Can Sinus Cause Constant Head Pressure Without Other Symptoms?
Background: Retired from the Army in Nov and had a complete physical. Everything was fine except for lower back degenerative disk diease and mild hearing loss. All bloodwork was normal. Took a job in Iraq where I am currently. Arrived in Feb. In Jun, I was sick with extreme fatigue, headaches, and dizziness. Saw a doctor in Jul and was given OTC headache meds. They did bloodwork that came back normal. Since that time I have had daily head pressure and tinnitus. The tinnitus comes and goes and can be really loud and annoying. Visited another doctor in Sep who thought it might be an allergic reaction and was given zyrtec for a month. No change with the head pressure. Saw an ENT in Oct who feels that it just a left-over from whatever made me ill in Jun and thinks it will get better with time. Have had this for 5 months.

NOTE: I am 44 and had never had a headache prior to this. Have never had any TMJ problems. Tinnitus was never a problem. Never noticed any allergies before this. Never had sinus problems. Am in decent health and walk daily for 45 minutes. Thought it might be some sort of reaction to something here in Iraq but do not have typical allergy or sinus symptoms.  

Questions: 1) Can sinus cause the daily head pressure and tinnitus? No pain, just a heavy and tight feeling from my eyebrows, temples to the back of my head. Wake up with it. Only goes away when outside exercising. Constant dust inside and outside this place with pollution. Extreme heat going from AC into 120 degree. Has cooled off now, but symptoms remain.  

Wake up people a couple hit it on the button for most of you. It is yeast overgrowth. If you want help then listen. I had it for 5 yrs after i got dehydrated and had every test done imaginable and put out lots and lots of money. i was never sick till then. when the bad bacteria takes over the good bacteria in your body it does wreck your whole body. i had all the crazy symptoms.pressure in head, ears ringing and felt blocked. I had perfect eyes till this and then numerous floaters and blurry visionalso had panic attacks, numbness,rashes tingling  and crawling skin and burning skin sensation doctors are not worth a damn as they dont reconize yeast overgrowth except as thrush and in the vagina, an they dont think it can go anywhere else.thats what most of the cancer and illness people die from is attributed to . doctors dont want you to know cause it would cut down big time on making money.  what you have to do is get back your good bacteria to keep the bad in check. antibiotic kills the good and the bad thats why alot of you feel worse after antibiotics cause it is just adding to it. what i do is take a high probiotic and organic apple cider vinegar to get my body back in check. but let me tell you it isnt going to happen overnight. it takes time.so im tired of hearing people say whats wrong with me and help me and the ones that had this and got better posted on here but still they didnt even read it and still asking for help.again there is no quick cure either live with it or read what others are saying and do something about it as today is as good as any to start.
try saline spray mist for congestion,  cough drops for the bad taste in the morning, drink plenty of clear water, and you might try mucinex for congestion also. These are low cost items. They will not cure you, but, you should feel much better. The saline spray can be used as often as needed without side effects, or addiction. Let me know how you turn out.
Yes! Hurts right behind the eyes in the socket it seems. especially when I roll my eyes back in my head (like whatever are connecting my eyes to my head are being stretched) does that make sense? Dreadful pain. But no mucus or fever.
And foggy in my head like I'm sort of buzzed. Advil Liquid Jels do't seem to work.
Did you just go to the ENT and say hey I want you to test me for this or how did this come about? How did you land on the idea that this is what it was that was making you sick?  How do I get mine to check me?  My ENT has already suggested that I have my deviated septum fixed and that I also have a cyst somewhere but the pressure all over my head and face and in my ears is unbareble. The pain behind my eyes makes me sick and nauseated and I'm dizzy all the time.  I even have hot flashes that come and go at this point and i've been this way for I don't know 5 years but I'ts been really bad this past 2 years.  I'm only 24 and I'm a school teacher and I'm missing work left and right.  I don't know what to tell my ENT but I want this problem fixed.  Your story caught my attention.  Thanks.

