Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Clogged/Fullness in Ears and Pressure/Vertigo in Head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hi everyone,

I have been having this problem for the last 4 years and still didn't find a solution for my problems. It started with ear pressure and my ears feel clogged and full all the time and I keep trying to pop them every day. I keep opening jaw and pushing through nose to try to keep them open but with no longterm success. This has been happening on a daily basis for the last for 4 years and it is really hard to live like this.

The second problem is the head pressure and these weird feelings in my head. This is something that comes and go (or is bearable at least for some time), but when it is there I feel like there is constanly some pressure around my forehead, eyes, sometime at the back aswell and in my neck. I feel a bit of vertigo and I find it hard to focus because of this (with stress it gets even worse). If i lie down I can also very easily hear my hearbeat in my head.

I have already been to multiple ENTs,Neurologist, took CT of head, sinuses, went to TMJ specialist,chiropractor,bioresonance and probably some other stuff that I can't remember now. Thing is all results came back normal and noone could tell me what is wrong with me while I know something is not right.

If someone has experienced this or found a relief or know what it is, then PLEASE help as I am desperate to get better.

TY
Me too - exactly the same. For years and years, and it's getting worse. Diagnosis was chronic 'inflammatory sinus disease'.
Treatment....sniff up salt water....use nasal spray and so on and on. Had all the tests, brain scan, sinus exam and like you, hearing and balance tests, eye tests and other stuff that I can't remember because this is so hard to cope with that my concentration and memory is affected when it's bad.
I have found no answers! Doctors have given up! Anybody, please help us both if you can.
Anyway Playaz, you are not alone.......there is somebody out there.....(me)

smile.
It's me again - I forgot to ask where you live and what the weather is like. Are you affected worse during weather changes or rainy or humid weather? Or in summer or winter or all the time?
I ask because I live in a mild sub tropical climate and mine used to be worst at the start and during winter which is dry, but the last couple of years I'm affected really badly when it rains and in the humid stormy summers.
Hey

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering as I am... actually I was just thinking about this aswell and at the moment it is worse again and it is winter time here. I actually felt better in last months(as for head pressure, ear are clogged almost always) but in late December i started to notice it is getting worse again. What do you think this could mean ?

It means that we have the same problems but no answers. It's obviously connected to climate and changing air pressures; allergy for sure but to what I don't know. I have met other people who get this stuff when the weather changes from fine to rainy, but it only lasts a day or two. Us, it's most of the time.
cheers
For me stress also plays a big part in this. When there is a day I get more stressed I can feel how the pressure in head starts growing and ears get clogged even more, is that the same with you ?
Yes, definately!
Anyone else that can help us ???
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate. This can block the tubes. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

Did you manage to find anything new regarding this?

I have been having these same symptoms for the past few years as well. At least 5 years or longer. Recently it's becoming unbearable, and it's effecting my ability to focus and as you mentioned, my memory. Everyday it seems as if I feel more and more twitches and pulses around my head, and my ears are clogged now more than ever. I'm wondering if any of you ever got a definite diagnosis on these symptoms.

Thank You

I'm still in the same boat as you, still haven't find a solution for this. Have you had any signs of relief or have you find anything new that could help us?

