strep throat but apple juice practically cured that although I think I drank three bottles of it. There's lots of little tricks I learned in the past few days and I'm trying to remember them all because I really wished somebody had told me about them but all in all I'm doing good. My head cloudiness from the sinus infection was gone in two days and i was up and  running errands around town, my pain was ONLY the first few hours after the procedure, I never felt pain after that unless I caused it by accident and although I'm still swollen inside its amazing how I can smell and taste things better and breathe better than I did before I even had a sinus infection. It's worth it, it's a little annoying the first couple days but you should spend the first two days in bed anyway. I wish you well, remember its not a big procedure, in fact mine was over in thirty minutes and twenty of them were spent just waiting around so they knew my nose was numb, no swelling, no bruising and totally worth it!
Can you tell me how much apple cider vinegar you take and how often?  I'll gladly give this a try. Thank you.
Hi Toni ... I just started seeing a naturopath/homeopath and am making changes to my diet. Just wondering if you had success with this path. Thanks.
Oh my word! This is me!!! I've been wondering whether I'm a 'special case' because I've been for blood work, numerous ENT's, Gastroentorologists even a Neuropsychologist but to no avail.

Though there's no relief to my issue, it's somewhat 'comforting' to know there are people out there experiencing the same problems and stay hopeful that I will one day find relief.

I'm a 28 year old male from South Africa and have been suffering the exact same sysmptoms all year round for about 3 to 4 years now.
I am now closing out my 6th month of this condition and am so tired of feeling less than myself. In all my researching months ago I came across a web site from a guy who had dizziness and other symptoms I have had that apparently ended up being a misalignment between his skull, C1 and C3 vertebras. (see www.upcspine.com). This seemed plausible to me because in the four months that preceded this all starting for me (January)  I had been seeing a chiropractor for tingling/numbness in my left arm and hand. Since finding his web site I have already seen a new chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical spine and am now about to see another. Early in my saga I was diagnosed by an ENT, after a VNG, as having bilateral hypoactive vestibulopathy but an ear specialist who came highly recommended by several area doctors looked at the results and disagreed. He conducted an ECOG--where they put inserts down into your ear canals right next to the eardrums and make loud clicking noises for about 15 minutes (each ear) and monitor the response with sensors that are attached to your head--and concluded that there is excess fluid in the inner ear causing pressure. I have been on a diuretic and a low-sodium diet for 8 weeks now that is intended to dry things out but it's not clear to me that it is working and frankly it doesn't explain all the other symptoms I have had, hence my continuation down the chiropractor path. I have also taken to seeing naturopaths and healers of various sorts including a Ayurvevdic practitioner.

Meanwhile, I have seen every specialist that you can possibly see and have had every medical screening imaginable. They all have thrown up their arms and told me to see a psychiatrist. It's really frustrating when you know that there is something really wrong.

Another possibility in all this is that it could be a virus. The reason I wonder about this is that early on I thought I might have the flu because I felt so run down and a sense of general malaise with blurry vision. During all this I learned that my housekeeper who only comes to clean my house once a month for just a couple of hours had started having similar symptoms (he is now several months into it). I wondered about my house and installed carbon monoxide detectors, had the gas appliances checked for slow leaks, and even had an expensive mold inspection done when I found a mushroom growing inside the window sill because water had apparently been leaking into the wall from outside and there was a crack between the window frame and window sill for it to grow out of. The air quality checked out okay but in any event it really doesn't make much sense that they house would be the cause since my housekeeper spends such little time in the house ... either he should not be as impacted (our symptoms have been very similar) or I should have been much worse off. Next I learned that a friend of a friend also suffered with something very similar for about 3 months before it cleared up. Her symptoms didn't mirror mine as much as my housekeepers do, but interestingly she was also diagnosed by an ENT as having excess fluid in the inner ear. She took Sudafed and Afrin as directed on the boxes for 2 weeks and it seems to have cleared up. I now just learned from a friend that she experienced recurring dizziness for many months during and after having a baby a year or two ago. Having never before been pregnant, she thought it was due to physical/hormonal changes but always suspected a virus. Her symptoms were somewhat similar.