Jenifer
I know this post is old, but have you found any relief yet? I am having similar problems. No congestion or mucus, just bad pressure across face and down to my jaw and ears. It's going on 5 weeks now.
I know this forum was 5 yrs ago but did you find anything out about this? please let me know im desperate
I just currious how your husband got rid of the fiberglass inhalation? Did he have surgery on his deviated septum?
I too breathed some fiberglass dust insulation and also have a deviated septum and I am similar type sinus pressure?
my heart goes out to you!  Have you researched canida overgrowth? There are a number of causes - over use of anti-biotics, diet, etc.
hi muse i got exactly the same issues ive been on antibiotics sprays & other things and nothing is working, i feel light headed , dizzy, sick, so much pressure across my front of the head... shakes , sweats & more then i also suffer a panic attack on top of all this as i get myself worked up...ive been to the docs 5 times & each time they say its my sinuses but im so fed up of it , i got a little oy whos 2 and finding daily things hard work as i feel so dizzy each day, im going back to the docs this week & ask again what can be done cause i cant live each day like this , xx
I have head pressure for a few years now. When it first started happening I thought I was having a stroke. I have had ultiple MRI's and CT Scans done and the only thing they come up with is degenerating discs in my neck. I get a cloggy head feeling, which sometimes moves from one side to the other and can be very painful on my neck (right side)when it moves to the left the pain subsides. Today, my head feels like it is under pressure. I got some relief when I sneezed this morning, multiple times. I thought i was going crazy, at times I thought the doctors thought the same thing too, but the more posts I read the more I knew I was not alone. I am thinking this is allergies for me as when my husband and I go south I do not feel like this (we live in the north) and when it gets really cold, I am talking deep freeze cold I do get some relief. Right now though it is not cold, it keeps warming up here in New England.
I was wondering if you ever discovered anything regarding your sinus problem.  Cause or cure?
Hello
I don't know what type of problems your having, but I finally got rid of my sinus issues.  My problems were that my turbinates were swollen shut.  I had horrible head aches, also my septum was deviated. Ok went to the ENT.  Had surgery which went pretty good, not to bad.  Shrunk turbinates, straightened septum. Could finally breathe. Yeah, right? No. Head still hurts, even though I could breathe. Found out I had serious thyroid issues. Also almost all of my nutrients in my body were so low.  Ok here's what I did.  Started taking synthroid. It made my head hurt worst. I really became proactive. I started taking Alive liquid vitamins, also B12, magnesium, calcium, zinc, flax seed oil, and vitamin c 2500 aday. Ok that made me feel a bit better but head still hurt. Got my thyroid levels checked and found out my t3 levels were low. Doc started me on cytomel with synthroid. Guess what? I began to feel my sinuses heal, my headaches are gone. I couldn't believe it. I had headaches for a year. They are gone and I can breath.  It is possible that migraines, sinuses not healing and pressure in the head and eyes are caused by low vitamin d ( of which I'm taking 50,000 iu's ), b12, and also you may need to boost your serotonin by walnuts or if it is to bad, with antidepressants ( which I'm not a huge advocate of).  If your body is not healing properly, you have to ask why.  Our bodies were made to fight sickness and disease.  However there are medicines that can help us get put back together.  You have to do both. It really makes sense. Go get your vitamin levels checked and also your thyroid.  You could just be depleted or you could have a more serious issue like me. I was diagnosed with hashimotos which is an autoimmuned disease which kills your thyroid but is mostly triggered by stress and malnutrition.  Check it out. Hope this helps.
Hello
I recently turned 50 and as of Jan 5, 2013 have been experiencing many of the same symptoms as yoiu and others on this page. The first symptoms (that I noticed, anyway) started with some confusion and feeling in a dream-like state. It was almost like having waking dreams. Went to the hospital and they did a ct-scan and bloodwork and found nothing. Told me it was anxiety. Followed up with my doctor who thought it might be migraines but in the meantime talked to a neurologist who ordered an MRI (which came back flawless) and a 24-hr EEG which was just done last week and I have no results for yet. I will see an ear/nose/throat specialist this week because with all this, I have the sense of some pressure in my sinuses. Not always and I have no other typical sinus infection symptoms like discharge, though I have occassionally had a little blood when I blow my nose since early January. Also I had an earache the other night and a couple of weeks ago I had some jaw ache at that joint. Other major symptoms include blurry vision, constant tinnitus, and the fog and difficulty concentrating that everyone here mentions. I am sorry that your wife thinks you are a hypochondriac. I have people in my life that think the same even though I am not someone who runs to the doctor for every minor ache and pain.