Well, there are three of us,because I have been through exactly the same symptoms. and all manner of scans, tests and specialist consultations have revealed nothing.
At times, the pressure in my ears is unbearable. I can experience pain running down my cheeks and neck and down my back. Most usually though, it feels like my ears are squeezing from the inside. Sometimes they feel wet as if there is fluid there, but tests have confirmed that this is not the case.
I have been experiencing these symptoms on and off since 1998. They can last for many, many months at a time, with constant pain and weird feelings in the ears everyday. The symptoms disappear on their own, only to return at a later date, usually a year or two later.
I am experiencing a bout of this now, and it is driving me crazy since I do not know how to relieve the symptoms, or how long they will take to go away. It makes it difficult to concentrate and can bring on depression because of the length of time it lasts. The pain can be intense very often and I am at my wit's end trying to deal with it. No point in going to the doctors since they have done everything they can already, to no avail.
I wonder if anybody else has some answers for the three of us?!
same problems here...started with just the left ear making noises, hissing ringing amongst other odd sounds and now both ears are clogged and head feels full like i need to be depressurised? can't take much more as mine too has been ongoing for almost a year and now with both ears....nothing will unplug them and I too, have been to the ENT, nothing wrong they say other than deviated septum! haha...more to it then that me thinks! when I talk I am inside my head, like a tunnel affect
Hi, had the same for months. Had all the test too. My doctor gave me a small dose of valium  short term and put me on lexapro. After about a month I'm doing much better. Still get mild symptons, but I can function now.
No, there are four of us. I too have had the exact same symptoms since March of this year. Mine started out with ringing in one ear one day and then to the other the next day and back and forth for a couple of weeks. I was told that my ears were completely blocked and needed them cleaned. So, I had that done but after a couple of days, I was experiencing earaches a few days a week and very sensitive ears to sound. Then came a burning sinus sensation on one side of my face that lasted for about a month or so along with 24hr eye redness . Then for a few weeks it felt like I need some upper root canal work, which I now know I dont. Now, every now and again, I get what feels like a stiff or sore neck along with some very mild light headedness and post nasal drip almost everyday, so , there is something going on with all of us here. The ear pressure " wet feeling " of the ears seems to be worst when raining outside or driving in the car.. The burning sensation has long gone as well as the root canal thingy but I am left with this wet feeling in ears and fullness half of the day and post nasal drip that runs like a tap most days.
I do find that stress plays an important factor in this issue not to mention caffeine and processed fatty foods. I do find that Ativan helps calm the issue down to a more bearable level as well as eating properly.
I too have been to multiple Hospitals and clinics and had every test imaginable done and and all is fairly normal for a 49 year old active male. I am told that there is an excellent chance that I might have either inhaled some sort of chemical or caught some sort of unknown virus. Thank God I live in Eastern Canada where we have an excellent health care system in place or I would be financially in trouble after all this testing. I can explain more in detail including medications and tests info from my Doctor that of which is an old fashion no time limit Doctor who always explains facts and theories with pictures and actual results if you want to email me (***@****)

Just remember, we are not fighting this issue alone, there are more of us out there somewhere..
Regards, Andy
It's me again.
I now realize that my email address didn't show up in the above post,it wouldn't let me type it in,so I will try it another way. Its pcxtreme at hotmail *******. Hope this works. I will be more that happy to share any and all info with anyone who is going through the same thing.
Cheers, Andy
Has any doctor suggested Meineire's disease? Seemed to fit the bill for many of these comments. It didn't seem to list any real "cure" for Meineire's except to avoid salt, stress, cigarettes, etc but I would highly recommend cranio sacral therapy for the ear pressure issue.
i get the same thing , started up 2 days ago .
feel a bit dizzy with it too , i can easily pop my ears, and my own voice sounds like i,m talking in to a metal bucket in my head , i have not seen my doctor yet as i though it  may have been water in the ear , but its still there, so will book to see my doctor soon
I have been a accident as a pedestrian a year ago and have been getting injections in my neck and shoulder.   Head hurts on one side... opposite side of the ear pain.  Went to er cause of pain in neck going down my arm. And discovered I had fluid in the ear.  Wasnt infected.  But cervical neck related.   That was a week ago.  Now the ear is very painful and feels like pressure pain in the lower back of my head.   I see the neorologyst in 2 days and he is going to follow up on it... Im afraid of a hemorage or something.  Im tired of the pain and numbness throughout my whole body.
Has anyone talked about tubes to relieve pressure?
Amazed to find this thread.  Been suffering with exact symptoms for about 2 years , worse now more than ever.  Ent and go tests all normal but I know the pressure tinnitus and tunnel sounds are there.  Any relief anyone?
My email is ***@****
Hi. Add me to the list!! Felt very tired for several years, then the feeling of water and pressure in head, now I also have the heartbeat with intermittent whooshing and if that wasn't enough i've started hearing a buzzing noise as well. It's like having your own orchestra in your head!!
As like all of you, have had all the scans, seen many doctors.  I did the steroid nasal spray for a while but no joy.  Also did the NeilMed Sinuse rinse but gave up (maybe too quickly?). So guess what two doctors have now prescribed me?? Antidepressants! I thought what the heck i''ll give it a shot. Not that these will cure the problem but apparently it will help you cope better with the problem. Tomorrow night I am going for head massage, ear candling and sinus massage drainage thing...who knows if it will have any positive impact but again, worth a try. I will let you know the outcome.
I'm having all the symptoms also for 3~4 yrs. Seen by cardio, ent, rehab doctors, endo, optha and optometrist.
Had cranial ct and mri, paranasal tests, vertïgo and hearing test.