So I don't know what to think. I will continue down the chiropractic path because I do have some other issues that require it and in the hopes that the dizziness may somehow be related. Meanwhile I have started blasting my body with raw organic fruit/vegetable smoothies to try to give my body all the nutrients it needs to heal, from whatever it is. I sure hope that someday I get back to myself. I miss myself and my life as it was.
could have written your post myself...have you found out anything yet??
No. But I think I may be onto something. I am going to next post a comment to All. Look for it.
All,

After 9 months of struggling with this, I have had some improvement of some symptoms that may only be my condition in remission before relapsing (some symptoms definitely come and go) or might be thanks to modifying my diet which I will comment on further in a moment. I still have no diagnosis but I may be onto something.

I have recently met several individuals who were all diagnosed with Lyme disease. Now, I had been tested more than once for Lyme and the results were negative. So had these people. What I am learning is that LD is a highly controversial and political topic in the US with the medical community divided between those who believe it is "hard to get and easy to cure" thanks to guidelines published by the CDC and IDSA that essentially suggest that unless you live in certain geographical regions it is unlikely you could get LD but if you test positive using the standard lab tests approved by the FDA, you can be rid of LD with 2-4 weeks of antibiotics. They state that there is no such thing as chronic LD. Course most of the panel of 12 that published the guidelines had conflicts of interest and should never have been a part of the panel. For more detail, visit www.ILADS.org and/or see the documentary "Under Our Skin." I found it online on Vudu. I understand it is also on Amazon Prime.

The short of it is that even if you don't recall being bitten by a tick or having the signature "bull's-eye" rash (fewer than 50% of people with LD do recall this) and even if you have been tested by your GP, you could still have Lyme. Most doctors aren't very knowledgeable about Lyme and  the standard tests (which are then sent to labs who don't know how to accurately test for Lyme) won't reveal it. If you have symptoms listed on the ILADS web site (http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines_summary.html) you may want to consider doing a search for "Lyme literate doctors" in your area. Besides that list, somewhere on the site there is another list that is 2 pages long. It is pretty inclusive and if you check off a handful it probably doesn't mean much. I check off the majority so I'm pretty convinced. I will know in three weeks (how long it takes for the blood tests).

Diet: I instinctively started removing certain things from my diet months ago which may have contributed to the improvements I have seen but there is a book by a Dr. Nikola called "The Lyme Diet" you can get from Amazon that is very helpful. Essentials: no gluten, no alcohol, no caffeine, no sugar. High protein, lots of veggies, low carbs with no simple grains.

Hope this helps someone.

Please please could you let me know if your problem was sorted. i have had all the problems on this site for 4 yrs and just don't feel the docs understand. Thanks Debs
Hello
What are your problems?  I can share with you my experience and yes it is better. Not completely but almost 90%. It no longer bothers me as much. Let me know and hopefully I can help.
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your husband?  My husband has the same exact thing.  He gets dizzy and when he does, he is like a completely different person.
I want to share with you all that I did in fact test positive for Lyme Disease. Please read my previous posts on this thread to be reminded of my symptoms but especially the one to which I am now replying to understand the challenge to getting properly diagnosed. It is possible that a good number of you may be infected, even if you have seen a regular doctor who conducted a standard Lyme test and it came back negative. I was tested twice before with negative results. You have to find a Lyme literate doctor in your area to be properly tested. Go to the ILADS web site to find a Lyme literate doctor in your area. Good luck to everyone.
Feeling drunk all day could be an overgrowth of candida, which is some kind of fungus naturally occuring in the body.  Also, I had dizziness for a few years that sort of felt like drunkeness and it turned out to be food allergies to gluten/wheat, dairy/beef, and soy/peanut.  Try eliminating these foods for two weeks and see what happens.  It could be other foods as well.  Maybe worth seeing a Naturopath or Integrative Medicine MD if you can find one in your area.
Yes, as it turns out Lyme patients tend to have fungal infections, parasites, and viruses on top of the bacteria that causes LD. The Lyme diet I have been on since mid September is gluten-free, dairy-free, low glycemic and no alcohol or wine. Takes a bit of the luster out of life but I have seen some improvement especially with my sinuses and that drunken sensation (I have heard it referred to as "de-realization") is not as bad as it once was. But make no mistake, I tested positive for LD and that is at the root of all of my issues. I would highly recommend those on this thread to visit the ILADS.org web site and hunt down the 2 page PDF that lists the symptoms and if you have a good majority of them, request the names of Lyme literate doctors for your region so you can get a reliable test done.