Interestingly, I also have chiropractic issues and have been seeing a chirpractor since September who has had me doing traction to correct the loss of curve in my neck. My original symptoms for that were "pins and needles" tingling into my left arm. The work they have been doing has corrected that and I only started having these new problems in January. Wondering if there is a connection, and if so, whether the chiropractor work has any bearing.
Just wondering if you have any recent updates?
I have been doing much better since I got on the right thyroid medicine. My nose even after surgery felt like there was still a problem like tightness, a swollen feeling, headaches, no drainage, just weird. I'm currently on 88 mcg of levoxyl. When I first took my meds I literally could feel a rush go through my head. It was almost like the pressure was lifting. My nose began to feel open. Now let me say that the process I went through when first starting thyroid meds was hard. My ears would ring, my eyes were so blurry I couldn't see. I was and still am terribly emotional. I believe that I got sick and because my thyroid wasn't working properly my nose wouldn't heal. Who would have known. It is getting better. I believe my body has to adjust to synthetic hormones which is an awful process. But I see the light. It's getting closer. Im assuming it will get much better as time goes on.
Please write back ***@**** can you please write back..i have the same symptoms Thank you.
I just found this thread and decided I would post on it in case others in the same situation find it as well. I have been sick for 5 months now, first it started as a cold that my GP gave me antibiotics for, then it was an ear infection which led another antibiotic, next was a sinus infection that I was given a zpack and nasal spray for, after having all this back to back and the sinus infection lasting over a month I was sent to an ENT who gave me steroids and did a CT scan that showed I have a slight deviated septum but no impacted sinuses or anything, next I began coughing which led to a pulmonologist who said I had bronchitis which, you guessed it, led to more antibiotics. Not long after started the non stop brain rattling tinnitus which caused such bad migraines I landed in the hospital twice, once from fainting and once from the pain which subsided for a couple if hours after being given morphine and benedryl. My symptoms that never once went away throughout the entire five months are: foggy brain, memory problems, extreme fatigue even when I wake up, sinus pressure, dizziness and irritability. There are many times that I feel very depressed, I have not talked to friends or family in months, I cannot work and I am a complete and utter ***** to my husband because I am simply miserable at all times. However I do believe there is light at the end of the tunnel, I just have to find it. My ENT doctor has told me that the foggy head, full feeling in head, memory loss are all symptoms of the sinuses being full, there's not a lot of room up there so when all that pressure builds it has effects on the nerves and such that surround it. I have an appointment next week with a neurologist just for peice of mind that i have had every test done under the sun but my ENT has scheduled an operation on my sinuses, I forget the name but its where the blow a balloon up in your sinuses so they can properly drain. Google it, supposedly it's a miracle cure for people in my situation, I pray it works. All my blood work, cat scans, MRI's, EKG's, EEG's, hearing tests, vertigo tests have all come back normal which is why my doctor thinks its sinuses. Supposedly it's the easiest to misdiagnose and overlook because you can have so many symptoms without the doctors being able to see anything a lot of the times. Here's a few things I have learned in the past couple months from talking to doctors and nurses: My tinnitus is constant and can sound like a jet engine going through my head which leads to a horrible headache between my eyes, it can be caused from anything from antibiotics to loud noises to fluid build up. If you have fluid build up from a recent sinus infection ect, drink a lot of water CONSTANTLY, it will thin the gunk in your ears, rinse your nose with a neti pot, this will also help thin the mucus. Take benedryl to help with your headache and to promote drainage. Sudafed- gods cure for all. I am currently living off benedryl, sudafed, the neti pot and morphine when my headaches become debilitating. My headaches are more than likely caused from sinus pressure, sudafed and the neti pot help a lot but there's still sometimes where it gets bad and that's when the migraines get worse. Mine are so bad that I get an aura that causes my face and tongue to go numb, my scalp prickles and I could literally chop my head off if I was able to move, they say to lay in a dark quiet room for as many hours as it takes but because I have tinnitus quiet places make it worse so instead I take a benedryl, a pain pill, lay in a dark room and find a soothing music channel to listen to just loud enough to drain out the ringing in my ears. What's weird is that throughout this entire thing I've never had any thick mucus or yucky green stuff come out of my head so I disregarded a sinus infection for a long time but don't overlook it, supposedly that happens a lot. I encourage everyone to not only go to an ENT but find one that will actually listen to you, the first one I went to wouldn't listen to me and kept disregarding my symptoms so I just walked out, doctors like that will never help so don't take crap from somebody your paying good money to see. I'll try to post back after my balloon surgery, I'm told the symptoms start going away immediately after surgery. Fingers crossed*
Hi Jenn
Just a word of advice. All of the medicine can weaken and lower your immune system. A lot of times we focus on the symptoms and not the true issue. The surgery will help. I had turbinate reduction surgery because my body would not heal. I found out why and now my focus is health to prevent this from reoccurring. Take care of your gut. That's where the problems truly begin. God bless your surgery.
Happy breathing :)!
any update post balloon sinuplasty???have similar symptoms and am scheduled for the same procedure
Good Morning,

