Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Constant ringing in ear after infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Constant ringing in ear after infection

Hello, I'm just getting over getting sick which led to an ear infection. I've had a constant ringing in my ear so I went to the doctor and was prescribed Augmentin. I'm 6 days into taking it but the ringing will not cease and I'm unable to sleep for more than 3 hours a night. The ringing has been happening for 7 days straight thus far.

What could the cause be, and will it go away?
Hi - I am in the midst of a bunch of medical workups........seems the first week
in December of 2010, had a viral head and sinus inflammation with pain in ears,pressure and ringing in the ears.......am being allergy tested right now had antibiotics and steriods
for the inflammation which did not do any good.  It has been very stressful, had a audiologist do a hearing test and I was told I had hearing loss, not sure if my sinus
infection is going away or not.  Go to ENT and have some tests done and see if
they come up with anything.  It is quite frustrating especially when I did not have a strong complaint of ringing before in my ears.  Apparently ringing indicates some
nerve damage or hearing loss,  Have it checked out, hopefully you can get it straight.
I am getting a 2nd opinion on mine since I was told by the first ENT to get hearing aids
that mask out tinnitus..........let me know how you do with your situation,

best to you,
Carla559