Eagle Syndrome
Has anyone heard of this? I have been diagnosed with this after years of jaw eye neck and ear ache.  It is an overgrowth of the styloid bone which causes pulling of muscles and nerves.  The treatment is removal of the overgrown bone resulting in immediate relief.  Has anyone had or heard of this.
I had my styloid process removed and I had relief from symptoms for just over one year and then symptoms returned.  Not because the styloid grew back, but because the affected ligaments and nerves after so many years of irritation are messed up.  The ligament can become ossified.  I would still recommend the surgery and I think the earlier you have it the better your prognosis for no recurrence.  I'm on a medication called Lyrica now, which has relieved my discomfort, and I'm waiting for an MRI to look at more permanent solutions.
Good Luck.