I had the balloon sinuplasty last Thursday so...5 days ago and so far so good. I opted to be awake because I thought I could be a badass, my doctor told me to take an anxiety pill for the procedure and I did one better by taking a migraine pill I have that treats pain and anxiety and a word of advice if you do it awake don't be afraid to get loopy on meds because its a little nail biting knowing what's happening. My biggest word of advice wether your sedated or not is take a pain pill as soon as possible after the procedure, the only day I had pain was the day of, after that it was a cake walk but I messed up by waiting to see how bad the pain was before taking medicine. I just started breathing out of my nose two days ago and I can tell there's still some inflammation but my neti pot helps 100%, I would definitely not go through this again if I didn't have one. You're not supposed to blow your nose the first two days and you'll really want to because you'll feel like you have a nasty cold but please don't. I did because again I think I'm a badass and not only was it extremely painful but I broke blood clots loose and had a bad nosebleed. Try your best to sleep propped up so the congestion isn't so bad and keep lots of fluids and Chapstick by the bed because I learned mouth breathing is no fun and I kept waking up dying for thirst and with chapped lips. After the third day I started using my neti pot and it helped to flush out all the dry blood, I'm still dealing with it but not much anymore, the first two days was nothing but blood drainage and its so disgusting, keeps lots of kleenex handy, mine was so bad the first day that it felt like i had strep throat but apple juice practically cured that although I think I drank three bottles of it. There's lots of little tricks I learned in the past few days and I'm trying to remember them all because I really wished somebody had told me about them but all in all I'm doing good. My head cloudiness from the sinus infection was gone in two days and i was up and  running errands around town, my pain was ONLY the first few hours after the procedure, I never felt pain after that unless I caused it by accident and although I'm still swollen inside its amazing how I can smell and taste things better and breathe better than I did before I even had a sinus infection. It's worth it, it's a little annoying the first couple days but you should spend the first two days in bed anyway. I wish you well, remember its not a big procedure, in fact mine was over in thirty minutes and twenty of them were spent just waiting around so they knew my nose was numb, no swelling, no bruising and totally worth it!
Can you tell me how much apple cider vinegar you take and how often?  I'll gladly give this a try. Thank you.
Hi Toni ... I just started seeing a naturopath/homeopath and am making changes to my diet. Just wondering if you had success with this path. Thanks.
Oh my word! This is me!!! I've been wondering whether I'm a 'special case' because I've been for blood work, numerous ENT's, Gastroentorologists even a Neuropsychologist but to no avail.

Though there's no relief to my issue, it's somewhat 'comforting' to know there are people out there experiencing the same problems and stay hopeful that I will one day find relief.