Now 3 doctors are saying if I need psychological help.

All tests are normal except for my vit d level. It's 18.29 normal range is 30-100

Anyone here who has been tested their vit d level?

Now im taking serc for vertigo and coversyl for hypertension
I have been dealing with this for 2 years now.  Pressure in ears is horrible right now.  I have had numerous test done also.  I had 6 days of relief in 5 months.  They say its allergy related I am allergic to cats, dogs, pollen, dust, rag weed, trees and grass God knows what else.   Put me on steroid nose spray, singulair, and claritin and no help.  I clean houses for a living and I am miserable.  brain fog, teeth hurt, ears are always full.  I have a hard time driving when my ears are so full.   I just want to feel better.  Think i am going to try allergy shots next.  
I have it too but I am recovering from a cracked skull with some minor brain damage which occurred 9 January 2015.  Exactly the same symptoms I also hear a low drone noise that drives me insane.
Hi guys I am experiencing the same exact symptoms. Clogged/ringing ears, dizziness/vertigo, pain in the head like someone pushing on both sides of my forehead, and general fatigue and lack of concentration. It sounds like what we have could be CERVICAL SYNDROME. people who spend a lot of time i front of a laptop/pc or work in places where they tend to lean their head and keep a non-straight posture very often develop cervical syndrome (your cervix pushes on your spine and your nerves just beneath your head). I'm going to check it out tomorrow, hope this helps ,, get an X-ray of your neck, keep a straight posture and get orthopedic pillows
Same issues here for about 7mos. Ear fullness right ear. Tried oral steroid, nasal steroid, allergy pills, ear candling, ibuprofen, muscle relaxers, pseudofed, ear drops. No luck so far. My ENT says could possibly be Endolymphatic Hydrops (similar to Ménière's Disease). I see an allergist next week.
Same issues here.  Constant pressure in my ears, vertigo (sometimes extreme).  Seems like stress can lead to severe headaches to go along with the pressure.  I haven't had any tests.  My doctor has offered to do the flurry of testing, but I don't want to take the hit to my pocket.  Surprised to find this discussion.  I read everything I can get my hands on.  I have read about Ménière's Disease, allergies and just about everything that has been mentioned.  I have not heard of CERVICAL SYNDROME and intend to look into that further.  I'll keep watching this site with hope that someone will find a break-through as to what is causing this and how to stop/cure it.  I feel your pain!
I will add to the post. I looked this up because I have the same symptoms. Ringing, feeling like I am in a tunnel at times, ear pressure. But I also have Cervical disc degeneration. I do very much suspect it is related. I see people talking about checking for Cervical disease. That may not be a bad idea. I am going to get an updated MRI as my last one is ten years old. The ringing started all the sudden when I moved my head and has not stopped. Depending on how I move it gets worse. Stress also makes it worse for me and the ringing louder. It could all be related to the amount of tension in my neck or the nerves in my neck due to the degeneration. There are so many causes for Tinnitus. If you haven't  tried checking your neck yet, it make be a good idea.
Has anyone found an answer for this? i also have had symptoms for nearly 2 years now, pressure in my head and ears, neck and upper back are sore and also a hot feeling around my ears and head.

I have read up on this and can not seem to figure it out. However, have seen that a spinal tap may help to solve the problem as they can test the fluid in your head for infection, disease, pressure etc i will be seeing my doctor tomorrow hopfully with some good results.

