Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Compulsive nose picking
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Compulsive nose picking

I am so embarrassed, as I have only just realised that my problem is a compulsive disorder. My mother used to pick her nose, I have seen one of my daughters does it, and I have done it to the extent that I have ruptered an artery in my nose, and been hospitalised twice now. This last time, has really scared me and now that I am at home,  I am feeling so ill. I was rushed into hospital 5 days ago with heavy blood loss, which Dr's were unable to stop, so I had to have an operation to tie off burst arteriesand needed 4 pints of blood. All of this I have caused myself!!! Yet I still want to pick, so I now realise that I have OCD, and am desperate to be cured, before I do it again. I am a 60 years old, and know that if I keep on harming myself in this way, I am going to make myself really ill. I do remember as a child, that peeling sunburnt skin, was something I also enjoyed doing. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can stop myself from doing this, please, please, help me.  
You may want to see a psychologist for Behavior Modification Therapy with the use of Adversives (negative consequences designed to consciously and subconsciously lessen undesired rituals )
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...