I'm a 28 year old male from South Africa and have been suffering the exact same sysmptoms all year round for about 3 to 4 years now.
I am now closing out my 6th month of this condition and am so tired of feeling less than myself. In all my researching months ago I came across a web site from a guy who had dizziness and other symptoms I have had that apparently ended up being a misalignment between his skull, C1 and C3 vertebras. (see www.upcspine.com). This seemed plausible to me because in the four months that preceded this all starting for me (January)  I had been seeing a chiropractor for tingling/numbness in my left arm and hand. Since finding his web site I have already seen a new chiropractor that specializes in upper cervical spine and am now about to see another. Early in my saga I was diagnosed by an ENT, after a VNG, as having bilateral hypoactive vestibulopathy but an ear specialist who came highly recommended by several area doctors looked at the results and disagreed. He conducted an ECOG--where they put inserts down into your ear canals right next to the eardrums and make loud clicking noises for about 15 minutes (each ear) and monitor the response with sensors that are attached to your head--and concluded that there is excess fluid in the inner ear causing pressure. I have been on a diuretic and a low-sodium diet for 8 weeks now that is intended to dry things out but it's not clear to me that it is working and frankly it doesn't explain all the other symptoms I have had, hence my continuation down the chiropractor path. I have also taken to seeing naturopaths and healers of various sorts including a Ayurvevdic practitioner.

Meanwhile, I have seen every specialist that you can possibly see and have had every medical screening imaginable. They all have thrown up their arms and told me to see a psychiatrist. It's really frustrating when you know that there is something really wrong.

Another possibility in all this is that it could be a virus. The reason I wonder about this is that early on I thought I might have the flu because I felt so run down and a sense of general malaise with blurry vision. During all this I learned that my housekeeper who only comes to clean my house once a month for just a couple of hours had started having similar symptoms (he is now several months into it). I wondered about my house and installed carbon monoxide detectors, had the gas appliances checked for slow leaks, and even had an expensive mold inspection done when I found a mushroom growing inside the window sill because water had apparently been leaking into the wall from outside and there was a crack between the window frame and window sill for it to grow out of. The air quality checked out okay but in any event it really doesn't make much sense that they house would be the cause since my housekeeper spends such little time in the house ... either he should not be as impacted (our symptoms have been very similar) or I should have been much worse off. Next I learned that a friend of a friend also suffered with something very similar for about 3 months before it cleared up. Her symptoms didn't mirror mine as much as my housekeepers do, but interestingly she was also diagnosed by an ENT as having excess fluid in the inner ear. She took Sudafed and Afrin as directed on the boxes for 2 weeks and it seems to have cleared up. I now just learned from a friend that she experienced recurring dizziness for many months during and after having a baby a year or two ago. Having never before been pregnant, she thought it was due to physical/hormonal changes but always suspected a virus. Her symptoms were somewhat similar.

So I don't know what to think. I will continue down the chiropractic path because I do have some other issues that require it and in the hopes that the dizziness may somehow be related. Meanwhile I have started blasting my body with raw organic fruit/vegetable smoothies to try to give my body all the nutrients it needs to heal, from whatever it is. I sure hope that someday I get back to myself. I miss myself and my life as it was.
could have written your post myself...have you found out anything yet??
No. But I think I may be onto something. I am going to next post a comment to All. Look for it.
All,

After 9 months of struggling with this, I have had some improvement of some symptoms that may only be my condition in remission before relapsing (some symptoms definitely come and go) or might be thanks to modifying my diet which I will comment on further in a moment. I still have no diagnosis but I may be onto something.

I have recently met several individuals who were all diagnosed with Lyme disease. Now, I had been tested more than once for Lyme and the results were negative. So had these people. What I am learning is that LD is a highly controversial and political topic in the US with the medical community divided between those who believe it is "hard to get and easy to cure" thanks to guidelines published by the CDC and IDSA that essentially suggest that unless you live in certain geographical regions it is unlikely you could get LD but if you test positive using the standard lab tests approved by the FDA, you can be rid of LD with 2-4 weeks of antibiotics. They state that there is no such thing as chronic LD. Course most of the panel of 12 that published the guidelines had conflicts of interest and should never have been a part of the panel. For more detail, visit www.ILADS.org and/or see the documentary "Under Our Skin." I found it online on Vudu. I understand it is also on Amazon Prime.

The short of it is that even if you don't recall being bitten by a tick or having the signature "bull's-eye" rash (fewer than 50% of people with LD do recall this) and even if you have been tested by your GP, you could still have Lyme. Most doctors aren't very knowledgeable about Lyme and  the standard tests (which are then sent to labs who don't know how to accurately test for Lyme) won't reveal it. If you have symptoms listed on the ILADS web site (http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/treatment_guidelines_summary.html) you may want to consider doing a search for "Lyme literate doctors" in your area. Besides that list, somewhere on the site there is another list that is 2 pages long. It is pretty inclusive and if you check off a handful it probably doesn't mean much. I check off the majority so I'm pretty convinced. I will know in three weeks (how long it takes for the blood tests).