I unfortunately don't have an answer either. I've been experiencing similar symptoms pressure in one or both ears nearly everyday for going on 1yr 9 months now. It is accompanied by a liquid trickling feeling on the inside and sometimes a dull pain. I feel like I'm going crazy with this. I've been ton the doctors with no prevail..they can't see anything wrong. Someone please help me get rid of the constant disruption to my daily life.
Hope everything went well.  
I'm so happy to find this post. I also have these symptoms, except I don't have any allergy, or sinus, or nasal drip issues. I have ear pressure, and jaw pain from trying to pop my ears, and my teeth hurt. I have neck pain and stiffness, extreme vertigo, constant headaches, and I can hear my blood shwooshing in my head, and feel my heartbeat. I have brain fog, lack of concentration, and fatigue. I have seen an ENT, had a CT scan, and my ears and sinuses are clear, no issues. Diagnosed migraine and referred me to a neurologist, appt in 2 weeks. I hope we are all still following and can help each other out with our search for answers. Thank you.
Hey guys! I saw the neurologist and my diagnosis is chronic migraine. I don't know if this fits for you, but I learned a lot about migraine today. Migraine is not a type of headache, it is a medical/biological condition. Pain is only one of the symptoms. Half of sufferers have only mild or moderate pain, and half will get severe pain but also get mild headaches. Other symptoms include: tightness, aching, pounding, pressure, sensitivity, pressure behind the eyes, over the sinuses, base of the neck, also shoulders, nausea, blurred vision, thought blocking, poor concentration, confusion, numbness, tingling, vertigo, dizziness, insomnia, fainting, or stroke-like symptoms. Chronic migraine, if left untreated, can last weeks, months, or even years. I have so much pressure in my ears and in my head that I can hear my blood swooshing and hear my heartbeating. And my vertigo is off the charts. I've had just about all these symptoms for a very long time, years, and I have a headache daily, but only got severe headaches 1 or 2 times a month, so I didn't even consider that I had migraine. I thought it was sinus pressure. So, the moral of my story is that it is possible that you are suffering with some or all of these symptoms, but not have severe pain, and not realize that it is classic migraine. I have a program to follow with my neurologist and I'm looking forward to feeling better! I hope this helps someone! God Bless!
Hi everyone, Long post warning.

I have similar symptoms for 5-6 years. I am a 28 yr old female, in otherwise good health. I eat well (mostly whole food, organic when possible, lots of green leafies, I eat meat, avoid processed stuff when possible) and exercise regularly. My symtoms (symptoms): Consistent exhaustion no matter the sleep I may have gotten; also struggle with insomnia, cognitive impairment (struggle to think, comprehend, memorize, make leaps of insight, etc), dizziness, nausea, generally feeling "out of it" or drunk.  Seems like these things have just gotten worse. Back around 2000,  I had a summer when I got sick quite a bit, later saw a doctor who said I may have had an ear infection. Started to get allergies badly in college, around 2006 and eventually had tonsils and adenoid removed because tonsils would get inflamed regularly and get cryptic (pocketed) with pus. I also took a SCUBA course in 2005, no problem then that I can remember, but when I went to get my advanced open water certification, I could not equalize, bled out of my ear (I think; someone remarked that they saw blood in my mask, so maybe out of my lacrimal duct?), and since then I have noticed fullness, stuffyness in ears, ringing, inability to equalize, significant pain when trying to go even a few feet underwater. I also notice constant popping/clicking that one would experience when equalizing ears, but all the time when I chew or swallow.

Have any of you had extensive orthodontic work? I had braces, headgear, palate spreader...meaning possibly small mouth, nasopharynx, etc. It might be helpful for some to get a sleep study or investigate either sleep apnea or upper airway resistance syndrome ruled out (I do experience a slight improvement in symptoms of morning headache/stuffiness if I wear a nose strip). I hope to get a sleep study to rule these things out soon next year. If you do suspect UARS, it is important to get tested at a clinic that will somehow measure the width of your throat while sleeping; people who have UARS have a sleeping/breathing problem, but present with subclinical results for sleep apnea. Basically, you go in for a test and they tell you nothing is wrong because your symptoms don't match those of sleep apnea.