I have seen naturopaths and all sorts of alternative medicine types. I will continue to look to them for options to the hardcore, long-term antibiotics that I am guessing the LD specialist is going to recommend when I see him at the end of the month.  Thanks.
I'm so please I found this thread! I've had perennial allergic rhinitis all my life (I'm 42), along with asthma and this year have had three nasty bouts of sinusitis, with several doses of antibiotics to boot.  These were all classed as 'normal' sinus infections but this last week I've had almost identical symptoms, hideous sinus pain/pressure, but dry nose, no mucus, just pain in my head which goes into my neck and back.  I too feel foggy and have dragged myself to work every day feeling rough.

I saw the doctor on Wednesday who has now referred me to ENT, but I'm curious about all the other suggestions so am going to cut out dairy and see if that helps, also visit my local Chinese herbalist as an alternative. I live in the UK so I'm likely to find my own cure quicker than the NHS will.
So today I went to my local chinese herbalist and had acupuncture, this along with pressure massage on my head has cleared my pressure! I don't know how long this will last, they have suggested further treatment and herbal medicinal drinks, I think the total would be around £500. I'm so relieved to have the pressure gone I have to find the money to continue!
I had suffered from a feeling of pressure up into my ears, blurred vision and head fog and a constant feeling of motion sickness for about 3 months. I had no real congestion, nasal drip or breathing issues. I figured something could be up with my neck which was putting pressure on my scull in a weird way which seemed to in turn put pressure on my sinus tubes.
I was feeling crossed between sea sick and hungover but with hearing loss and weird blurry vision.
Today I sniffed hottish very salty water up my nose which was really sore the first time I did it but within about 10 mins my vision was clearer and the spinny feeling was almost gone. I have done it a couple of times since and the spinny feeling has still stayed away and with it the nausea. Hooray!  Fingers crossed.  I wish I had done this 3 months ago.  Funny thing is I didn't for a second think I had a sinus infection as had had doc check my ears and say they were fine. I hope this helps some of you. Antihistamines only make it even worse once they wear off in my experience and antibiotics are made to fight something that this type of thing is not.
These are the symptoms of sever sinus or stress problems.  Don't worry it is not a life threatening thing but very annoying.  
To anyone who is suffering from dizziness ,it could possibly be the little crystals attached to the end of hair like stems in the inner ear break of and float in the ear.  This happened to me and can happen to anyone.  My ENT doc prescribed epley maneuvers which took care of the benign positional vertigo.  Unfortunately I was given a diruretic which took most sodium from my body and put me into icu near death.  As a result I have tinnitus which makes my ears ring 24/7.  I decided to read anything I could find regarding sinus pressure, headaches and sometimes a little brain fog and also off balance.  I changed my diet by watching sodium intake, sugar, caffine,
Aspartame which is artificial sweetener and omitted dairy.  I have never been over weight, smoked or drink alchohal.  However I do have great times by going to parties, golf and walk a fast paced 3 miles each day. To conclude my post, my doctor who is medical and intergrative medicine has found my thyroid is possibly the ear ringing plus a few other issues.  I suggest put your self in a educated position regarding your health so one is able to tell the doctors info from a medical standpoint.  If you have the knowledge you also have the power to help heal yourself.  My best to all of you and hey, don,t forget about our lord who gives the strength.