Diet: I instinctively started removing certain things from my diet months ago which may have contributed to the improvements I have seen but there is a book by a Dr. Nikola called "The Lyme Diet" you can get from Amazon that is very helpful. Essentials: no gluten, no alcohol, no caffeine, no sugar. High protein, lots of veggies, low carbs with no simple grains.

Hope this helps someone.

Please please could you let me know if your problem was sorted. i have had all the problems on this site for 4 yrs and just don't feel the docs understand. Thanks Debs
Hello
What are your problems?  I can share with you my experience and yes it is better. Not completely but almost 90%. It no longer bothers me as much. Let me know and hopefully I can help.
Did you ever find out what was wrong with your husband?  My husband has the same exact thing.  He gets dizzy and when he does, he is like a completely different person.
I want to share with you all that I did in fact test positive for Lyme Disease. Please read my previous posts on this thread to be reminded of my symptoms but especially the one to which I am now replying to understand the challenge to getting properly diagnosed. It is possible that a good number of you may be infected, even if you have seen a regular doctor who conducted a standard Lyme test and it came back negative. I was tested twice before with negative results. You have to find a Lyme literate doctor in your area to be properly tested. Go to the ILADS web site to find a Lyme literate doctor in your area. Good luck to everyone.
Feeling drunk all day could be an overgrowth of candida, which is some kind of fungus naturally occuring in the body.  Also, I had dizziness for a few years that sort of felt like drunkeness and it turned out to be food allergies to gluten/wheat, dairy/beef, and soy/peanut.  Try eliminating these foods for two weeks and see what happens.  It could be other foods as well.  Maybe worth seeing a Naturopath or Integrative Medicine MD if you can find one in your area.
Yes, as it turns out Lyme patients tend to have fungal infections, parasites, and viruses on top of the bacteria that causes LD. The Lyme diet I have been on since mid September is gluten-free, dairy-free, low glycemic and no alcohol or wine. Takes a bit of the luster out of life but I have seen some improvement especially with my sinuses and that drunken sensation (I have heard it referred to as "de-realization") is not as bad as it once was. But make no mistake, I tested positive for LD and that is at the root of all of my issues. I would highly recommend those on this thread to visit the ILADS.org web site and hunt down the 2 page PDF that lists the symptoms and if you have a good majority of them, request the names of Lyme literate doctors for your region so you can get a reliable test done.

I have seen naturopaths and all sorts of alternative medicine types. I will continue to look to them for options to the hardcore, long-term antibiotics that I am guessing the LD specialist is going to recommend when I see him at the end of the month.  Thanks.
I'm so please I found this thread! I've had perennial allergic rhinitis all my life (I'm 42), along with asthma and this year have had three nasty bouts of sinusitis, with several doses of antibiotics to boot.  These were all classed as 'normal' sinus infections but this last week I've had almost identical symptoms, hideous sinus pain/pressure, but dry nose, no mucus, just pain in my head which goes into my neck and back.  I too feel foggy and have dragged myself to work every day feeling rough.