I used to get migraines starting around 2005, then lots of headaches, feeling that my spine was getting rammed up into the base of my skull. Have had chiropractic care, but what really made a difference was UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC. These DC specialize adjusting C1 and C2 (atlas and axis only). My brain stem was being pressed on. Since getting these adjustments as needed for several months, I have not experienced migraines or headaches, except for once post hand surgery (October 2015).

I have had complete metabolic panels done; checked thyroid, autoimmune factors, iron, B12, etc, etc. Nothing wrong. I did get checked by ENT after SCUBA incident; he said everything looked fine. When I had tonsils and adenoid out in 2010, ENT, did not remark on anything looking abnormal. I have had hearing tested, everything ok...I also used to get heavy and long-lasting nose bleeds from my right nostril and eventually had the weak blood vessel cauterized. Since then (or maybe before then and I hadn't noticed), that nostril tends to run a lot. Could that be linked to post-nasal drip, with a connection to problems with eustation tubes?

I have also suffered 4 concussions and was worried about brain damage or post concussion syndrome, saw a neurologist and had brain scan; nothing abnormal. However, damage from concussions DOES NOT SHOW on MRIs from what I understand. This neurologist did not think to suggest ENT or even ask if my eye glass prescription was current to address dizziness (it is not; I get a check up when my insurance kicks in in Jan '16). The neurologist referred me to get thyroid and vit B12 re-checked, and everything was normal. He thought I might have hypothyroidism because of my symptoms, plus I have poor circulation/cold hands and feet (which is also a symptom of Upper Respiratory Resistance Syndrome).

I live in Oregon; I wonder about what the weather has to do with things...maybe I'm allergic to black mold? I did notice my symptoms got worse with the weather change, but maybe I have SAD as well.

Dizziness: sometimes it does feel like the room is spinning, sometimes I just feel like a klutz. There have been times, usually when I am on the floor stretching, that the earth seemed to rock back and forth rapidly. I think that usually happened when my head was bent down.

Sorry I am rambling and not quite organized...just including details as I think of them. This really ***** guys and gals. I feel like I have forfeited my life, and opportunities are passing me by. I know I am capable of so much more, but I exist in a zombie-like haze. Oh boy, I'm all worn out typing this. I will add more later if I remember any details I left out. I really, truly hope everyone can find some relief.

