Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cervical Adenitis-confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cervical Adenitis-confused

Hello!
  I have posted on the Thyroid forum before but after today's doctor visit it seems my questions might go in this forum instead!!  2 years ago I started having swollen glands on the left side.  It continued and eventually the ENT did a biopsy and ultimate removal of a gland in my submandiblar area.  He said it was very large but benign.  Right before surgery he found another one in my cheek.  They biopsied it during surgery and it was inconclusive.  Fast forward to now and I still have the one in my cheek, still enlarged and found another under my jaw 8 weeks ago.  During this time major thyroid problems,  TSH anywhere from 38.6 to .19 (I have been hypo for 30 years).  Today's visit prompted a CT and needle biopsy scheduled.  ENT says he thinks they are benign but still thinks I need the tests.  He wants to take out the one in my cheek but is hestitant due to location.  The mystery remains, what is causing this?  Has anyone had this without a cause?  I do not have any other major syptoms (symptoms) that seem to be connected. No fever.  ENT says must be some low grade infection somewhere because they are very enlarged.  But then why don't we find out where that is coming from.  He did not order blood work.  Is there something else here to consider?
Thanks for ll the help!!