I saw the doctor on Wednesday who has now referred me to ENT, but I'm curious about all the other suggestions so am going to cut out dairy and see if that helps, also visit my local Chinese herbalist as an alternative. I live in the UK so I'm likely to find my own cure quicker than the NHS will.
So today I went to my local chinese herbalist and had acupuncture, this along with pressure massage on my head has cleared my pressure! I don't know how long this will last, they have suggested further treatment and herbal medicinal drinks, I think the total would be around £500. I'm so relieved to have the pressure gone I have to find the money to continue!
I had suffered from a feeling of pressure up into my ears, blurred vision and head fog and a constant feeling of motion sickness for about 3 months. I had no real congestion, nasal drip or breathing issues. I figured something could be up with my neck which was putting pressure on my scull in a weird way which seemed to in turn put pressure on my sinus tubes.
I was feeling crossed between sea sick and hungover but with hearing loss and weird blurry vision.
Today I sniffed hottish very salty water up my nose which was really sore the first time I did it but within about 10 mins my vision was clearer and the spinny feeling was almost gone. I have done it a couple of times since and the spinny feeling has still stayed away and with it the nausea. Hooray!  Fingers crossed.  I wish I had done this 3 months ago.  Funny thing is I didn't for a second think I had a sinus infection as had had doc check my ears and say they were fine. I hope this helps some of you. Antihistamines only make it even worse once they wear off in my experience and antibiotics are made to fight something that this type of thing is not.
These are the symptoms of sever sinus or stress problems.  Don't worry it is not a life threatening thing but very annoying.  
To anyone who is suffering from dizziness ,it could possibly be the little crystals attached to the end of hair like stems in the inner ear break of and float in the ear.  This happened to me and can happen to anyone.  My ENT doc prescribed epley maneuvers which took care of the benign positional vertigo.  Unfortunately I was given a diruretic which took most sodium from my body and put me into icu near death.  As a result I have tinnitus which makes my ears ring 24/7.  I decided to read anything I could find regarding sinus pressure, headaches and sometimes a little brain fog and also off balance.  I changed my diet by watching sodium intake, sugar, caffine,
Aspartame which is artificial sweetener and omitted dairy.  I have never been over weight, smoked or drink alchohal.  However I do have great times by going to parties, golf and walk a fast paced 3 miles each day. To conclude my post, my doctor who is medical and intergrative medicine has found my thyroid is possibly the ear ringing plus a few other issues.  I suggest put your self in a educated position regarding your health so one is able to tell the doctors info from a medical standpoint.  If you have the knowledge you also have the power to help heal yourself.  My best to all of you and hey, don,t forget about our lord who gives the strength.

how did you prove that you had the candida overgrowth???
Im a 26 year old male who is suffering from constant sinus pressure in mainly the left sinus as well as permenant tinnitus, a bit of head pressure, and ice pick head aches around the head. I wake up feeling terrible every day. I also suffer from muscle spasms/jerks although admittedly i am a caffeine junkie as well as a nicotine addict so i am praying that the jerks are related to that but i dont exclude the possibility that they arent.  Im seeing a doctor tomorrow but am not confident i will get a definite answer and will probably require more testing and a specialist of some sort.  I am terrified of what it could possibly be especially if its a brain tumor.  I am wondering if anybody else has had these symptoms and what they could mean.  I have read a lot of similar stories on here but none that quite fit with mine.  Any info would be appreciated and i hope people on here will find their answers as well.
It could be a spinal fluid related medical condition. They are rare, but common conditions. A common one is Intracranial Hypertension. It's when, for whatever reason, the brain does not absorb the spinal fluid and it begins to build up in the head. It can cause pressure feeling and pain in the head, whooshing noise in the ears, vision trouble/issues, headaches that can range from mild to unbearable in pain. Eye pain and/or pressure. Many people feel fatigued, forgetful, brain fog, heavy feeling in the head, neck and/or shoulders, and no energy. For diagnosis, an eye doctor can look at the back of the eyes to see how the "disk" looks and whether the veins around it are pulsing or not. Another way is to have a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) done. They are not fun and can be very painful, but the best way to determine if the spinal fluid is elevated.  Another condition is that the spinal fluid can also leak from the ears and/or nose due to a leak caused by increased pressure, certain injuries, severe sleep apnea, etc. on the other hand, if the spinal fluid pressure gets too low, that can cause issues too, including headaches.
Hope this helps. Good luck!!
Thanks for the info...i am experiencing theses things and i do have sleep apnea( severe). Currently have post nasal drip..and on antibiotics and clarinex..to see if the issue subsides and if not the doc is going to do further testing ...i will mention to him some of the the conditions you listed. Thanks alot!
Hi I have the exact same symptoms as you had in 2008.  I know it has been a long time, but would love to know if you ever found out what was causing your symptoms and if you found relief, how?..Please help this is really making me feel not like myself at all. :*( Thank you
Please look up EMF Hypersensitivity, I had this so bad Doctors know nothing my answer was a bad ground in the house it is really bad to keep being exposed to high EMFs. lots you can do to protect your self, we disconnected all the power in the bed room so at night I could sleep and discharge, very scary stuff , I am writing about this because so many people have issues with this and no where to turn. check  your homes ground wire, and keep all power away from you at night. including cell phones. begin taking omega 3 and vitamin  B12
I agree with post above about EMFs.also we are being aerial  sprayed constantly ,where I am every day and night and I seem to be sick a lot with flu like symptoms
I've read this whole thread. Boring as hell but what kept me reading is the obvious separation of 2 groups. Group 1 has sinus, allergy, or septum issues. Doctors are gonna toss everyone with these issues in the same group because frankly they don't really give a damn. If your one of the posters who feel like your problem isn't sinus related then it's probably not. This is group 2. Group 2 has muscle and trigger point issues. Posture related issues. Forward head, frozen shoulder, TMJ. This group isn't going to receive help from a doctor. They need to work on posture. The posters who said they feel better while exercising are all in this group. They aren't suffering from sinus issues AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!! And when they say pressure in the head its a different pressure then sinus. Tight muscles on sides of nose to the eye, around the eye, temple, top of head, jaw, behind ears and all around ears, eye brow. This pressure is more of a pulling type of pressure and can be very painful. Seemingly coming out of nowhere.
Frozen shoulder and head forward posture will eventually refer pain to all of the areas sinus allergies will. This will lead to blurred vision, fatigue, ringing in ears, and trouble sleeping.
That would be positional vertigo. I have it, and it comes and goes. Nothing you can do, but move slowly when looking up and lying down and getting up. Prop your head on a couple pillows at night, see if that helps.
If your symptoms include most of the following:

* Head pressure (separate from pain or sinus congestion)
* Feeling of "fullness" in the ears
* Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
* Vertigo or dizziness; "drunk" feeling, sometimes accompanied by mental fog
* Visual "floaters" or "visual snow/static"

Look up information on Meniere's disease. That may not be what you have, but I strongly suspect it's related. It can be brought on by B12 deficiency, built-up inner-ear pressure, or a molecular imbalance in the fluid of the inner ear. Nitrous oxide, (laughing gas), for instance, can osmose into the inner ear and get stuck, damaging the cilia that enable different frequencies of sound and the tiny calcium crystals that enable us to tell when we're upright.

Specifically, I strongly suspect (based on a lot of research, but I'm not a doctor or scientist) that it has to do with a disregulation of either the NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptors or glutamate receptors in the inner ear. This would cause issues with balance, hearing, perceived sinus pressure, tinnitus, "drunken" mental fog -- all of the above.

Things to consider:
* Get vitamin B12 levels tested. It isn't enough to start taking tons of B12; some people's bodies can't absorb it.
* Take antioxidants, such as vitamin C and alpha-lipoic acid.
* Suggest these possibilities to your physicain or ENT and see if s/he has further ways of testing whether I'm on point, and if so, what specific treatments exist. My best guess is that a calcium channel blocker would do wonders. But again, I'm neither a doctor nor a scientist. Just a dude with too much time on his hands and too much sinus pressure to think about much else.
I am a 53yr old woman, my problems started a year ago.  I woke one morning with excruciating pain in the back on my head on the right side.  I took normal over the counter pain relief for 6 weeks to no avail. I visited my GP who referred me to a neurologist ( 3 months later). Without looking or examing me he diagnosed Migraines.  Over several months I took different migraine relieving meds, these did not work either. In this time I had what i thought were a lot of colds, hoarseness of voice and loss of hearing/throbbing in my ears.  January this year I collapsed at work with loss of vision and hearing.  My GP referred me back to neurologist who still insisted it was migraines.  I paid for a private consulatation with a neurologist and an MRI was planned, meanwhile the pain in my head became too much to cope with and i started vomiting. I was admitted to hospital and placed on Gabapentin and Oramorph.  My scan was done while i was an inpatient and the results show i have extensive opacifcation of all paranasal sinuses.  I am now awaiting an appointment with an ENT specialist.  I presume this means my sinuses are totally blocked and will need cleaning/flushing.  Aside from the pain in the back of my head and the hearing problem I have no other atypical symptoms of sinusitis. Anyone else still reading this or had similar problems i would love to hear what happened regarding treatments.  
I been the same used 5 tea spoons of table salt and 10 grams of cloves in hot boiling water on my cooker and it did help I thank allah 4 that
Try it might help u as well