Forgot to mention that I have to wear earplugs to sleep because I am so sensitive to noise. I thought that this could explain some of my symptoms but I could not find any negative effect from wearing them every night that would explain things. What do you think?
I to have had my ears blocked for 4 years, feel funny in the head and feel sick after this went to an Ent who wants me to have allergy tests. My GP reckons its from smoking but I gave it up for 7 months  and made no difference. Apparently I have very small tubes in my ears. I hope I can get it fixed its driving me mad. the funniest in the head  mainly happens in the night or if I'm looking and talking at the same person for long periods or I could be just sitting and my head goes all funny
Hi, from BC..I to am experiencing all these symtoms (symptoms) eccept I have acid reflex really bad.I have it anyways but that's like way up there out of control as well.but the fullness in my ears, the buzz like headaches, my neckOMG! what have we all got..
I think I have you all beat, I'm 29 years old right now and I've been dealing with the exact same thing since I was 17 years old. I can still remember the exact date started, I was in Amsterdam and I went on an amusement park ride and during the ride I could feel intense pressure in my head and I knew something was not right. After that I came back with a very bad viral infection that gave me an earache that was unbearable. I took a couple of antibiotics and the pain went away. Soon after that I had fullness of the head ears and trouble hearing for one year straight. I gained 80 pounds because I was so depressed I couldn't do anything. The head pressure and confusion, vertigo etc slowly diminished, in its place came ear fullness that lasted 7 years or so. Came down with a cold about 2 years ago and experience intense intense intense ear pressure and fullness, that would not go away for 6 months. I was doing everything you could think of. Then I started treating myself with mucus thinning medicine that took the pressure away by 80%. Since then I've developed a brand new symptom a severe case of post nasal drip, that literally is there every time I swallow. If I ever throw up I will literally throw up two or three cups of mucus straight. My throat hurts, my ears feel like they're being pulled every time I swallow. I have a very dry nose but a very lubricated throat that hurts from all the mucus. It's good to hear that I'm not the only person dealing with this. I have no medical insurance so I've never had the chance to go to the doctor about this. Except when I lived in Canada for the first two years of my symptoms, all CT scans and MRI came back clear, they just said I had a minor sinus infection. Longest sinus infection in history!
Several sound like meniere's disease which is my problem. Some don't. Read up on it, and see what you all think. It's a miserable experience and has lasted 12 years (so far) in my case. Seems worst during winter months. The pressure and ringing in my ears can make daily interactions near impossible since I can hardly hear (amazon sells bioflavonoids which has helped A LOT with the ringing aspect and made it so I can function, but I only found this in the last 2 years, I will never be without them again). Sometimes taking an antihistamine will help reduce the vertigo long enough for me to get somewhere to sleep through the worst of it. When this first started, it could come on instantly, the world would spin so much I couldn't stand upright let alone function. Really scary to have happen when driving. There are some suggested assists for the symptoms, but no real cure. The only thing is surgery which can cause total deafness (not interested), and even then the symptoms could return in time. I have tried the low sodium thing, thought it was helping until I had an "episode" with no change in diet. Stress can add to it at times which just compounds on itself since it stresses me when these episodes happen. I know it may not help a whole lot, but try the bioflavonoids if you have the ringing, those that they work for will love them. It's not what you all want to hear, but that's all I've found through the years. I don't drink alcohol, so that wasn't an issue, but I read that can make it a lot worse on the vertigo part (for obvious reasons).
Hi all,I have all the same symptoms & was diagnosed with benign positional vertigo about 15 years ago. I've also got multiple autoimmune conditions. But I had so many crazy symptoms that I also had all the specialist testing etc..., turns out my diagnosis is LYME DISEASE PLUS COINFECTIONS. It's gotten into my nervous system. Plus Epstein Barr Virus - this can be the root cause of many peoples' health problems (as most people have had it).
If you have any fatigue along with your symptoms, I recommend getting checked out for bacteria like Lyme (which is a type of bacteria and mimicks almost 400 different conditions). I'm in Perth, Australia - a place supposedly where you don't get infected...but so many people do! Just an idea...
Ps. There's actually a Nobel prize winner at the university of western australia who discovered a cure for tinnitus. Google it if you need treatment. Good luck to all & my thoughts are with u xx
Pps, I'm not sure if all the symptoms you all mention (head pressure, dizziness, ringing in ears etc)  which I have also are Lyme related, but just thought I'd mention I get these particular symptoms badly during humid summer stormy/overcast weather (in Perth, that's January)... My anxiety increases also.
I try dehumidifying the house with aircon, massage my head & even try a bit of stretching/yoga/movement & then relaxation.
I have it right now and I'm trying to remind myself that it has passed in the past, so this too should pass. I hope it does soon!!'
Sorry to read all your symptoms..
very similar to mine..
I found this site because of my ear clogging issue.
If you have something called 'spontaneous intracranial hypotension', you will have all those symptoms. Symptoms may be relived by resting in bed, including ear clogging. The condition is caused mainly by CSF leak, and the site of the leak may not be found at all. (by CT, MRI, etc).
If your symptoms get better with a treatment called 'blood patch', most likely you have the leak. You may need more than 1 treatment, or you may need to actually go for CT of spine with contrast to find the site of the leak. I've already got 2 blood patch and the condition got better but it seems like the leak did not get healed..I am getting most of symptoms back..
I am debating whether to go for further testing or not..CT of spine with contrast is pretty invasive procedure; you need to get injection in the spine..
But meanwhile, lot of drinking water,  bedrest..

Hope you mention this condition to your doctors and find a right treatment for you..Intracranial pressure is measured by spinal tap..usually done by a neurologist or anesthesiologist..

Good luck everyone
Hey all, I also suffer from clogged ears and facial pressure~! This is the 2nd winter in a row. I can not find relief either; I have am continuing to try Medi Rinse, Nasonex, Mucenix, Sudafed, Allegra, steam and facial massage. I can breathe through my nose just fine, but I feel like the far reaches of my sinus cavities are blocked and nothing is reaching it. Massaging across the forehead and cheeks and from the bottom of the ear down the front of the neck to the collar bone helps sometimes. Oddly, as someone else mentioned, I was also a pedestrian struck by a minivan about 10 years ago and have had neck shoulder issues since. I think the cranial fluid passage ways could be the problem, but I am not up for anyone touching my spine. :) Thanks for letting me know I am not alone. Mona
Me Three: Same problem for over 4+yrs. Sinus surgery, over 33 doctors, major NY hospitals--Chronic Rhino-sinusitis...never feel well...and yes, my memory and concentration is "off" due to the pain& stress dealing with head. I get pins/needles in the sinus area, nose burns, eyes swollen. Name the test, I've had it...all paperwork "I'M PERFECT", but my life has changed and not able to do what I use to do---horrible. Neil med with saline does help...but not a cure. Today, after a blizzard (cold helps)...I'm still miserable. I've been taking allergy shots by immunologist close to 2yrs.--doesn't help with sinus pain ..ear pain, teeth pain.One Ent dr. told me "your allergic to the ENVIRONMENT, I think so also. Vertigo: that's when the room spins...I get dizzy but then stable. AGREE: Memory and thought process is not same with this condition. I was told: TRY ANOTHER STATE TO LIVE IN FOR FEW WEEKS. I've had ev. test imaginable...all Perfect..which is embarrassing to say the least. Antibi's don't always work..and depletes your immune system..Keep me posted on any infor. you find to help resolve problem...

Humidity--rain associated with "mold"?...have you had prick or blood test to see if your allergic to "grass/trees/weeds?..I would check with immunologist for a test--can help with meds you need. Good Luck.
I cannot believe I found people with the same symptoms I have. Going on 7 years now. Sorry for your pain but so glad to know that I am not alone. Has anyone thought if our pains and symptoms could be related to sleep apnea? My GP seems to think so.
Hi all, my husband has many of these same symptoms. He has been diagnosed with otitis media with effusion (glue ear) and mastoiditis.  The OME means he has fluid behind his eardrums. Over the years it has infected his mastoid bone, the pourous bone behind the ear. A few years ago his ENT cut his eardrums, vacuumed the mucous out and put tubes in so the ears could drain the fluid out when it builds up again. This relieved he pressure. He has allergies and GERD which both contribute to the fluid build up. He also has eustachain tube dysfunction which makes it hard for the fluid to drain thru his eustachain tubes thus the need for the inserted tubes. It's an ongoing battle but the tube have provided a good amount of relief. He has changed his diet to eliminate processed foods and sugars and lowered his caffeine intake. We also drink kombucha for the prebiotic aso well as other fermented foods. He exercises, stretches , and massages the effected areas everyday. Sometimes when he stretches he feels relief in his ears. Hope this helps.
I had my vit d...and b-12 blood tests, great numbers.  If  not in the sun at least 10-15min. per day--vit d is lacking, as we age & where we live. I live North area. I take vitamin D3--(MUST HAVE 3 AFTER D)
1-2,000 units per day.  I also take Nature Bounty's Liquid B-12--5,000mg every day...grown children & g/kids also. (like the shots) My primary is Hopkins Doctor--I use to go for b-12 shots until I found liquid form at drug store. Dr. said, that's fine, tests proved it works. We release b-12--so there is no harm, he commented. One's white count can be off if b-12 is lacking. Happened to friend--very scary--she's now getting taking b-12 shots... liquid does same job. I'm proof.
This is so me.........It has been going on for over 6 years. Done all the tests, and the only thing I am told is that it could be migraines. The neurologist suggested taking topamox to see whether that would help. I have yet to try it as I am such a wiener.
I first start out with a quick dizzy spell, then my face fills with pressure and extends across my cheeks and eyes. My left ear plugs and I am off balance. This is a daily thing. I have noticed that cloud movement seems to have alot to do with it. I live in Ontario, Canada. Wondering where you all live to see if we have similar weather. Just do not know what to do with this anymore. It seems to consume me. Then you know what happens........anxiety sets in. Appreciate any of your thoughts